DM-Cheops (Remake)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Cheops (Remake)

Remake of CTF-Cheops, Original: DM-OSR-Cheops (UT2004)
    Original Author: Steve Keene

I quickly cut my CTF-Cheops version and made it suitable for DM or LTS.

MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Cheops-v7
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Cheops-v7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ke65ppvmxze8zx/DM-Cheops-v7-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0", PackageChecksum="a0e0d622b99cade839e0311a23b54407")

Download (v7)

Changelist:

v6:
    - fixxed bugs
    - general movement improvements
    - layout improvements
    - reworked blocking volumes

v5:
    - removed many decals
    - reworked all blocking volumes
    - fixxed BSP bugs blocking jumps
    - escape routes are way easier to use now
    - increased the size of the windows in flagroom making it easier to walk or shoot through
    - lowered brightness

v4:
    - fixed music and some small bugs

v3:
    - lowered lightning
    - changed some meshes

v2:
    - added reflection spheres for items
    - lowered general brightness

v1:
    - removed a lot of unnecessary meshes and decals
    - lowered brightness of the map
    - set item reflection a little bit higher so it doesn't appear too black anymore
    - fixxed and added blocking volumes

Attached Files
    Last edited by Prescovio; 05-31-2016, 10:23 AM.
    DM-Cheops - CTF-Cheops - CTF-Ranel

It looks like you thrown in random meshes in the map. Really

Comment

If i can make a suggestion i think you should use Goobas DM-sand assets that will be in the new build next week.
      What you have now looks way to busy.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

I really love the general layout of cheops, but you should rework this map. It is visually extremely noisy and everthing seems random.

Have to agree that maybe Goobas assets/theme would fit the map better.

Comment

BiGUp for share'n your works with the rest of us Prescovio! Locked & Loaded on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Comment

Layout seems fine, and the decals as others have said is visually distracting. So, as much as it would be a pain, either remove the decals or distribute them better, or even just lower the quantity. Whatever your decision, don't be put off as I feel there is a map buried underneath the decals. The blocking volumes don't appear uniform though, just as an FYI.
            Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Edit - are you using any reflection spheres? There was a distinct lack of reflection from the items/pick-ups & weapons. Or just a lightmass character volume, perhaps? All black brah.
              Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

First of all thanks everyone for the constructive feedback, I really appreciate it I'm not taking it personal, it helps me to improve the map.

Originally posted by viperozza View Post
                It looks like you thrown in random meshes in the map. Really

You're right, I'd not say I put them randomly everywhere. I started at the belt with a lot of ideas and ended up at amp without any ideas I will try to remove many of the random meshes and decals.

Originally posted by Wowbagger View Post
                If i can make a suggestion i think you should use Goobas DM-sand assets that will be in the new build next week.
                What you have now looks way to busy.

True, this would fit the egyptian theme more. Will definitely try this out when I have more time.

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
                I really love the general layout of cheops, but you should rework this map. It is visually extremely noisy and everthing seems random.

Have to agree that maybe Goobas assets/theme would fit the map better.

Thanks, I will try

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                BiGUp for share'n your works with the rest of us Prescovio! Locked & Loaded on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
                Layout seems fine, and the decals as others have said is visually distracting. So, as much as it would be a pain, either remove the decals or distribute them better, or even just lower the quantity. Whatever your decision, don't be put off as I feel there is a map buried underneath the decals. The blocking volumes don't appear uniform though, just as an FYI.

I will try to find the map below that stuff Can you be more specified on that blocking volume issue?

Edit - are you using any reflection spheres? There was a distinct lack of reflection from the items/pick-ups & weapons. Or just a lightmass character volume, perhaps? All black brah.

I am using Post Process Volume and Lightmass Character Volume, but to be honest I have no clue of those things, was wondering why the items looked so black as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
                  I am using Post Process Volume and Lightmass Character Volume, but to be honest I have no clue of those things, was wondering why the items looked so black as well.
                  Reflection spheres?

And the BV's are not equal across all surfaces.
                  Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Reflection spheres?

And the BV's are not equal across all surfaces.
                    I'm not using any reflection spheres because it looks really badly in some areas due to the direction light being reflected really brightly, I lowered the min. roughness of the directional light a little bit so the items don't appear too black anymore.

Updated the the OP (hope it doesn't look too awful anymore )

Comment

Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
                      I'm not using any reflection spheres because it looks really badly in some areas due to the direction light being reflected really brightly, I lowered the min. roughness of the directional light a little bit so the items don't appear too black anymore.

Updated the the OP (hope it doesn't look too awful anymore )
                      You really should use reflectionspheres. Your lighting will never look very good without them... Especially not on metallic surfaces which absolutely require them to light at all.

Comment

Partly added reflection spheres, I think the lighting looks all right now.

Updated with a 4.11 version.

Comment

Looking at the screenshots the map lacks of visual clarity.. Too messy imo! U better change the textures

Comment

Working...
                          X