DOMINATION 4 Team Play[dl link fixed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nice! I've been looking forward to seeing DOM, Assault and CTF4 in UT4 for a while now. It's great to be able to cross one off the list already. I know there is an Assault mod in the works, but it seems they don't want you to do your own playing with it, or I am just not seeing a download link - for compatibility tests with my mod, EO/Surge. Anyway, your DOM works great with it, I'm happy to say, and I had good fun. Unfortunately, and please take no offense, the maps are rather ill suited to UT4, at least in my opinion. I love classics, but they just don't port well to UT4 - getting stuck, odd cases of projectiles not firing in certain spots, even just too tight spaces all around. If you can let me know what I need to do to make a DOM compatible map, that is if it is something simply done at this point, I might try to whip up something quick. Thanks for your work!

Oh, and I wished for files outside the installer.... my UT is not in the default directory, so I had to move the files and delete the folders it created. Possible I just missed the option to specify the directory, but I'd prefer loose files anyway. Just a preference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
    That's why I think it's something with the direction of the Plugin, or could it be something with your win64 dlls that don't work on linux?
    I had all ways assumed that the dll's would be cross platform compatible. Now after looking into it, you are correct that it is a issue with the plugin not being compatible on linux. As soon as the compiler finishes, I'll post the linux version online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Snake.Pliskin View Post
    Did you read the UTDomGameServer_README.txt file?

Its hard for me to say what caused it to be unresponsive without seeing the log file. But guessing, I would say its probably a setting in one of the .ini files that is your problem.

In your \WindowsServer\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini (or equivalent) do you have the following:
    Code:
    [/Script/Engine.WorldSettings]
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="DOM-",GameMode="/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination")

[/Script/Engine.GameMode]
    GameModeClassAliases=(ShortName="DOM",GameClassName="/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination")

[/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination]
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Condemned
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Cinder
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Olden
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Gearbolt-b1
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DOM-Lament-UT99
    And when adding Domination to your Rules.ini the correct gamemode would be
    Code:
    GameMode=/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination
    Yes I read your file... it's all there (except for ruleset as I just wanted to make this once the hub is starting properly).
    In the log file it says:
    LogGenericPlatformMisc:Warning: Cannot display dialog box on this platform: Message : Plugin 'UTDomGameMode' failed to load because module 'UTDomGameMode' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project"
    That's why I think it's something with the direction of the Plugin, or could it be something with your win64 dlls that don't work on linux?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've installed this for my UT4 client and it looks really great, good job.

I tried adding this to our Linux HUB replacing your "\WindowsServer\UnrealTournament\Plugins" with "\ut4-HUB\UnrealTournament\Plugins", the hub could be restarted but no one was able to connect to the hub anymore (it was also shown as unresponsive while the process was running), even though I had the client installed and maps were added on hub and my client. I probably used the wrong directiory, any ideas?
    Did you read the UTDomGameServer_README.txt file?

Its hard for me to say what caused it to be unresponsive without seeing the log file. But guessing, I would say its probably a setting in one of the .ini files that is your problem.

In your \WindowsServer\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini (or equivalent) do you have the following:
    Code:
    [/Script/Engine.WorldSettings]
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="DOM-",GameMode="/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination")

[/Script/Engine.GameMode]
    GameModeClassAliases=(ShortName="DOM",GameClassName="/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination")

[/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination]
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Condemned
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Cinder
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Olden
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DOM-Gearbolt-b1
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DOM-Lament-UT99
    And when adding Domination to your Rules.ini the correct gamemode would be
    Code:
    GameMode=/Script/UTDomGameMode.Domination

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've installed this for my UT4 client and it looks really great, good job.

I tried adding this to our Linux HUB replacing your "\WindowsServer\UnrealTournament\Plugins" with "\ut4-HUB\UnrealTournament\Plugins", the hub could be restarted but no one was able to connect to the hub anymore (it was also shown as unresponsive while the process was running), even though I had the client installed and maps were added on hub and my client. I probably used the wrong directiory, any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i guess the assets are already in there.... haha! i was on a potato phone looking at this thread and i never put two and two together

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Snake.Pliskin View Post
    A lot of the textures in Condemned I did create using Quixel with photoshop. There is a few that I got from UT3. In Olden there is a few textures that I used that I got from uttexture.com. I did create new normal maps for those textures using Quixel. All textures are at 1024x1024 to keep the overall file size of the map to a reasonable amount.

Do you want the originals (.TGA files- base texture, normal, height, and AO) or the already imported and setup in Editor .uasset files?
    That's awesome! I wish I had those skills. I would love the .uasset files but whatever is easiest for you! I'm not sure how you want to distribute them but I'll be available all day tomorrow!

I'm trying to create a duel map in the old school UT99 condemned style as a shell and mesh it when epic gets city meshes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That looks awesome! I'll have to give it a try; I've always loved Domination even if it wasn't the most played game mode out there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
    All of those textures look amazing, especially condemned. Did you increase the quality of them yourself or are they ported with the converter tool? If you enhanced them yourself, would you ever consider releasing them?
    A lot of the textures in Condemned I did create using Quixel with photoshop. There is a few that I got from UT3. In Olden there is a few textures that I used that I got from uttexture.com. I did create new normal maps for those textures using Quixel. All textures are at 1024x1024 to keep the overall file size of the map to a reasonable amount.

Do you want the originals (.TGA files- base texture, normal, height, and AO) or the already imported and setup in Editor .uasset files?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All of those textures look amazing, especially condemned. Did you increase the quality of them yourself or are they ported with the converter tool? If you enhanced them yourself, would you ever consider releasing them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GitHub is the C++ source code and just the installer. Maps are in the installer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I couldn't find any .pak files on your GitHub, only the installer.
    Well it's a problem if people need to download it first to be able to play it on the server... Guess that's why everyone goes with Blueprints...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is working now on moddb. The only thing that is a bit sad is this:
    2) Players who do not have this plugin installed, when joining an online Domination game. The map maybe
    auto-downloaded, but will fail to load or the game may crash.

Players must have the Domination Game Mode plugin installed, prior to joining an online Domination game.
    There is no way to make the players auto download it from the server?
    I believe the Assault gamemode didn't do that, it loaded fine while I did not have all the files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't download anything from moddb, can you use an other mirror?
    It is available for download on GitHub. Other then that, is there a place you would like me to upload it to?

Also why so much stuff, all we need is a .pak file, at least this works for all the other mods.
    Would be awesome if you could just upload the .pak file somewhere.
    huh? The game plugin consists of basically 4 required files, in addition to the maps. The rest is stuff for the Editor (.uasset files)
    Due to the limitations of UE4, C++ based mods can not be cooked/packaged into a map, only .uasset files can be (textures, staticmesh, blueprints, etc). Native C++ plugins (DLL files) must be manually installed by the user outside of UE4. All of the included DOM maps are normal .PAK files, but they do have a external dependency upon the plugin (UTDomGameMode.dll and UTDomGameMode.plugin). And another limitation by Epic's design, is that DLL files can not be automatically downloaded from a game server when a map is auto downloaded in game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't download anything from moddb, can you use an other mirror?
    Also why so much stuff, all we need is a .pak file, at least this works for all the other mods.
    Would be awesome if you could just upload the .pak file somewhere.
    Last edited by Prescovio; 08-03-2016, 05:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X