No announcement yet.

[Map] DM-DeepBlueAstral [The Latest Version 20200711]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks awesome! I can't wait to play it!

When I first saw the layout, I immediately pictured it as some underwater ruins.

Comment

When unskinned, reminds me of Peak Monastery. Looks like a great up close 12 gauge rage slaughterfest.
      Protocol is our alt-fire function.

Comment

Originally posted by threadlock View Post
        This looks awesome! I can't wait to play it!

When I first saw the layout, I immediately pictured it as some underwater ruins.
        Yeah, I can definitely see underwater ruins, or a peak style map.
        David Spalinski
        @spazinski
        Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
          Download:
          * It is compatible with the new UT(github version), so if you are a UE4 subscriber, you could check it in the editor *
          Download from Wuala

How to Open It:
          • First you need to get the Unreal Tournament Project package from here
          • Then download my map, extract the zip to your local folder: ...\Unreal Projects\UnrealTournament\Content\Maps\

Map Name:
          DM-XXXX(to be decided)

Map Code Name:
          Deep Blue

The Latest Version:
          * Mostly the layout has been finished, need to be ported to new UT *
          Alpha 01

Map Description:
          A modern, abstract looking map. I started to create it 2 years ago for UT3. You know, because UT3 was basically dead, so I was having this mind set, when it's done, it's done. So I took my time, every once in a while, I modified the map a little bit.
          That said, actually overall I spent lot of time on this map, mainly because I didn't use module assets and tried to prepare it for 3rd party GI.

Recent Updates:
          [05182014]
          - Exported basic layout to the new UT
          - Lighting
          - A bit of inventory placeholders
          - Make sure this map can be played with the latest official new movement system of the new UT

Latest Screenshots and Video
          * The pictures are only to show the layout *
          Screenshots for Alpha 01:

Video for Alpha 01:

Concept and Design Intention:
          * The plan was for UT3, so things may change if needed for the new UT *
          • The original layout is much bigger, so a few months later I decided to cut it into 2 parts. The one in this post is the half part I am currently focusing on. After finish this one, the second map will just reuse the same method and the material assets.
          • As you can tell from the floating island thing, it is a space map, so basically it is orbiting a giant planet, with beautiful surrounds
          • Maybe with UE4, I can try dynamic sun light for this map, could be very interesting.

References:
          To be prepared

Previous changes:
          Not yet

Tasks
          * Only the tasks for current phase are listed *
          * The tricky part is the core gameplay of the new UT will be different, and before it is finished, I can't say the layout of this map is finished even though UT3 version is ready *
          Alpha
          • Playable in the new UT engine with the new movement system | 50%
          • Clean up the collision | 50%

OH YEAH!!! this looks one of the best maps I've seen so far! really really good and love it that you made it in space too... REALLY can't wait for more on this one

Comment

Thank you guys!!
            I just uploaded a new version of this map and now it is playable on the latest UT build.
            Check the initial post for download.
            [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

that movement looks so rigid without the dodge jump.

bleuh

Comment

You've got quite the list of maps going man! Getting the engine downloaded onto my Dev machine so I can give these a whirl All the activity here is giving me the bug.
                | a.k.a: Barballs | pathnode.com | See ya star side!

Comment

Yes, a lot of work in front of me, actually I feel a bit regret for starting 2 remakes which means not much time for a new map.
                  I am sure you are going to have a lot fun playing with the dev build and the engine.
                  [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Somehow this map doesn't fir in air for me, it should be on a small deserted island with sea around it! Just idea.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post

Yes, a lot of work in front of me, actually I feel a bit regret for starting 2 remakes which means not much time for a new map.
                      I am sure you are going to have a lot fun playing with the dev build and the engine.
                      Yeah Man! There are not enough hours in a year for what I want to do! ^^
                      | a.k.a: Barballs | pathnode.com | See ya star side!

Comment

I like the theme of this level since day one, the day you posted pics on UE3 forums. The changes are great !
                        Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 levels
                        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

sweet can i ask how u got the UT3 weapons into UE4? i'm kinda new to the UE4.. (i come from a 1999 universe where ALL was BSP and meshes did not have correct lighting
                          Looks great in any way
                          BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                          DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
                            sweet can i ask how u got the UT3 weapons into UE4? i'm kinda new to the UE4.. (i come from a 1999 universe where ALL was BSP and meshes did not have correct lighting
                            Looks great in any way
                            He's playing with the current pre-alpha build of UT which has UT3 weapons in as placeholders. You can do this too if you're a UE4 subscriber. You can download the latest build HERE in .zip form or sync to Github if you're using that.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by David Spalinski View Post
                              Yeah, I can definitely see underwater ruins, or a peak style map.
                              It would be like the lost city of Atlantis and I was with threadlock. Thought it was an sea map. I would suggest maybe make it less blocky, like put broken walls or something.
                              History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                              UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                              UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

For a spray and pray map, this is awesome!

If I were to change anything, I'd add strategically placed port holes or windows to jump and/or shoot through so as to add the element of mastery.

Most especially if you want to throw this map on the radar in terms of achievements...
                                Last edited by KMoritz; 07-13-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X