Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Croft (Updated April 2018) (Mapcore Competition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah there does seem to be an issue with collision, it acts very differently ingame to in the editor as far as Ive seen when I cooked my map up.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

#stopmapswithopenedges

guys falling off the map is bad concept mkay?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
        #stopmapswithopenedges

Yeah you're probably right. I guess I'll stop working on this level now.
        DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
          #stopmapswithopenedges

What's wrong with open edges? At least give some reasons why they are a bad concept mkay?

Comment

Map's latest version looks SICK my friend. What are your plans for the future ?

PS : for the slope problem, you could just do an invisible stairway, actually. If it's like unreal engine previous versions.
            http://lordkaniche.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kanichon View Post
              Map's latest version looks SICK my friend. What are your plans for the future ?

PS : for the slope problem, you could just do an invisible stairway, actually. If it's like unreal engine previous versions.
              Thanks, I fixed the slope problem (posted a few back).

Plans are to finish the level as best I can and then submit it for the contest by July 4th.

I have a couple rooms left to decorate, a bunch of polish all over, and a better blocking volume pass. I started converting buildings from BSP to mesh but depending on how much time i'm left with I might revert back to BSP for the release, we'll see.
              DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

I did some mapping on unreal engine 1, 2, and 3 but not 4 yet. I remember on killing floor 2 editor, they simply REMOVED the BSP. You can only do some SM, cause of their dynamic lightning system limitations and optimisation, i guess. So seeing some "BSP" on ue4 sounds so weird to me lol. Yeah, good collision/blocking volumes are VERY important in a game like this, take your time on that. Good luck.
                http://lordkaniche.deviantart.com/

Comment

Using meshes is definitely preferable. You can control the cuts, the poly count, the lightmap UV's, collision, etc. Downside is it takes a bit longer to create (depending on your skills in a 3d app).

Keeping BSP is not the end of the world, just less optimal.

Comment

Hey mate glad you fixed the collision problem. Actually had an issue in my map where a blocking volume caused my map to only spawn me at world origin until i deleted the offending blocking volume. Either way im out of the comp so good luck for the win.

Comment

Phase 2 release is here!

Changes:
                      • Full art pass
                      • Flow and ramps had minor adjustments throughout
                      • Ammo placement tweaks
                      • Dodge ramp placement redone
                      • Plenty more!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8swbwpz4o8...ditor.pak?dl=0 (124mb)

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

**** this is looking beautiful, good job!

Comment

Beautiful job man! Looking forward to having this map in rotation!
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thankyou for the update Scinbed! Reloaded onto the LoPing.
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

I'm currently rebuilding this map to fix some issues that the new build introduced. It's gonna be a few hours!

- Fixed the wood board meshes using a different material when LOD swaps kicked in at a distance.
                              - Fixed material assignment on the statue bases.
                              - Fixed collision on the lower statue in the rocket launcher yard.
                              - Rebuild lighting to fix lightmaps on meshes that got changed.
                              - Recooked to fix missing meshes in-game.

Comment

Alrighty, it's uploaded. Fixes in the post above.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8swbwpz4o8...ditor.pak?dl=0 (137mb)

Comment

Working...
                                X