Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Asunder

DM-Asunder

Duel / Death match map for 2 to 4 people.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqq0v887f7...ditor.pak?dl=1

/Game/Maps/H05/

37c2355ef03b0bcf50cc9fe4c8e2c2c0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Heresiarch; 03-30-2017, 02:53 PM.

A handful of us played H04 and H05 yesterday on the Unreal Prime Mega Hub in Chicago. They were really fun, I actually felt like I was playing on quality maps. Layout was good, and I can see them being good TDM maps in the future.

We all kinda agreed that the maps somehow felt small though. We think its because the little trims and steps and stuff looked so small (especially on h04). It's not a huge problem, but it's something to think about that. Other than that, we only played on them a couple of times, but I could never really tell where I was because theres no distinguishing features in any part of the map. I know its just a BSP shell, but even the rooms themselves didn't feel that unique from each other. I think its because everything was so dense, we felt like running through a concrete jungle.

A possible solution to both of these critiques would maybe to scale the map up some percentage. Normally I'm in favor of having things a smaller scale because it makes me feel like I'm an actual character running around in an actual place, as opposed to some abstract "video game location". But I think having larger platforms and longer lines for my eyes to follow would help distinguish areas of the map more.

Those are just my initial thoughts. Like I said though, theyre definitely some of the best quality maps I've played in UT4, and hopefully when theyre tuned just right, we can have them replace maps like nicktest or whatever in public servers!!
    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
    Frag video featuring Rookie
    Frag video featuring Phantaci
    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments and sorry for the late reply.

I haven't forgotten about this particular map yet. It's dropped in the priority list however.

https://ut.rushbase.net/Heresiarch/D...wsNoEditor.pak

MapRotation=/Game/Maps/H05/DM-H05-Beta002
      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-H05-Beta002-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Heresiarch/DM-H05-Beta002-WindowsNoEditor.pak",
      PackageChecksum="79ef9a2b462da47b705209cb801e15be")
      Last edited by Heresiarch; 05-17-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Link to Dropbox added. Sorry - haven't got a place to redirect from.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4i37qc3b0...ditor.pak?dl=0

Comment

yet again another great map

it seems you played some team related gametypes before

i really like the layout and that is has a above medium map size (we lack of bigger maps - specially for tdm)

i really enjoyed playing on the map on the mpforum servers both dm and tdm where funny

i can see this map will/could be played for 2on2 up to 4on4 tdm aswell for dm of course

great job + i really like your maps so far ( i think you do the best maps currently in the community - layout wise)

keep up the good work !
          HEY KIDS LETS MEET AT THE FLAK SPAWN FOR A ****** PARTY !

Comment

Played during the mapper event yep a great layout sabotaged by a chaotic playerspawns placement, I even spawned in front of a lift, really hope you will fix this
            CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
            Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Updated.. New theme, new shieldbelt area, item and spawn location adjustments.

Comment

Working...
              X