DM/TSD-Formidable (mapcore candidate)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    ... you are aware you just released and updated version of v3 that is already out there!? : (
    Well, there are nomenclature issues with the engine right now, so if it has the same name, not really that concerned, just was/is more of an FYI post for the community who gave feedback initially. It does run on servers though just fine.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Rushbase is down. Can you please provide another download link?
      The new UT is coming along nicely...
      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
        Rushbase is down. Can you please provide another download link?
        No.

The copy I have got right now is not in a playable state and is in heavy development for meshing ét all, so cannot give you a version for testing right now.

I can give you a screenshot of the 'nearly' final lighting I have settled on using some new techniques, as per the discussion(s) I've had on these areas:

NOTE: the screenshot is much lighter than the actual render build, and defaults this way as part of the process. The color-correction is using a 10-bit IPS panel set to Adobe RGB @ 50% contrast and brightness, but JPEG's are rubbish for illustrating color and tonality. Think 'sunset red' and you'll get a much clearer idea of the color I'm using.

Additionally, this is just to illustrate the lighting I am going with, nowhere near anything approaching 'complete' for meshing or otherwise.

Attached Files
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
          NOTE: the screenshot is much lighter than the actual render build, and defaults this way as part of the process. The color-correction is using a 10-bit IPS panel set to Adobe RGB @ 50% contrast and brightness, but JPEG's are rubbish for illustrating color and tonality. Think 'sunset red' and you'll get a much clearer idea of the color I'm using.
          That's what programs like Photoshop or GIMP are for. Or, if that would be technically possible at any point...RAW screencaps?
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

These are 4X/K screenshots from UTE4 using the standard backslash command, I then run a batch command inside Photoshop to give me 720P and squirt out a forum-friendly JPEG
            Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

You could grade this before saving as JPEG.

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                You could grade this before saving as JPEG.
                I could, you're right. Unlikely I will add a curves adjustment as part of the batch process because no two shots are the same, so probably not; sorry.
                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Love the idea for the map, the white liandri assets really go well with the orange lighting and sand. Do you have any wide shots/overview screenshots of the map? Would love to do some paintovers

Comment

Originally posted by eightball_ View Post
                    Love the idea for the map, the white liandri assets really go well with the orange lighting and sand. Do you have any wide shots/overview screenshots of the map? Would love to do some paintovers
                    Happy to.

I'm doing the large scale meshing right now and once complete, and before I work on the minor decorative stuff; I'll get some large shots for you in 4X/K to toy with. Might be a few days...

You want them fully lit, or unlit/RAW, just out of curiosity.
                    Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
                      Happy to.

I'm doing the large scale meshing right now and once complete, and before I work on the minor decorative stuff; I'll get some large shots for you in 4X/K to toy with. Might be a few days...

You want them fully lit, or unlit/RAW, just out of curiosity.
                      Fully lit and nicely composed. Looking forward, thanks!

Comment

Just a minor update on color...

I began on Saturday working hard on color and have moved into two primary and two secondary colors, taking primary inspiration from Dune and Fight club.

As all four of these colors will be the primary and secondary light sources, the GI will bounce around the rooms and map, making everything else a hue of the same, or, will delightfully blend the two colors.

As you can see, I have got my 4-color palette setup so I can drop them onto lighting rigs and move them around quite easily if needed to boost scenes.

I mainly am using 6500K and boosting the effect, but using the main swatch for coloring the light source(s).

I'm also using this scheme for decals, plus lifts and jump-pads throughout.

Primary colours are bouncing nicely. You may notice the Fibonacci spiral on the wall, which is a cheap decal I knocked together, as it kinda represents the floor-plan of the facility, with dimensions of 2100, 1300, 800 and 500 in unreal units.

As a side note - I have got a weird rendering bug, as you may see there are some elements which render as black - these are Llandri wall assets. Only the scaled assets do this, everything else picks up directional, spot, point and emissive lighting with no problems...one to keep an eye for sure.

Here you can see the infinite horizon facing away from the 'sun', with the environment/landscape getting influenced and enhanced through this.

You may also notice the mirage effect, which is really dirty cheap effect I may just delete, because the shader complexity of it is nearing white and the Unreal Engine doesn't like rendering anything that complicated!

Still tonnes of work for meshing and of course replacing the BSP's, but very happy with a subsonic rumbling noise I found for Audio FX, very happy indeed - I can barely hear it but the cat has to leave the room if I turn up the bass on the sub-woofer, which is a figurative and literal joke. (because cats don't go 'woof'...geddit?)

Completed about 5 days of 10-14 hours per day on this, and with the sunny weather outside, it's hard to focus...

Between lighting builds, I've been watching the CTF-lostTomb videos and writing the design document as part of the contest, which is really hard to do, but I'm ploughing through it.

Less than a month to go.

Attached Files
                        Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Updated, compiled, and submitted.

New links in first post.
                          Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

05-09-2016

Updated, compiled, and submitted.

New links in first post.
                            Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Thank you knid sir! RC1 reloaded onto the LoPing.
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
                              X