No announcement yet.

[Map] DM-DeepBlueAstral [The Latest Version 20200711]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to add backdrop and after that you will see it is less underwater, more in the space.

Less blocky, yeah, better materials are in the plan, and later during polish phase, more broken details on the walls can be added.

Windows or holes, not quite sure but I will think again on this.

BTW, the layout has not been entirely implemented yet. In the next version you will see more.

Thank you guys!
    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

And what about this map chonglee? I see you other updated Looks very good!

Comment

nice man.. I like the attention to the broken parts and the lighting. Downloading!

EDIT: er... just realized this hasn't been updated in a while and the link is bad
        Last edited by UffDa; 12-07-2014, 10:07 PM. Reason: Can't download
        -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
        BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

Originally posted by UffDa View Post
          nice man.. I like the attention to the broken parts and the lighting. Downloading!

EDIT: er... just realized this hasn't been updated in a while and the link is bad
          Originally posted by Galivan View Post
          And what about this map chonglee? I see you other updated Looks very good!
          Sorry I haven't done much in the past months. The next update will be for this map. Hopefully within this month. Or maybe I will just release a quick update this weekend. Then keep working on this one.

Comment

Just posted a new version in the end of this year! It was 6 months ago when the last update was done.
            Now the map starts to show what was in my head, no more under water stuff.
            There is still some work to do about those small platforms, so they are not final layout.
            Spent quite some time tuning the lighting. Kind like the current palette but some stuff are still just placeholder.

Comment

And your deck map comming no more?

Comment

Looking at the level I quite like the design of the main island. Though I am not quite sure about the other floating platforms. Basically from all the platforms the one right above the map doesn't seem right. It would probably be a lot better if they were around the island and not right above it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                  And your deck map comming no more?
                  New version will come in 5 minutes.

Originally posted by Impuredeath View Post
                  Looking at the level I quite like the design of the main island. Though I am not quite sure about the other floating platforms. Basically from all the platforms the one right above the map doesn't seem right. It would probably be a lot better if they were around the island and not right above it.
                  Hmm yes. I am not satisfied with that too. Going to try something else and improve it.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Version 20150117 uploaded.

I changed the floating platforms, the higher one is now in front of the jumppad tunnel. The platform on the other side is also redesigned. Pickups are relocated. A few normal maps and spent some time on the background. I now have some ideas about the whole looks of the environment but before I can start to do more I want to make sure the layout is really good.

No new video this time, just a picture showing one angle i quite like.

Comment

I hope you are going to change those robes into chains or something like that. Also what is that circle in the back?

Comment

That circle is another planet. It looks strange without a proper material.
                        The ropes are actually cables but right now they are just placeholders for me to check the rough composition. They won't become chains but probably they will look more like proper cables for orbital objects.

Comment

Uploaded the new version 20150215.
                          The two platforms on the front and the rear side are removed. I made two versions, one with the platforms, another without, and after thoughts and tests among these days, I concluded most gameplay should stick around the main island, and the time for you to reach the bottom island should be minimum so that you don't waste time thus the bottom island connects much more closely to the main area.
                          Furthermore, the jump pad leading to the bottom island is now replaced with a teleporter. An one way teleporter. Maybe if possible I would like to make it an one way portal.

The belt is back to where it was, and the health packs are moved. Two of them are now on the bottom island, together with the udamage, so this gives you a very strong motivation to go there when you need power or health. The helmet is replaced with a jump boots.

There might be some tweaks need to be done for the bottom island. right now it is just a flat ground but maybe there should be something.

Check this video to see how it is in action:
                          Last edited by chonglee; 02-17-2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

In this i see too diferent more consistent the flow of the map. I really like it, you are in the right way with the map, the new textures fit fantastic with the theme of the map. Nice work chonglee!

Comment

It looks like you may still have some problems with the map flow. Perhaps you can install UT2k4, and take a look at DM-UCMP3-Altitude:

This map was a pretty solid 1on1, 2on2, or ffa map, and having 2 pair of jump boots really helped to keep the map balanced

If you want help with mapping, flow, testing, ect... I can hook you up with teamspeak info to come hang out with CaptainMigraine and me. Hit me up on steam @ «JèŠušØƒÜ†3»
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dr.ToxicVenom; 02-27-2015, 01:16 AM. Reason: fixing my steam name
                              Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                              MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                              Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Thanks! Dr.ToxicVenom.
                                I am the author of DM-UCMP3-Altitude. I am glad you like that map.
                                Personally I think although both maps are space maps, they are quite different in terms of design intentions. In Altitude everything is on or above ground and the layout has multiple vertical levels so one boots is not enough. Deep Blue has a big island under the main one and I am trying to give the right connection between the two areas, also trying to figure out the good item placement.

Correct me if I am wrong. I think the geometry layout of Deep Blue is good, except:
                                1) The teleporter connection might just be too predictive, because for now it is literally the only way to go down there and back. This is why previously I tried jumppads but jumppads had some AI path finding issues for long distance travel. That said I am still thinking about pads.
                                2) The item placement. Mostly the boots. And the healths.

Could you be more specific about the flow issues?

Comment

Working...
                                X