DM_Morpheus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM_Morpheus

Hello all, I would like to share what i'm working right now. I know it is early to post, but the sooner I get feedback, the better. This is my first map using this editor, so any advice is appreciated

Edit 02/05/2016. pak file for the V0.1
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxTqPcl9j6x_dmljT1BxWWV6V1k

Attached Files
    Last edited by FelipeHC; 05-02-2016, 08:50 PM.

Cool, I hope you get back a new version of Morpheus for the new UT you fingers crossed

Comment

What happened with guy who already started this long ago and made like 80% of it and then disappeared
      Map was like almost done

Comment

Yeah, no one knows.. thats why I started my own version. I still hope EPIC comes with its own official version of this map

Comment

nowhere to be found. thread hasn't been active for 6 months

@op
          looking good man, get it done, ! looking accurate so far.
          BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
          DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Quick update. Visual updates and first try on multi building.
            Attached Files

Comment

cool when have you a pak?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                cool when have you a pak?
                Well there are a lot of stuff to do before this is playable. I will try to work on this to release the pak asap, so I can get better feedback from you guys.
                Right now I'm having two problems:

1- "Invisible" meshes. the player can go trough some meshes, even tough the colision parameters are the same as a meshe that the player can't go through.
                2- Don't know how to replicate the low gravit effect from Morpheus. Whenever I change the gravity parameter in the Editor, the player goes up and never come back whenever he jump.

Comment

maybe add some windows in the side walls of the towers at the inner fighing floors to let some light in and to get a cool view on the outside.

Comment

i think the guy that posted the 80 percent done version actually posted the map file
                    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Download

I copied the UT3 map for you and converted it into a BSP UT4 map.

This has all the dimensions snapped to grid and should make your life easier.

The gravity has 4 volumes to it, and to get it set up just use a physics UT Volume and alter the gravity to suit - if you overide the gravity world factor, a negative value of -500 might work, but physics volumes are better.

The meshes all need a collision/blocking volume and this is setup in the details tab of each mesh you add to the map.

GL
                      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
                        Download

This has all the dimensions snapped to grid and should make your life easier.

The gravity has 4 volumes to it, and to get it set up just use a physics UT Volume and alter the gravity to suit - if you overide the gravity world factor, a negative value of -500 might work, but physics volumes are better.

The meshes all need a collision/blocking volume and this is setup in the details tab of each mesh you add to the map.

GL
                        [MENTION=247407]Mitch Mitchell[/MENTION] Speaking of gravity values, do you know what the difference is between large negative values and values between 1 and 0? I've tried both on SpaceNoxx with what seems to be the same results.
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                          @Mitch Mitchell Speaking of gravity values, do you know what the difference is between large negative values and values between 1 and 0? I've tried both on SpaceNoxx with what seems to be the same results.
                          AFAICT, The world gravity value override is altering the project value of gravity. To know what the standard value is would require delving into the physics of the unreal engine to figure out, and of course the project file for UT4.

Using a UT Physics Volume is (again, AFAICT) a percentage of the global flag.

1 = no change
                          0.25 = 25% of global value.

With a map like this, having a global value and then altering this global value by having multiple physics volumes for each 'room' might be the way to go, but I personally feel using volumes and leaving the global flag alone would be the path of least resistance.

Dealer's choice.
                          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
                            Download

This has all the dimensions snapped to grid and should make your life easier

GL
                            Thank you for all the tips and for the map file. It helped A LOT.

UPDATE:
                            - The map is done for the first testing, but for some reason I cannot generate the PAK file, left it for over 20 minutes but nothing... had to cancel it, might be lack of ram as I have only 8 gb

Picture:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeHC View Post
                              Thank you for all the tips and for the map file. It helped A LOT.

UPDATE:
                              - The map is done for the first testing, but for some reason I cannot generate the PAK file, left it for over 20 minutes but nothing... had to cancel it, might be lack of ram as I have only 8 gb
                              It can take literally hours to complete, but only the first time you run it.

I normally go for a long walk in the forest and come back later...
                              Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X