Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Croft (Updated April 2018) (Mapcore Competition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scinbed View Post
    Inside/Outside WIP

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    that orange light on the left. **** yes.

Comment

Few more progress shots:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Edit: Also, I am having a nasty problem with collision in this level, on slopes specifically. Movement down them looks like this: https://gfycat.com/ParallelShinyChimpanzee

Very jerky, almost like I'm walking down steps. Does anyone know what might be up?
      Last edited by Scinbed; 06-23-2016, 07:04 PM.
      DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Can't help about collision issues.
        Anyway, it looks great. Except there's like too much snow on the insides (2nd screen). And outside one doesn't look super natural aswell. Should be melted on walking areas...
        Last edited by toninus; 06-23-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

This looks really nice... upload a new pak soon!

Comment

hnnnngggh!

Comment

Edit: Also, I am having a nasty problem with collision in this level, on slopes specifically. Movement down them looks like this: https://gfycat.com/ParallelShinyChimpanzee

Very jerky, almost like I'm walking down steps. Does anyone know what might be up?
              Thats weird, cant say Ive encountered anything like that. What is the collision on the mesh like its not using per poly is it? Because wasnt the bottom of the capsule changed recently to act more like a cylinder, perhaps theres something worth looking into there. If its not your mesh you could maybe try duplicating it and manually adjusting the walkable slope on the mesh under the extended collision settings. Just a guess though, keep up the great work this map is looking wonderful
              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

I would simply disable the collision of the mesh and place a BlockingVolume set to BlockAll.

Looks awesome BTW... Can't wait to try this one out!
                DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Cheers guys!

The slope collision is actually already a blocking volume, no mesh collision present. ALL of the slopes in this level act the same way. It's the exact same angle as the slopes in "Example_Map" and in other levels I've worked on. It seems super strange that only this map is causing any issue.

I've tried deleting and remaking the blocking volumes, and I've tried deleting all remaining BSP to see if that did anything. No results so far.
                  DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

The lighting looks incredible! Great job

If I ran into a collision issue like that I would just remove the collision from the mesh and place a blocking volume over it. Is that feasible in this case? If you already have that... Maybe the angle is a bit too steep and the player is almost hopping down the slope? That might explain why it only happens going down.
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

I've seen it do strange things when you've got one messed up blocking brush regardless of location. Try doing a pass for volume holes, or try the old triangulate/optimize trick on them.

Also have you checked nothing is up on the player collision viewmode?

Comment

Yeah, next step might be to just start from scratch with the volumes. Definitely possible that one got messed up at some point. Collision views looked fine, though I haven't inspected every corner of the map.

Comment

I fixed the slope collision by setting all my background mountain/rock meshes to "NoCollision". They were previously set to IgnoreOnlyPawn.

Comment

I fixed the slope collision by setting all my background mountain/rock meshes to "NoCollision". They were previously set to IgnoreOnlyPawn.

Hmmmm, good to know. That is really weird since they seem so far away.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Yup good to know indeed, I hope you didnt do too much rework on the volumes, I saw that response and was like ouch.
                              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                                Yup good to know indeed, I hope you didnt do too much rework on the volumes, I saw that response and was like ouch.
                                No, I didn't. I tried deleting all of them, and placed single one to test the slope angle. It didn't work, I was still getting the issue. So I figured it was something else.

Strange that "IgnoreOnlyPawn" would.. affect the pawn in that way. The meshes are scaled up pretty huge so maybe the fact that they were registering with collision at all was screwing something up?

Comment

Working...
                                X