Ctf-moba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Ctf-moba

Saw a post about Paragon and thought that having a MOBA style CTF map would be pretty AWESOME.

So it'll look like this:

Always wanted to play a MOBA in FPS

Actually, the more that I look at it, it reminds me of WAR-Torlan.

Had to fire up UT3 to have a look before hitting submit on this thread
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Yep WAR-Torlan / ONS-Torlan:

Comment

Rotate anti-clockwise 90 deg for comparision

Comment

Warcraft 3 mod DOTA, LOL and DOTA2 map is derived from Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004) map ONS-Torlan?? OR the other way around?

This is an overlay showcasing it.....hmm
        Last edited by richardboegli; 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM. Reason: Added DOTA and revised image

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post

Warcraft 3 mod DOTA, LOL and DOTA2 map is derived from Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004) map ONS-Torlan?? OR the other way around?

This is an overlay showcasing it.....hmm
          None of the two ? I mean they're two totally different game modes (and even game) so they haven't copied anything beetwen them.
          But if you want some dates, Warcraft 3 was released in 2002, and UT2004... should I seriously tell you ?
          The development of the DOTA mod started on 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
            None of the two ? I mean they're two totally different game modes (and even game) so they haven't copied anything beetwen them.
            But if you want some dates, Warcraft 3 was released in 2002, and UT2004... should I seriously tell you ?
            The development of the DOTA mod started on 2003.
            hehe I'm not sure when the demo of UT2004 actually came out. But I know Warcraft 3 mod DOTA was 2003.

I just find it interesting how they are so similar.

Did Warcraft 3 already have this map? I never played Warcraft3 or DOTA.

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
              hehe I'm not sure when the demo of UT2004 actually came out. But I know Warcraft 3 mod DOTA was 2003.

I just find it interesting how they are so similar.

Did Warcraft 3 already have this map? I never played Warcraft3 or DOTA.
              First demo for UT2k4 was February 11, 2004.

Even if you can find some... similarities (I don't really see as much as you, but whatever), I think there is almost no connection beetwen the two games, simply because they were developped on two totally different sectors.

And I can't tell with certainty that Warcraft 3 already had a stock map looking like this, or even if there was an earlier mode that was created with the same map idea. It's so far and the modding community was huge.
              I even think there was of a mode similar to DOTA during the first starcraft, but I can't confirm this in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                First demo for UT2k4 was February 11, 2004.

Even if you can find some... similarities (I don't really see as much as you, but whatever), I think there is almost no connection beetwen the two games, simply because they were developped on two totally different sectors.

And I can't tell with certainty that Warcraft 3 already had a stock map looking like this, or even if there was an earlier mode that was created with the same map idea. It's so far and the modding community was huge.
                I even think there was of a mode similar to DOTA during the first starcraft, but I can't confirm this in any way.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                X