No announcement yet.

DM-Conflux (Alpha 04 - April 21st)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Conflux (Alpha 04 - April 21st)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/27s8ixjs2u...ditor.pak?dl=0 (61mb)

This is a medium sized DM level, primarily created for free for all, but should be playable in a duel setting or even a 3v3 team showdown.

I've had the layout hanging around for some time, and after playing around with the new build, I decided to go back to it. Felt it was a good candidate to try my hand at using the Liandri (Outpost 23) art set.

The main goal was to keep the layout simple and straightforward, while allowing some interesting interconnected gameplay spaces. I'm happy with where it's at so I don't foresee many big changes on that front.

Mostly interested in feedback about it's viability in TSD and it's overall item placement at this stage.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Changelist

Code:
    Alpha 02 (14/02/2016)
    • Moved Vest Armour up to the curved walkway in the room above it's previous location.
    • Moved health vials from the curved walkway down to the room below.
    • Adjusted floor geometry to allow better flow around the Bio Rifle area & removed the dodge ramp.
    • Relocated the big jump pad from behind the Bio Rifle to the corridor beside it, allows a more direct air controlled jump to the Vest.
    • Opened up the geometry above and behind the Rocket Launcher jump pad, providing more room for combat.
    • Adjusted and fixed the crouch-slide gap from RL to Bio.
    • Lowered the Flak Cannon pedestal and moved it's ammo up towards the center of the level.
    • Large outer pillars in the Flak room made smaller, and glass windows have been installed.
    • Double health packs in Flak room moved closer together.
    • Collision fixed on battery/canister meshes.
    • New curvy and lower poly wall mesh used throughout.
    • Mesh work continued and BSP replaced in many areas.
    • New colour scheme for trims, floors and various other elements.
    • Many lighting tweaks and fixes (some temporary).
    Alpha 01 (08/02/2016)
    • Central courtyard and Rocket launcher transitional area meshed
    • First pass navmesh
    • First pass item placement
    • First pass collision
    • BSP shell complete
    Last edited by Scinbed; 04-21-2017, 10:17 PM.
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Wow, another Scinbed map! Looks quite far along and visually polished. I'll be trying this out soon.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Really like this one Scinbed,

played a few rounds, has an overall really good flow, many ways to quickly change direction ...

Two things which i came out from playtesting so far:
      - there is this kinds of window withr the small slope down to the green room with chest armour: it large enough thy one can crawl in thinging you can get down to the chest room, but in the last part you get stuck, as it seems to be too small or something hindery you to get down. So either make it right form the begin smaller in size so that one can't crouch in if your intention is not to provide another way down there, or check why the player gets stuck.

- the amount of healthpacks seems to be a bit limited. Maybe one more would be nice. I remember often just pivking up vials in my way, but thre is just one or two packs i nthe flack room and somewhere else i think.

Besided this, really fun! Not sure is i like the current yellowish color in the flak room, maybe something violet, light green/turquise would fit better there

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
        Really like this one Scinbed,

played a few rounds, has an overall really good flow, many ways to quickly change direction ...

Two things which i came out from playtesting so far:
        - there is this kinds of window withr the small slope down to the green room with chest armour: it large enough thy one can crawl in thinging you can get down to the chest room, but in the last part you get stuck, as it seems to be too small or something hindery you to get down. So either make it right form the begin smaller in size so that one can't crouch in if your intention is not to provide another way down there, or check why the player gets stuck.

- the amount of healthpacks seems to be a bit limited. Maybe one more would be nice. I remember often just pivking up vials in my way, but thre is just one or two packs i nthe flack room and somewhere else i think.

Besided this, really fun! Not sure is i like the current yellowish color in the flak room, maybe something violet, light green/turquise would fit better there
        Cheers man!

Can definitely sort out the slope down to chest armour. It's meant to be a crouch-slide but it's tricky to pull off, I agree.

There are 6 health packs and I think 12 vials. Would like others feedback before adding more...

Lighting is kinda placeholder in the flak and bio areas (most other lighting of course still WIP). I just coloured those parts similarly to the weapons for now.
        DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Originally posted by Scinbed View Post
          Can definitely sort out the slope down to chest armour. It's meant to be a crouch-slide but it's tricky to pull off, I agree.
          Yeah I had this problem too. You can crouch slide through it easily, but if you mis-time it and stop sliding halfway through or just crawl in, you get stuck.

I love the center arena, especially walking down the ramp to the minigun. The scale here is perfect. On the other hand I thought the rooms with the flak and bio were way too constricting. In the flak room, removing the pedestal the flak is on (just making it flush with the floor leading to it) may help. It might just be me, see if anyone else feels the same way.

Just a suggestion, could you move the vest straight up to the floor above where it is now, on that little ledge? It would be visible from the center area, and there would be a couple ways to access it including a hammer jump from below. Just an idea.
          DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
            Yeah I had this problem too. You can crouch slide through it easily, but if you mis-time it and stop sliding halfway through or just crawl in, you get stuck.

I love the center arena, especially walking down the ramp to the minigun. The scale here is perfect. On the other hand I thought the rooms with the flak and bio were way too constricting. In the flak room, removing the pedestal the flak is on (just making it flush with the floor leading to it) may help. It might just be me, see if anyone else feels the same way.

Just a suggestion, could you move the vest straight up to the floor above where it is now, on that little ledge? It would be visible from the center area, and there would be a couple ways to access it including a hammer jump from below. Just an idea.
            The ledge directly above the dodge ramp there, at the end of the curved walkway with vials? I can try that for sure. Bit worried that it would take away some reason to go down to the lower level but I can try it.

I will have a play with the flak area too, it gets a bit tight around the outer edge with the large pillars. I wanted to do something unique with the art in there, some windows out into the skybox beyond or something, to open it up a little.

Comment

TY for share'n your hard works with the rest of us Scinbed! Locked & Loaded onto the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Admins:
              RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Conflux_a01-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Conflux/DM-Conflux_a01-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="E2598E88B95B048D31FB3162B1AF146A")
              MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Conflux_a01
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                TY for share'n your hard works with the rest of us Scinbed! Locked & Loaded onto the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Admins:
                RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Conflux_a01-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Conflux/DM-Conflux_a01-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="E2598E88B95B048D31FB3162B1AF146A")
                MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Conflux_a01
                Cheers bud!

Hope folks have some fun with it!

Been messing with trim materials to try and get moar colour into the level. May be a little extreme but I'm digging it. Thoughts? I also adjusted a couple of spots around the RL/Slide/Vest area. Hard to get shots without some geo blocking but it's feeling better. Will probably have a new build up on the weekend.

(preview lighting quality)
                [screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/0E9zZ9L.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Looks good Scinbed! Orange is the new black, like it

Comment

Very nice choice! Makes the map look beautiful and appealing!
                    At the moment we are restricted from using colours near the range of red and blue.
                    I hope this changes somehow!
                    Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                    Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Are we? instead of the orange, i could imagine that e.g mint, cyan, magenta would all fit here, brown, whatever ..

Comment

I went with orange here because it matches the design of most of the Liandri signage and decals, I did try a bunch of others (it's super easy to change!) but wasn't really happy with the results.

Red or Blue being too close to the team skin colours perhaps? I don't see that as a huge issue. Players are fairly visible either way right now, the skins have more high frequency detail than most of the environment materials, so they stand out.

Comment

Dark red or dark green would look good IMO. Isn't it possible to change the colors on Liandri decals aswell ?
                          I would also set a darker ground to have some contrast between walls and floors.

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
                            Dark red or dark green would look good IMO. Isn't it possible to change the colors on Liandri decals aswell ?
                            I would also set a darker ground to have some contrast between walls and floors.
                            Possibly.. will do some more work on it tonight and maybe throw some more shots up for people to critique.

Comment

I think the orange looks great, personally. Maybe it's a tad overdone in the screenshot but the color itself looks great.
                              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
                              X