Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Dm-qwerty

DM-QWERTY-V07

I was going to throw this map in the trash, but decided to post it and see if you guys think.
    Lots of feedback welcome.

It seems to play pretty well and it's a lot of fun.

~

Attached Files
    Last edited by effects69; 11-28-2016, 03:16 AM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Just tried it out in 4v4 TDM with bots.

I think it has potential, but will need some fixes. There are a couple of elements that felt out of place, or not using it's potential.

For example the corridor with the link gun. The diagonal bar at eyeheight feels off. Maybe if you extend it to the top and extend it a litlle bit lower as well, you'll get a interesting mechanic. When you walk there, you can't see the full room, but you will be vurnable to enemy fire. It could work if you put a higher level item there.

Also the crossing jumppads are out of place. They seem to have no function other than traveling a short distance faster. If the distance is longer, you could deviate from the path to another destination. Bonus points when you can do this with a wall jump.

A question, how do you reach the Redemeer and UDamage. Both seem unreachable, other than rocket/hammerjumps.

And last, as you also mentioned, there are some really long corridors that could use some work.

Comment

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Both Udamageand redemer are reachable without rocked or hammer jumps. You lift jump to the DD and you can wall dodge and jump too the redeemer if you land it right on the ledge of the box below. I don't wanna make then to easy to get + I just added a berzerk to a new hide hole I just made.

I will try the fixes you mentioned, I just uploaded a V02 as I thought of a few ideas and quickly added them.

Thanks again!

V02 https://ut.rushbase.net/effects69/DM...wsNoEditor.pak

Originally posted by Basalt View Post
      Just tried it out in 4v4 TDM with bots.

I think it has potential, but will need some fixes. There are a couple of elements that felt out of place, or not using it's potential.

For example the corridor with the link gun. The diagonal bar at eyeheight feels off. Maybe if you extend it to the top and extend it a litlle bit lower as well, you'll get a interesting mechanic. When you walk there, you can't see the full room, but you will be vurnable to enemy fire. It could work if you put a higher level item there.

Also the crossing jumppads are out of place. They seem to have no function other than traveling a short distance faster. If the distance is longer, you could deviate from the path to another destination. Bonus points when you can do this with a wall jump.

A question, how do you reach the Redemeer and UDamage. Both seem unreachable, other than rocket/hammerjumps.

And last, as you also mentioned, there are some really long corridors that could use some work.
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

My Thanks to you effects69! Locked & Loaded onto the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Cheers DS!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
          My Thanks to you effects69! Locked & Loaded onto the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Version 03 is up testing

DOWNLOAD HERE
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

After testing online I found a misplaced spawn point.. DOWNLOAD VERSION 04 HERE
              Last edited by effects69; 02-18-2016, 03:17 AM.
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Niceness effects69! v4 Reloaded & Locked onto the LoPing Arena. (Just waiting on the re-allocation of the server)
                LoPing

Comment

Niceness effects69! v4 Reloaded & Locked onto the LoPing Arena. (Just waiting on the re-allocation of the server)

Thanks man!
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

V05 is ready for download. https://ut.rushbase.net/effects69/DM...wsNoEditor.pak
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Ty effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment! @7megs..BigUp! There's still the issue of listedness, meanwhile Live & Direct still works
                      LoPing

Comment

Thx man!

What do you mean by listedness?

Ty effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment! @7megs..BigUp! There's still the issue of listedness, meanwhile Live & Direct still works
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Listedness meaning it's not visible for the server list. A term that crossed my mind regarding data sheets is all
                          LoPing

Comment

I see. Anything I can do on my end when building the map that would help?

Listedness meaning it's not visible for the server list. A term that crossed my mind regarding data sheets is all
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

FX, are you back in action? I thought you were having puter problems. Been dying to get Radioactive and Ethos back up also.
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                              X