Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Heresiarch View Post
    For CTF - I've moved the the flag points to the 50a platform, and put sniper back to it's DM position.
    Still loving the map, but would like to offer my vote to return flag to it's original position.

Currently I just find it uncomfortable to play defense in the flag area, as there are long sight lines that allow for sniper and shock anyone standing there. I would not vote to change those sight lines however, I like how it is laid out. I just enjoyed it more when the flag was in back. I have no doubt that putting it in back makes defense stronger, and I'm good with that.

Just one man's opinion.

Disclaimer for truthyness though, I've played this almost exclusively with bots so far, though I hope to change that here very shortly as I have just had a few folks join up to my server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you kind sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm pretty much just playing HT right now. Make sure not to go anywhere where you could get hit by a bus or otherwise injured in any way that would prevent you from recooking your maps after each build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BiGUp for the recooks Heresiarch! All reloaded onto the LoPing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, thanks for the comments.

Both maps are alive. See OP.

No changes to the DM layout.

For CTF - I've moved the the flag points to the 50a platform, and put sniper back to it's DM position.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey!

I'm a little late to the party in discovering this one, but I want to say I love it. The size, layout, and theme make it great for the type of CTF I often enjoy. Should rock pretty hard with grapples and turrets and swords! (I'd put a metal-thrashing smiley here if'n I could)

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for sharing, and that I hope you keep this one alive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Currently experimenting with a CTF layout. Screenshots attached.

Download and server info in the OP.

Note - since the original materials used in the DM map aren't working in the editor at the moment I redid it with the basic castle set. I also copied out an environment lighting, fog and post process set up from a demo map to experiment. I haven't changed any of the settings so I think the post process pass might be a bit funky. Regardless, should be playable for the time being.

Weapon and playerstart layout remains mostly the same. Sniper now sits on a new catwalk. The minigun and rockets have been switched positions. Belt has been moved to the new mid section. 100a has moved the existing belt positions and 50a has been moved to 100a positons.

No art pass for the DM map yet. I wont be concentrating on art passes for any of my maps till the end of the year.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heresiarch hav you a new Version from the Map?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BigUp for the update Heresiarch! Reloaded onto the LoPing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers Seeboo.

I've updated the OP with the latest version of the map / server info. Minor graphical tweaks and cleaned up some of the routing/shortcuts around the map.

Maybe some of the movement tweaks you envisioned made it in Seeboo.

HF finding the the trick jumps and shortcuts. Some are obvious. Some are a little obscure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is by far the best custom map ive played in the last year

i REALLY like the layout and its perfect for TDM (2on2 / even 4vs4 was fun)

i found a few things wich could improve some movement related things

but overall i like the map so far - item placement seems pretty good aswell

great work really !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Link to Dropbox added. Sorry - haven't got a place to redirect from.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fitskerc76...ditor.pak?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ty Heresiarch! Reloaded onto the LoPing.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-15-2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: Redirects sorted

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suppose I could give a matinee a try. Though, I'd rather upload replays of people playing it

No updates to show regarding meshing.

Updated for current engine build.

https://ut.rushbase.net/Heresiarch/D...wsNoEditor.pak

MapRotation=/Game/Maps/H06/DM-H06-Beta004
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-H06-Beta004-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Heresiarch/DM-H06-Beta004-WindowsNoEditor.pak",
    PackageChecksum="ed3458cf697f96216f092d18d7eb24e4")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since you are early in the dev of this map, I'd advise you to create a matinee for your flyby. This allows you to record always the same path, and showcase your progress by making side by side videos comparion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X