Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    BiGUp for the update! Relocked onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Thx again DS!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BiGUp for the update! Relocked onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did indeed forget to add blocking volumes to some of the crates in the island.. Oh well it will give people something to camp in until the next build OK off to work for the night :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 02 is up! https://ut.rushbase.net/effects69/DM...wsNoEditor.pak

I ended up deleting all the rocks from my island as they were causing to many problems.

I haven't had the chance tp review and work on the castle sniper areas, but will by the next build.

I've probably missed some blocking volumes up as I did a rush build this morning before work.

Enjoy!

And thx for the great feedback, keep them coming!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the awesome feedback DS

I'm just cooking a new version right now.

I haven't messed with the sniper areas yet, but I have added a little island that you can get too + you can see the sunset from there Once it's cooked I'm gonna upload it before I head into work in an hours time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm starting to get some "vacation vibes" again after seeing that progress shot & after some killer bash's on it some thoughts;

This nice sunset is kinda hidden over here, maybe rotating it around so that it's (off)centered behind the plank with the invis/keg of life?

Have you considered making these areas playable? Maybe some sniper ammo paks on the dotted spot

Keep up the GoodWorks effects69!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks amazing. :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking great man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm working on an addition to the map.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had a fun idea

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i like this felling ( medieval church ..) so nice!
    keep up good work man ..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi effects,

after 2 short rounds I'm on the same page as MoxNix opinon on your new map:
    the inner part is a nice, larger more or less plain area, but its missing some z-axis action. I wonder (or suggest ) that you make use of the larger existing buildings and towers as well as the surrounding walls and make them also part of the gameplay, by making them accessible. E.g. jumppads to get on the wall areas from the inner play area. And as a possible later extension: also a few larger rooms in the existing buildings, with 2-levels inside and option to get up/out to the wall area.

Kind of DM-Barricade style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmPAk_3DfE
    Last edited by Mr Van; 01-18-2016, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks so much for your suggestions I will see what I can do about the sharp edges by the next build.

Originally posted by lo2dk View Post
    Love the looks of this map as well as the theme. Reminds me of DM-Gothic from UT99.

For this map to evolve further I suggest more fancy/realistic materials and maybe some trims.

Based on one of your posted screenshots, I took the liberty of highlighting (red straight lines) the most distinct low poly sharp corners (90 degrees) where I thought it could use some more polys/bevel:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I changed the lighting to more of a Blue effect, so maybe that's why?

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    Really? I've used that one before... Maybe it's your lighting...

Or maybe it's just because a couple days ago I changed my video card settings from best performance to best quality. If so it really makes a big difference on that sky!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the looks of this map as well as the theme. Reminds me of DM-Gothic from UT99.

For this map to evolve further I suggest more fancy/realistic materials and maybe some trims.

Based on one of your posted screenshots, I took the liberty of highlighting (red straight lines) the most distinct low poly sharp corners (90 degrees) where I thought it could use some more polys/bevel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	trims_needed_too_low_poly.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	343966
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lo2dk; 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X