Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Croft (Updated April 2018) (Mapcore Competition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Croft (Updated April 2018) (Mapcore Competition)

I made a layout for the Mapcore Showdown competition.

Download (Phase 2 Release) (Updated April 9th for current UT build): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8fg10sd8x...ditor.pak?dl=0 (155mb)

April 2018 Fixes:
    • Adjusted some ramps and a few other things. Rebuilt for current build.

July 23rd Fixes:
    • Fixed the wood board meshes using a different material when LOD swaps kicked in at a distance.
    • Fixed material assignment on the statue bases.
    • Fixed collision on the lower statue in the rocket launcher yard.
    • Rebuild lighting to fix lightmaps on meshes that got changed.
    • Recooked to fix missing meshes in-game.

Phase 2 Changes:
    • Full art pass
    • Flow and ramps had minor adjustments throughout
    • Ammo placement tweaks
    • Dodge ramp placement redone
    • Plenty more!

Alpha 02 Changes:
    • Some geometry additions and flow improvements, around Stinger Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon and Shield Belt.
    • Added some extra ammo pickups.
    • Added extra and balanced health pickup locations.
    • Many material alignments fixed, or at least improved.
    • Low walls around the top of buildings have some additional cutouts for better attack/defense opportunities.
    • Consistent door-frame trims.
    • Some dodge-ramps added.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Scinbed; 04-10-2018, 03:29 PM.
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Dayam dude, you are a machine! Looks great!
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Slain I heard putting knives in electrical outlets grants eternal youth. Go check it out ok? Haha

Comment

Ty Scinbed! Loaded onto the <elusive>LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment. & GL with the competition!

Admins:
        RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Croft_a01-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Croft/DM-Croft_a01-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="9A041F0D500A0BBF315BE5D77A68E43C")
        MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Croft_a01

So after a run on it I kept come'n across wanting to get to this area via a wall dodge off the other side;

A little slice lower as depicted could allow for such movement here.
        • Nice barrels, nice sniper spot.
        • The dubble lift area I'm not sure but more play could show it's worth.
        • That's some bridge you put in there
        Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 04-30-2016, 07:18 PM. Reason: tested
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Cheers, I didn't adjust the angle of the wall there but I added a dodge ramp for you back there

Alpha 02 Changes:

• Some geometry additions and flow improvements, around Stinger Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon and Shield Belt.
          • Added some extra ammo pickups.
          • Added extra and balanced health pickup locations.
          • Many material alignments fixed, or at least improved.
          • Low walls around the top of buildings have some additional cutouts for better attack/defense opportunities.
          • Consistent door-frame trims.
          • Some dodge-ramps added.

Download: https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-C...wsNoEditor.pak (35mb)
          DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Ty Scinbed! Reloaded onto the LoPing.
            LoPing

Comment

- Sniper is not much use where it is.
              - Water area below sniper could have an item in it.
              - Room with 2 lifts, maybe one of them should go somewhere else.
              - The dodge jump ramps dont work very well.
              - Way too much ammo for showdown.
              - The walkway up from the link... I love it, fantastic.
              Last edited by lawlorz; 05-03-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
                - Sniper is not much use where it is.
                - Water area below sniper could have an item in it.
                - Room with 2 lifts, maybe one of them should go somewhere else.
                - The dodge jump ramps dont work very well.
                - Way too much ammo for showdown.
                - The walkway up from the link... I love it, fantastic.
                Thanks, any suggestions for better sniper/ammo placement?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinbed View Post
                  Thanks, any suggestions for better sniper/ammo placement?
                  Ammo, id mostly scrap it all. Weapons spawn with enough to last a showdown round.

Sniper... well not sure how much youll like it, but I was thinking you could put it on the top of the level that's currently inaccessible. Fence it off a bit to keep it to a tiny area, but it would have impact there.

Comment

Waiting for new screenshots, man. I really like how it looks
                    For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Recooked for the current build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32bb3mj75i...ditor.pak?dl=0

Also been playing around with some of the chill content, looking a bit plain right now but still early days:

Comment

Recooked for the current build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32bb3mj75i...ditor.pak?dl=0

Also been playing around with some of the chill content, looking a bit plain right now but still early days:

Looks great as usual!

Comment

Inside/Outside WIP

Comment

Niceness indeed Scinbed! Keep it Up!
                            LoPing

Comment

Inside/Outside WIP

I might play it...well maybe if you twist my arm... . Looking pro!

Comment

Working...
                              X