Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to answer both questions here
    Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
    Hey Snake, is there any chance you could restructure things at some point so that this could be a downloadable package from a redirect ala Elimination? Would love to put this on the UC hub but its tough if clients have to download the plugin first.
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    ... was this not do-able with BP!?
    As it currently is, the way Epic has designed the UnrealEngine, native code (.DLL) will not be sent or received over the network (in game) and they are not packaged into a maps .PAK file, the way BluePrints are. They say this is for security reasons and it is something they are working on fixing (I hope they fix this, but lately I am loosing faith in them).

It maybe do able with BP. I choose to use native C++ for it performs much faster then BP runs at, and it seems to me, trying to do anything in BP is more of a pain. And making a game mode in C++ vs BP, I also think the C++ game mode will be consistent across all maps, where as with BP, it is feasible that a map author, adds or changes BP code, that could possible open the door for cheating. We don't know what the maps BP are, because as I understand it, BP cant be "uncooked" back out of the map. (It might be possible, I don't know)

Now the ironic part of all of this, is that with UnrealEngine 4.12 it has a option for when cooking a map, to convert a maps BP into native code, that does get packaged with the map. So, who knows, Epic may actually be onto something here.
    Author: Domination Game Mode (Native UT4 Plug-in)
    Get the Install on ModDB.com
    Source Code available on GitHub

Comment

Now the ironic part of all of this, is that with UnrealEngine 4.12 it has a option for when cooking a map, to convert a maps BP into native code, that does get packaged with the map. So, who knows, Epic may actually be onto something here.
      Not really onto anything—you still have to write the 'code' in BP's. The only thing you gain here is the performance.
      Last edited by Crafty; 08-22-2016, 10:12 AM.
      C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Snake.Pliskin View Post
        I am going to answer both questions here

As it currently is, the way Epic has designed the UnrealEngine, native code (.DLL) will not be sent or received over the network (in game) and they are not packaged into a maps .PAK file, the way BluePrints are. They say this is for security reasons and it is something they are working on fixing (I hope they fix this, but lately I am loosing faith in them).

It maybe do able with BP. I choose to use native C++ for it performs much faster then BP runs at, and it seems to me, trying to do anything in BP is more of a pain. And making a game mode in C++ vs BP, I also think the C++ game mode will be consistent across all maps, where as with BP, it is feasible that a map author, adds or changes BP code, that could possible open the door for cheating. We don't know what the maps BP are, because as I understand it, BP cant be "uncooked" back out of the map. (It might be possible, I don't know)

Thanks for the explanation. You're definitely doing it the "proper" way going with C++.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Any news on this? It looked very promising
          DM-Cheops - CTF-Cheops - CTF-Ranel

Comment

Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
            Any news on this? It looked very promising
            Just released version 3.0 for the current Halloween release of UT.
            Get it here

Comment

Glad to see this project is still being supported.

I'm working on a few maps for this at the moment.

Comment

The exe and msi files don't work properly. Domination isn't showing up.
                -Fn>Metalfist
                ---------------------
                Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Thanks, I saw the mistake. it was pointing by default to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournament\ not C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\
                  -Fn>Metalfist
                  ---------------------
                  Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

DOM Layout of Antiquus up - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...read.php?25470

Comment

New map - DOM-Erebus - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...538-DOM-Erebus

Comment

This doesn't seem to work with the latest build.
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

As of Feb/9/2017 The current Domination release 3.4 works with current UT version: "4.15.0-3270765+++UT+Release-Next"

Comment

Working...
                          X