CTF-November 4th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-November 4th

"This underground bunker contains the remnants of the first Russian nuclear submarine, a relic from a time before the territories were unified under the NEG. Code named "November", this has been the fourth one uncovered by archaeologists after they were lost under the rubble of the Great War, and has received the fitting arena name "November 4th" after Liandri bought it for the tournament."

First off, yes this is based on the popular CTF-November from UT99, but no it is not an exact copy.
    This is my take on how I feel it should be for this game. I have worked on balancing the map, adding and removing areas and completely changing almost all item/weapon placements. I would LOVE some feedback on this, I'm aiming to make this as fun and balanced to play as possible and I can't iron out all the kinks alone <3

Server Info:
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-4NovemberV9
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-4NovemberV9-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Prescovio/Not%20complete/CTF-4NovemberV9-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="89ea46eb01735d98dc178adc4a86ff8c")

CTF - November 4th

Screenshots:

Spoiler

UPDATES:

• Reworked the scaling of the hallway in the Blue base to balance bases
    • Reworked Red base a lot to make it more fair to attack/defend
    • Moved the red flag out of the Spam Tunnel
    • Added a lot more viable flag routes
    • Addressed item placements a lot more, especially weapons
    • Minor geometry fixes such as platform and door width/height

Changes from original:
    • Removed the staircase from the blue base and reworked the entrances/exits
    • Added a new entrance to the blue base by the bunker on the side to give both halves of the map decent play
    • Added entire new section to the red base as well as 3 new ways to access the flag to combat the "spam tunnel"
    • One way is slow but completely hidden from the defenders
    • Added more ramps to the midfield by the sub to encourage more dynamic play and to access the new flag routes
    • Completely changed item placements and weapon placements
    • Added two teleporter in red base for dupes etc.
    • Lots more! (except the spawns, for now)

Eventually I would like to see this played or at least tested at PUG level so any criticism would be welcomed, even if it's bad! (gotta improve somehow) If you do decide to try it out please take a while to try out the different routes and scenarios and let me know what works, what doesn't etc. <3

Pak File: https://ut.rushbase.net/Prescovio/Not%20complete/CTF-4NovemberV9-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Older Versions

To Do:
    • Rework spawns
    • Replace all the pillars with meshes (you can probably see the single one I've already replaced as a test :P)
    • Improve on the lighting, so far it's very quick and dirty just to make it playable
    • Improve ammo placements around the map

GET PLAYING!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GGaben; 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM. Reason: Updated OP!
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

looking good! i think need more balance on bases.
    the time to the middle realy different.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakynthos View Post
      looking good! i think need more balance on bases.
      the time to the middle realy different.
      Thanks for the feedback, currently working on balancing the routes between bases for a much more balanced experience so hopefully you'll see that in V2!
      <3
      "No, why."

Comment

Updated pak file with new version if anyones reading this <3
        "No, why."

Comment

Of course we are
          Keep up the good work man

This might be a bit of a useless comment since I'm not going to DL any maps until they fix up a few things on Linux ^^
          But I guess its nice to know that there are at least other people who see what you do

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
            Of course we are
            Keep up the good work man

This might be a bit of a useless comment since I'm not going to DL any maps until they fix up a few things on Linux ^^
            But I guess its nice to know that there are at least other people who see what you do
            Haha thanks, hopefully I'll get at least one or 2 downloads on this new version xD
            "No, why."

Comment

I am under the impression that people at the moment don't really “test” ctf maps.
              Unless someone has access to server infrastructures, to load the map in the rotation, is kinda hard to appreciate ctf by only playing against bots!
              Bots have progressed a lot but for the moment are not capable on fully utilizing and adapting to map mechanics.
              CTF-November has already many released versions! Try to differentiate by adapting the map to the current moment/gameplay and by “modernizing” certain old design decisions.
              I gravitate towards smaller fast paced maps. If I was going to remake the map I would keep the centerpiece and come up with new layouts for everything else!
              But keep up practicing and making whatever You like! That is what matters!
              Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
              Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Added new .pak file for the latest version, I've changed quite a loot since the last update! <3
                "No, why."

Comment

Update: FINALLY got the server info for this map! (Let's hope its correct, it should be!)

pssstt... I wouldn't mind if someone would like to try this out on a server....
                  "No, why."

Comment

Working...
                  X