CTF-Veiled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Veiled

This is a remake of the UT2004 map created by Radeon_285 for BeyondUnreal Bonuspack. This is medium-small sized CTF map for 6-10 people. Honestly even 10 may feel a bit crowded, but I wanted to make it a small fast-paced map. It's not 1:1 remake — I reproduced the overall layout but the scale is purely based on what feels right. Weapon spawns are also loosely based on the original map.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

For those who never played Veiled, it's a fully symmetrical layout with 3.5 base exits:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

- Main "highway" that goes straight and down to the central room with the downside that it's gonna be crowded and very likely heavily spammed. Originally there was a gate at the entrance to each base that obstructed clear LOS between the bases and slowed down the movement somewhat; I haven't added it yet - I want to see how it plays out with them.
    - symmetrical side exits, both are much more tighter corridors than the main exit, although I'd say not as tight as they were in the original map, both are not linear, so you can break LOS there. These corridors are connected with each other about halfway with another straight corridor.
    - fourth exit is at the top and starts from this connecting corrdior. Here's one big change from the original - there you were supposed to jump across on several small ledges, but I've added surfaces for wall-running and left only the middle platform with the shieldbelt. If this path proves to be too easy I have means of making the wall-run more difficult.

Download the v160210 here: https://ut.rushbase.net/_Lynx/CTF-Ve...owsNoEditor.7z

The middle area:

Top path with wall-run areas:

The current problem with the map is bot support - they barely use the side exits, same problem the original map had during the development. I'm going to look into how to fix that for the next revision.

Unfortunately I'm not a 3D modeller, so I doubt I will make any significant changes until there's an industrial mesh set out there (Castle set is more likely to work here than Outpost for how I see the map) that I can try to use on this map.

If someone wants to add the map to the server here are the necessary lines:

MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Veiled.umap
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Veiled-160210-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/_Lynx/CTF-Veiled-160210-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="a172576a91888b8769442007838f6dc5")

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	361496 Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	361497 Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	361498 Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00006.jpg
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	361499 Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00007.jpg
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	361500
    Last edited by [EPIC] Lynx-S; 02-10-2016, 09:49 AM.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard
Working...
X