• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-RelentlessMachine

Hello everyone! This is:

DM-RelentlessMachine

Download links
    Google drive
    (Version: DM-RelentlessMachine-a8 // Released: 11-23-2016 // Compatible with: 0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016)
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )

Introduction/History

This is a remake of Nameless Place map from Quake 3/Live.

It is the second time I release a remake of this map. The first time it was released under the name DM-ShamelessPlace. The old post can be found HERE.

The main reason I decided to start again was my brush work. Due to some inconsiderate decisions further improvements were impossibly tedious.

Naturally, the second reason was my wish to include certain gameplay features and improve the overall aesthetics and appearance, paving the way for easily meshing the map when more official mesh packs become available.

Changelog

(Version: DM-RelentlessMachine-a6 // Released: 3-1-2016 // Compatible with: pre-alpha build posted 2/29/2016)

Spoiler

(Version: DM-RelentlessMachine-a5 // Released: 2-10-2016 // Compatible with: pre-alpha build posted 2/1/2016)

Spoiler

DM-RelentlessMachine-a3 shots

Spoiler

Thanx and enjoy!
    Last edited by darksinn3r; 11-23-2016, 10:57 AM.
    Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
    Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Small visual update!

Decided to replace the lava with goo. I mean come on! Why lava when there is the perfect opportunity to have goo

Also slightly increased lighting quality and accuracy by adding spotlight actors.

!!!Important!!! This version is not released!!! For the moment there are no gameplay changes.

Enjoy the shots!

Comment

BiGUp for share'n your works with the rest of us darksinn3r! Locked & Loaded on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Admins:
      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-RelentlessMachine-a3-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/darksinn3r/DM-RelentlessMachine-a3-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="7D18D8B632FB229E315B7A3A43AB2CE2")
      MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-RelentlessMachine-a3
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks Dutch! I hope everyone enjoys it too!

Comment

Looks cool darksinn3r and thanks for the server lines Dutch.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hi darksinn3r,

played this map several times against bots and I really like it. Lots of the longer floors/hallways are quite tight, but why not. You used a lot of references from other maps and took the good parts int yours, well done!

I also like the locked room with the berserk and took me a few moments to figure out how to open it , but I like the mechanism. If you're alone, you might need to pump a lot of damage against the door, but as the damage counter stays, I assume more players will do the same to get it hehe.

The only thing i did not like right from beginning was that the small lava pool where the 3-way splits is an instant dead area. Fall in and get killed. So good to hear that you replaced it with goo ( fits better the theme of the map ) and hopefully you will consider reducing the damage performed by the pain volume in a way that one has still a chance to get out alive.

another suggestion: what about adding the new bio-launcher weapon to that map?? I could imagine it will really be of cool usage in this kind of map. Give it a try! So far only NATO used it in his newest map, but you can e.g. Test it out with the weapons replacement mutator.

Anyway. Think there might be some smaller adjustments needed in the map, but a great start and really fun to play, keep going!

Comment

Hello Mr Van!
              Thank you for your mini review!

I am leaving below some extended thoughts concerning design decisions and areas that need to be improved through community feedback!

Concerning the tight hallways/ramps: There is some headroom to increase the width in some places (without braking the map or exposing unwanted sight-lines). I need to identify the really tight spots in the map and try to improve them.
              This is a remake of a Quake map. Quake as a game has long and tight areas and huge sight-lines. UT is the opposite!
              It would be really appreciated if you could pinpoint exactly what area feels problematic!

Berserk room: I am glad you like it !
              I definitely wanted to add a damage powerup in the map, for thematic reasons and paying homage to the original.
              The problem with this decision is balance. It is a small map (kinda) meant for 1v1 and traditionally damage powerups are unwonted.
              Initially I was thinking the DM-Solo approach but then I discovered the final solution! The reason behind the high damage intake is 1v1 balance and the addition of strategic decision.
              I definitely want the community's suggestion to balance the damage required to open the door.

Goo: The current, internal and still unreleased version has goo!!! But it is only a vis/thematic update.
              It still is balanced as a killzone but for thematic reasons it does not kill instantly.
              Now, if I do successful changes in the “tight spots” department there is a way to increase their size but also increase the headroom for movement around them. The only requirement is to nail the first issue.

Bio-Launcher: !!!The next version will have it by default!!!
              I originally had it in place and almost shipped the map with it. Didn’t do it because it is kinda unbalanced/unfinished (?)

Comment

New update! Download links and changelog in the OP!

Comment

Niceness darksinn3r! Reloaded & locked onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                  LoPing

Comment

New update! Released: 3-1-2016 // Compatible with: pre-alpha build posted 2/29/2016. Download link and Changelog in the OP!

Comment

Ty darksinn3r! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment. (The servers still isn't listed but this issue will hopefully be resolved soon.)
                      LoPing

Comment

Thank you Dutch!

Comment

Man, nice bsp and lighting!

Comment

Can't download this because Rushbase is down...
                            The new UT is coming along nicely...
                            Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

DM-RelentlessMachine-a8 released at 11-23-2016. Download link in the OP!

Comment

Working...
                              X