DM-Alpine (Mapcore contest) *Phase 2*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Alpine (Mapcore contest) *Phase 2*

DM-Alpine is a map designed specifically to not feature armor along with a 6 player maximum, for now. Accompanying these features is the snow castle theme with night time lighting.

DM-Alpine

Changelog 6-30-16 Mapcore Finish
    Entire Map: Completely Meshed, Ammo may have been moved slightly compared to shell version
    Shock Rifle Room: Removed the one spawn, added one spawn to each corner (total of 2 spawns)
    Sniper Room: Added a Overcharge pick up location toward the back of the room, in front of the lift
    Designer Notes: I had fun meshing the map and even thought its not quite where I want it to be, I'm happy with what I have. Hopefully everyone likes the small changes I've made since I wasn't able to test out said changes since my shell version broke. I do plan on fixing some mistakes left on the map along with overall optimization but I feel so rushed this past week and a half that I need to take a break. I want to thank everyone who has played the map so far and given all this great feedback. I also want to thank my friend Jake for allowing me to bounce ideas off him till I got something I was happy with, most of the things you see in the map probably wouldn't be there without him.

Shell Version Changelog

Spoiler

Currently Known issues // To-do's
    Post Processing issues with the bridge trim and backsides of roofs
    Overall Optimization (Weird stuttering going on)

Server Admin:
    Dir: /Game/DM-Alpine/DM-Alpine
    URL: https://redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/us...wsNoEditor.pak
    checksum: 088c8c623988a2f092b08936c2d06a53

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RescueTeamYoshi; 06-30-2016, 10:54 PM. Reason: redirect links
    CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Ty RescueTeamYoshi! Loaded onto the <elusive>LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

So after a few bash's on it, Nice Map! I did notice some things;
    • The ammo count around the weapon spawn points is abit heavy which makes the weapon spawn points serious camp spots.
    • No sniper rifle?
    • Don't forget to put a ceiling block on the map.

Thanks again for sharing! GoodLuck with this one!
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-23-2016, 04:53 PM.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
      Ty RescueTeamYoshi! Loaded onto the <elusive>LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.

Admins:
      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Alpine-V1-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Brando/Maps/DM-Alpine/DM-Alpine-V1-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="73183B627D80684F11A5C8B163D0E6E8")
      MapRotation=/Game/DM-Alpine/DM-Alpine-V1

So after a few bash's on it, Nice Map! I did notice some things;
      • The ammo count around the weapon spawn points is abit heavy which makes the weapon spawn points serious camp spots.
      • No sniper rifle?
      • Don't forget to put a ceiling block on the map.

Thanks again for sharing! GoodLuck with this one!
      I thought about adding a sniper rifle but then decided against it but if people want it I can remove one of the weapons and put it in. I have a blocking volume acting as a ceiling for the entire map so unless that's not what you're talking about then I'm good on that part. I'll also alter the ammo count, thanks for the feedback!
      Last edited by RescueTeamYoshi; 04-23-2016, 02:53 PM.
      CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

V2 is out now! who needs bio when you have a sniper.
        CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

Niceness, v2 Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Just noted some blocking issues along the bottom edges on the stairs down to the ground level from the RL spawn point. When you come back up, it sticks unless you go through the middle.
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-23-2016, 05:31 PM. Reason: Tested
          LoPing

Comment

Niceness, v2 Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Just noted some blocking issues along the bottom edges on the stairs down to the ground level from the RL spawn point. When you come back up, it sticks unless you go through the middle.
            alright, I'll get right on it. Can probably expect V2a tomorrow!
            Last edited by RescueTeamYoshi; 04-23-2016, 10:01 PM.
            CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

annnnd V2a is out. Now with less buggy stairs... I hope.
              CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

Ty RescueTeamYoshi! v2a Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Sorry to report the issue isn't resolved yet;

The first step leading to the RL from here still sticks. It's a low blocking volume that you can jump over but not walk,slide over from straight on.

Thanks for the quick update! Keep it Up!
                Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM. Reason: Tested
                LoPing

Comment

Ty RescueTeamYoshi! v2a Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Sorry to report the issue isn't resolved yet;

The first step leading to the RL from here still sticks. It's a low blocking volume that you can jump over but not walk,slide over from straight on.

Thanks for the quick update! Keep it Up!
                  well that's upsetting. I'll try to see what I can do. Update will be up by the end of the day at most.
                  CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

V2b is out, maybe its fixed now? Also is it a conspiracy that I can't manage to recreate issues in the editor but most of the time I can in game?
                    CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

Hehe, nothing more than pre alpha issues from what I see.
                      Regarding the map, I noticed some more points:
                      1. Missing amour? (helmet,belt,chest,leg-unless intentional).
                      2. Some health kegs spread around (maybe on the rocks on the back) wouldn't hurt either.

These are just some pointers that came up with other players who enjoyed it, just our 2¢'s worth.
                      LoPing

Comment

Hehe, nothing more than pre alpha issues from what I see.
                        Regarding the map, I noticed some more points:
                        1. Missing amour? (helmet,belt,chest,leg-unless intentional).
                        2. Some health kegs spread around (maybe on the rocks on the back) wouldn't hurt either.

These are just some pointers that came up with other players who enjoyed it, just our 2¢'s worth.
                        Thanks for the feedback. I didn't design the map to involve armor, but health kegs is something I can add. I'll definitely look into it for the next version. Also glad you guys like the map
                        CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

V3 is out! Ask and you shall receive, FREE HEALTH KEGS FOR ALL!
                          CTF-Sinkhole | DM-Alpine

Comment

Highly appreciated! Reloaded & locked!
                            LoPing

Comment

Just a suggestion! ...make your releases farther apart say like weekly and not daily as this is a pain for server owner/operators! .... only if it's "game braking" re release right away a "fixd" version! .... just saying! ; )

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
                              X