DM-Theseus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Theseus

I've always been a fan of the Homeworld series, and the recent prequel inspired me to make this ... thing ...

It's not really a duel map, but it's too small to be a FFA. Don't mind if this doesn't go anywhere, was good to work on something random to help break the bit of a slump I've been in recently.

It also has the Bio Launcher. It works quite well here, you can block off areas and bounce primaries into interesting places, it's also not on many maps right now.

GL HF, tell me what you think.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

===
    Wip 3 Pak
    ===

Server admin info:
    Dir: /Game/Maps/DM-Theseus/DM-Theseus-WIP3
    URL: https://ut.rushbase.net/NATO_chrisjm...wsNoEditor.pak
    Checksum: 921110c4ddd768970aadb663cdc72547
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 03-04-2016, 12:39 PM.

Dang, man. You know how to make a nice, clean map.

I can offer artistic suggestions for developing the look of the map, but my input is useless for gameplay.

Comment

Looks amazing!
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Screenies

Dang Nato,

Looking at the screenshots, what a nice atmosphere! Look like you got inspired by DM-Sand? Layout look cool and brush work, amazing as always

Nice name too
        Stevie's corner
        My UT4 maps
        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

TY again for share'n your works with us NATO_chrisjm! Locked & Loaded on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Love the atmosphere coming from the screens !
            Even if you let this one down, please use it for another map. Looks great

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
              Love the atmosphere coming from the screens !
              Even if you let this one down, please use it for another map. Looks great

May I ask... if you do choose to, say, 'abandon' this map: Would you be happy if an artist takes hold of it and (giving all due credit of course) 'finishes' the map and releases it?

Comment

people seem to be playing it a bit, so I probably won't abandon it. But I may not give it a ton of attention compared to some of my other maps. Salt still needs some work, and after that I hope to get dock and protracted meshed sometime soon!

Comment

Fun map! The gameplay is a bit UT99 inspired which gives a good vibe!
                  Reminds me of Jakku in this early stage!

The lifts bug me a bit.
                  The “center” one is really fine and fun for lift jumping around.
                  The small sudden one is too sudden It needs its speed to lift jump you above but feels inconsistent compared to the other two.
                  The one near the belt does its work perfectly to lift you to the upper floor but dodging to the belt makes you hit your head hard. It is a tight spot with a thin roof, kinda tricky to smooth out.

I would suggest moving the large debris chunk a little further away from the jump pad. It is really tempting to jump there and explore!

Finally there are some small walkable ledges around the tower in the sniper roof. The left one is nice place to hide!
                  Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                  Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

I just played it with TDM 2v2 bots, it has very nice and clean design. I do have some trouble with "reading" the map. In particular, it's not very clear where you can and can't jump of ledges. It would be something for later in the project, but effects like dust falling of the ledges would maybe telegraph the danger better.

Comment

Did a couple of little tweaks;
                      Swapped Bio Rifle ammo for Bio Launcher ammo
                      Made mini lift lower and a little slower
                      Moved debris generally further from play space
                      Removed walkable ledge behind sniper. Not entirely but severely reduced
                      Added a few decals

===
                      Wip 2 Pak
                      ===

Server admin info:
                      Dir: /Game/Maps/DM-Theseus/DM-Theseus-WIP2
                      Checksum: 5265f1b0fe6ce4a707bede3a6ebddd8c

Comment

Ty NATO_chrisjm! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                        LoPing

Comment

Recook

===
                          Wip 3 Pak
                          ===

Server admin info:

Comment

Thanks again NATO_chrisjm! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                            LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                              Recook

===
                              Wip 3 Pak
                              ===

Server admin info:

Hey I actually liked this map. Recook this for us would ya?
                              ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                              CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                              , Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X