• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Map] DM-DeepBlue [Recooked Version 20180312]

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
    >>> UTCC <<<
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

Map Name (code name for now):
    Deep Blue

Map Description:
    It was once here but then relocated to around this big planet in a far world where there's a bright blue sun.

Changes:
    [20180312]
    - Recooked

Screenshots

Video

Previous changes:
    [20170701]
    - Recooked

[20170522]
    - Recooked
    - Add UT generic objective points for DOM

[20170501]
    - Recooked

[20170411]
    - Disabled the pickup base decals
    - Recooked

[20161224]
    - Rescaled the whole map to 115%
    - Changed the top vertical walls to another playable level for additional pickups and more coherent looks
    - Changed the bottom island from a simple layout to a more sophisticated structure allows the boots, the vest, the double healths, the vials, and the linkgun to be there
    - Added back the 3 ways jump pads but this time jumppads are only used between the two islands.
    - Tweaked the lifts to make sure they all serve fun opportunities
    - Blocked the path between the RL to the 50a (which was a vest before)
    - Cleaner materials for the building to give a modern style
    [20150215]
    - Floating platforms on both sides are removed.
    - Pickups relocated, especially armors, health packs, powerups
    [20150117]
    - Pickup relocation
    - Floating platforms changed
    - Some normal maps
    - Added some visual elements for the background
    [20141228]
    - Background skybox, big planet with Saturn-like looks
    - Materials, meshes, collisions
    - Enlarged the whole map a little bit, from 2x (compared to the UT3 version) to 2.125x, to make the layout more comfortable
    - Layout modification for the jumppads and the teleporter
    [20140622]
    - Textures and materials ported from UT3 version
    - 1st lighting pass
    - 1st rough playerstart pass
    - Weapon pickups
    - Armor pickups
    [20140518]
    - Exported basic layout to the new UT
    - Lighting
    - A bit of inventory placeholders
    - Make sure this map can be played with the latest official new movement system of the new UT
    Last edited by chonglee; 03-12-2018, 11:26 AM.
    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Cool, I remember the WIP thread from the Epic forums.

The video shows a notable difference in UT3 and "UT4" gameplay (I guess, someone should suggest to increase walking speed, haha).
    Good "port" though, I'm curious how it will look like once you are able to progress visually (especially once the gameplay will hit something more solid).
    S l y .

Comment

Nice creative map, good job! And indeed there's an obvious difference between this and UT3, they definitely need to increment the speed ugh...
      EliotVU.com

UT2004: MutNoAutoFire / LevelConfigManager / MutBestTimes / MutCacheExtractor / MutHalloween
      UT3: MutDodgeJump / MutXMasPresents
      UDK: UE Explorer / Forms

Comment

I feel the dodge distance is also less than UT3.
        The new character is 180uu, in UT3 it was 96, so it is 1.875x larger, which is the scale I used for this map, in case you wonder what the size difference between these 2 versions.
        I don't mind the speed or distance, right now the only "annoying" thing is the air control, but I have all the faith in Epic. I believe they are gonna nail it.
        And I really like the auto climb.

Comment

This could be a good CTF map, but with 2 "islands".

Comment

Looks nice also I really dig the player height/scale it seems to be pretty much right. But it'S also pretty obvious that the dodge needs ~30% more length, it looks like a little girl strolling around. Also movement speed 900 maybe? If walking around is what you mostly do, then I think it should be a chunk faster.
            http://s4.postimg.org/pbdwx4zzh/Untitled.jpg

Comment

Looking good so far Chong!

Comment

DeepBlue lives!....as a new UT map! Great to see this project still alive Chonglee. Nice to have a new UT to map for eh?
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by raeg View Post
                  Looks nice also I really dig the player height/scale it seems to be pretty much right. But it'S also pretty obvious that the dodge needs ~30% more length, it looks like a little girl strolling around. Also movement speed 900 maybe? If walking around is what you mostly do, then I think it should be a chunk faster.
                  Yeah, could be faster and further.

Originally posted by CoxUT View Post
                  This could be a good CTF map, but with 2 "islands".
                  Or, could be DOM if the 2 parts are used in one map. I had this thought before. Will see when DM version is done.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                  DeepBlue lives!....as a new UT map! Great to see this project still alive Chonglee. Nice to have a new UT to map for eh?
                  Definitely, it is like finally the winter is over! 7 years, man, how many 7 years we have in our lives, so I am going to do more, and hopefully faster for this generation. I am not really happy with what I did for UT3 considering the time in it.

Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
                  Looking good so far Chong!
                  Hey Numb.51, how are your maps going? Can't wait to see and play them in this new UT.

Comment

Cool. I'm looking forward to checking this out.
                    David Spalinski
                    @spazinski
                    Epic Games

Comment

If it has more than 3 floors I already like it by. <3 The map is looking great. And really, Epic please give a built-in option to play with lit-only maps, it looks gorgeous and elegant that way.
                      DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

Looking forward to see the final map Especially how the space around the map will look like
                        Here you can find all my Unreal Engine 4 Video Tutorials: <<Klick here>>
                        • on my channel you can find germand and english tutorials
                        • there are also around 180 video tutorials about the UE3 on my channel

Comment

Great concept and I think this is a great DM map!

Comment

Originally posted by David Spalinski View Post
                            Cool. I'm looking forward to checking this out.
                            Can't wait to see comments from you guys!

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
                            If it has more than 3 floors I already like it by. <3 The map is looking great. And really, Epic please give a built-in option to play with lit-only maps, it looks gorgeous and elegant that way.
                            There will be small platform floating below the main island, for powerups, and I am still open to suggestions about new platforms or small islands which can be connected to the main one with jumppads or teleporters.
                            But at this point, I don't really want to make big changes to the main island unless you have a very strong reason that I can't overlook.
                            Yeah lighting only is interesting look sometimes, I thought about making a map basically presenting neat look, and in my opinion, it has to be used together with very unique layout, very very unique.

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                            Looking forward to see the final map Especially how the space around the map will look like
                            Thanks, I am thinking if possible bring more moving stuff into the space. It is universe, it is silent, but everything is moving.

Originally posted by Shadow Gage View Post
                            Great concept and I think this is a great DM map!
                            Thanks! I hope so.

Comment

Had to login to answer to the thread

I remember seeing the wip thread, the project was to build the map in UDK and lit it then import the things in UT3 iirc. Would have been so sweet.
                              I really hoped to play this map in UT3 one day but looks like i won't :'(

Anyway, i really like the concept so far. I love this kind of modern building and always thought they would make for some great base for UT arenas, being clean and having interesting shapes. You can basically do whatever you feel like doing and it will still looks like a real place. Never had the time to make one though :/

Anyway, i hope you'll final this one as it would make for some oldschool feels with the building on a space floating island. Keep on it, i'm eager to see more
                              My UT related portfolio : playforgg.wordpress.com/
                              My guide to a proper UT3 setup

Comment

Working...
                              X