CTF-Azimuth [WIP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Azimuth [WIP]

Azimuth is a CTF map built to be in the same vein as Smote, Coret, and Hydrosis. Designed for 10-12 players.

This thread is no longer updated, see the release thread HERE.
    Last edited by Envieous; 10-26-2016, 02:52 PM.
    CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

Ahh cool looking good.
    PayBack

Comment

Azimuth is currently still a working-title.
      Last edited by Neuro; 04-26-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Very nice mesh work! Looks amazing!
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I sense something big is being born here...

Comment

no that's just a foodbaby

Comment

when have you a Pak?

when you give us a Pak for testing the Map were can give better Feedback
              Last edited by Frostbite83; 04-26-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Dang, its really looking gorgeous. I highly encourage you to cook what you have as an early version for feedback on the actual layout itself. It will help ensure the map actually has a good flow when 10 people are playing in an organized game.

If youre from North America, you can follow the link in my signature to the global gamers #ut4pugs channel. If youre european, you can /join #ut4.eu instead. Just come in during normal evening hours and say hi, and people will happily check the map out and give constructive feedback.

It's looking quite pretty already! I don't want people to load it up, feel like it has a flawed layout, and never load it up again.
                ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                Frag video featuring Rookie
                Frag video featuring Phantaci
                Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                  Dang, its really looking gorgeous. I highly encourage you to cook what you have as an early version for feedback on the actual layout itself. It will help ensure the map actually has a good flow when 10 people are playing in an organized game.
                  Soon, me and Neuro still have to work out the collisions among a few other minor things.

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                  If youre from North America, you can follow the link in my signature to the global gamers #ut4pugs channel. If youre european, you can /join #ut4.eu instead. Just come in during normal evening hours and say hi, and people will happily check the map out and give constructive feedback.

It's looking quite pretty already! I don't want people to load it up, feel like it has a flawed layout, and never load it up again.
                  Thanks I'll check those out when it's ready to go!

Comment

when have you Pak?

Comment

Wow! I need to test this.
                      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                        when have you Pak?

psst: first post updated

Comment

Wow Arctic base was a cool Style for this Map

Comment

I've cleaned up a handful of small issues I found over the last couple days. New version in first post.

Comment

I checked out the map, and I gotta say that its some of the most impressive BSP work I've ever seen. Really very beautiful, cool looking stuff, and there's a lot of parts of the level that I really like.

But dudes, I gotta tell ya.... the layout is WAY too complicated in a bunch of spots. If you intend for the map to be played competitively, it's going to make the flag carrier way too strong when they juke the defense even 1 time. Plus, it would be like an easter egg hunt trying to find an enemy flag carrier hiding somewhere in the labyrinth of that base.

If the map is intended for larger scale public play with 14 people, I think its still going to be quite frustrating trying to track anybody down when theyre carrying your flag. Imagine 8, 9, or even 10 minute standoffs when both teams have each other's flag, and nobody can return it because there's no voice comms and only 1-2 people are gonna spot the EFC at a time.

Take a look at the most popular maps that are played right now. In the (normal weapons) competitive scene right now, it's Bleak, Outside / Titan Pass, Vault City, Grendel Keep, Azcanize, and a couple others. Most are pretty simple, but "complicated" designs can still work as well such as Cynosure. Cynosure has more going on to it than most maps, but it's still quite easy to figure out. Heck, even titan pass has a bunch of features to the bases, but it's easy to figure out.

In the casual public server scene, the most popular maps are usually Blank and Quick. I'd classify both those maps as having a "medium" amount of complexity to their bases.

I don't want all your guys' hard work to end up in a map that never gets any play, so you gotta give the people what they want: a map that offers plenty of opportunities for strategic attacks and jukes, but it's also easy to figure out for defenders as well. Simplifying the potential routes a flag carrier can make will be a big step into "giving the people what they want".

Oh, and the shield belt should go on top of the bridge. Put a U-damage at the bottom or something.

I'll make some draw-overs in MS paint tomorrow to better show you what I mean. Alternatively, you can use the link in my signature to come on by IRC and say what's up during normal peak hours (6pm-12pm EST) and ask for some more direct feedback. Let us know if youre interested in that so we can set up a time or something.

There are other maps around here I check out and just shrug my shoulders and dont say anything cause I know theyre not going anywhere. I want your map to get played, which is why I'm saying something!!
                              ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                              Frag video featuring Rookie
                              Frag video featuring Phantaci
                              Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X