X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Exo (Mapcore) Updated - 11/17/16

Repak for the latest build:
    Download: DM-Exo_D2 [80MB]

5th place, thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate it!!!!!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Exo_D2
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Exo_D2-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/users/tidu17947/DM-Exo_D2-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="a2c2e7d2e6dd1e2dbdfc327bb29c87b8")
    Release D
    Meshed for MapCore Team Showndown contest

Release C
    Updated for the latest build. Download link is below, hosted on dropbox for the time being. We're being told the maps will be hosted on an official hub soon if you want to grab it from there. Thanks!

Release B
    This will be the build for Phase I of the contest. Unfortunately the next UT4 build will use the engine 4.12 and render this unplayable so C will come shortly after. Overall not much in this update, mostly changes to some playerstarts and pickups after feedback. A list of changes:
    • In a deathmatch game on this map, the trap works in reverse. The door is open by default but is closed when a player steps on the button, ideally trapping an enemy inside (think DM-Pressure)
    • A second minigun was added
    • Two sets of 3 vials were added around the map
    • Some decoration (wind turbines, background landscape)
    • Some small lighting improvements for visibility
    • Refined the trap blueprint, added some extra effects

The Button
    Sid encouraged us to experiment so I put a minor bit of interactivity into the map. There is a small chamber in the center of the map with two entrances. The chamber has a keg and some ammo inside. The doors are normally closed but can be opened when a player stands on a nearby big purple button. They have to remain on the button or else the doors close and any players in the chamber begin taking damage. The player on the button can move a couple steps in any direction while still activating the button, but is still at risk. If they are forced off the button, the chamber deals 50 dmg per second so at most a player in the chamber has 6 seconds (299HP/50) for a teammate to jump back on the button and let them out. There are obvious visual and audio cues when the doors are opened and closed.

The idea is to encourage some teamwork as this is aimed at 3v3 Showdown matches. It also adds a secondary objective since the first phase of a showdown match is to choose your spawn and grab as much as you can. Two teammates can then regroup and try to grab this keg from the chamber.

Let me know what you think about the layout, or if you find any bugs with the chamber! Enjoy

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by tidu; 11-17-2016, 11:32 PM. Reason: Version D2
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Nice one man, I'm sure this is going to be getting some serious play time. The big purple button idea really reminds me of my days back in UT on DM-Pressure against bots. Does this have bot support yet I wonder?

Comment

Good job man, and best of luck!
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by Quadj130 View Post
        Nice one man, I'm sure this is going to be getting some serious play time. The big purple button idea really reminds me of my days back in UT on DM-Pressure against bots. Does this have bot support yet I wonder?
        Originally posted by effects69 View Post
        Good job man, and best of luck!
        Thanks guys The chamber is like an inverted version of the one in DM-Pressure, yes. Instead of trapping an enemy you're helping a teammate. Maybe in a FFA deathmatch a blueprint could change it so it works like the one in Pressure.

There is general navigation support for bots but they do not consider the button, nor do they run into the chamber when the door is open. I would have to look into whether or not that is possible to implement through blueprints.
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

I had a run around the map, the layout seems solid and I love how fluid the movement is using the ramps. The overcharge spawns also seem interesting which is good. I also like the inclusion of the keg doors which turn what could be an over saturating pickup into a really interesting and unique feature.

My only real issue is the player spawns. I would suggest these changes (red x for remove, blue arrow for new spawn):

They're pretty rough estimates but I noticed a couple of useless spawns and some places where a couple of extra spawns which contest a pickup could be interesting.
          :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
            My only real issue is the player spawns. They're pretty rough estimates but I noticed a couple of useless spawns and some places where a couple of extra spawns which contest a pickup could be interesting.
            Thanks for the comments Flikswich! I'd be lying if I said I didn't reference Erase a couple times when creating the layout. I did have some trouble with the player starts. Most of them were strategically placed with respect to the belt, it should take the player 5-6 seconds to reach the belt if they make a beeline for it. The useless one near the helmet has no easy weapon access but is 3-4s away from the belt. I suppose armor with no weapon to defend yourself isn't very smart. But would it make sense as more of a denial strategy?

I also painted myself into a corner with the vest and shock rifle. I like the placement of both of them in a DM but in Showdown any nearby spawns basically guarantee a player grabbing both. I'll tweak the spawns bit and consider your suggestions. Thanks again!
            DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Personally I don't think you should worry too much about overpowered spawns. The best ones will be the most chosen which makes individual players a bit more predictable and opens up opportunities to create set strategies around the common paths. Obviously testing will be the best place to critique spawns however :]
              :|

Comment

Ty tidu! Loaded onto the <elusive> LoPing for your enjoyment.

So after a nice bash on it, I'd say it's a nicely flowing map indeed and the only other thing I think is missing would be a few more life vials around the other rim of the map. Enjoyable keg of life box.
                GL with this one!
                Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-23-2016, 10:28 AM.
                LoPing
                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
                  Personally I don't think you should worry too much about overpowered spawns. The best ones will be the most chosen which makes individual players a bit more predictable and opens up opportunities to create set strategies around the common paths. Obviously testing will be the best place to critique spawns however :]
                  Thanks, this is true. Being unfamiliar with the map and good spawns will be a disadvantage but that's true for all maps. As long as one spawn isn't so completely overpowered that it's no fun. Thanks!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                  So after a nice bash on it, I'd say it's a nicely flowing map indeed and the only other thing I think is missing would be a few more life vials around the other rim of the map. Enjoyable keg of life box.
                  GL with this one!
                  Thanks dutch, I hope you're able to get the server back on the list soon! I'll consider placing a couple more vials too.
                  DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

I uploaded version B, details in the original post. Some pickup tweaks, plus the trap now works in reverse in a FFA match. Thanks!
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Much obliged tidu! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                      LoPing

Comment

Version C when?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                          Version C when?
                          Hey Chris, I just updated the first post with the latest version. Thanks for the interest
                          DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Ty tidu! Reloaded onto the LoPing.

Admins:
                            RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Exo_C-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="http",PackageURL="nl1.gamingredirect.com/6532597845/LoPingArena/tidu/DM-Exo_C-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="9231CE69C662762647E049644307D16D")
                            MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Exo_C
                            LoPing

Comment

Thanks for the mirror, dutch!
                              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
                              X