Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
    Will this be available for linux soon? Would be interesting to try it out online.
    Use the server version. Just install the UTDomGameMode folder to your Plugins folder. Also there is not currently any Editor support in that install. If you need Editor support let me know.

Let me know if it works, I have not done any testing on Linux, but I am assuming that it will work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will this be available for linux soon? Would be interesting to try it out online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why do you think current ut build is not longer a pre-alpha version? it does has still many things to fix

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darksonny View Post
    Thanks Snake for your effort!
    Please put in stand by this great mod and put a bit of patience in this ut ins't still a full game there are many to-do-list, Joe Wilcox is saying basically and right now, that is very early to put more blueprint support for mods.
    Thanks again dude!
    We all need to stop kidding ourselves. For Epic to be using UT4 in professional gameplay, I think we can agree its no longer a "Pre-alpha" version.

BTW this mod has no blueprints, its done 100% in C++.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Snake for your effort!
    Please put in stand by this great mod and put a bit of patience in this ut ins't still a full game there are many to-do-list, Joe Wilcox is saying basically and right now, that is very early to put more blueprint support for mods.
    Thanks again dude!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
    Does this also work online and can you provide information on how to run it on a server?
    Good job on the mod, glad to see it back again !
    Yes the plugin works online for clients. UT4 Servers need to install the following:

The plugin and map files for UT4 Dedicated Servers:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/domination...ion-server-v29

REQUIREMENTS:
    Unreal Tournament 4 Server Version: released on 07/13/2016
    (Tested with the UnrealTournament-Server-XAN-3045522-Win64.zip )

See the included file UTDomGameServer_README.txt for server setup details. If you need more help let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
    I also think time-proven modes should find their way into new game. But it seems Epic's stategy regarding game modes is somewhat like 'novelty is the key' (every game = new modes). So, I'm almost sure although they will welcome that one and other modes (like Invasion, Assault, BR, SP) - but most likely only in form of unofficial mods.
    Unofficial mods are fine too, the problem is distribution for code mods as Snake pointed out in the OP.

@ Posting this thread in 'Level Design':
    Maybe there should be a well defined subsection for released and/or WIP gamemodes and/or mutators since they are generally composed of several disciplines including code, level design, materials, textures, sounds, etc. "Published mods" perhaps.
    Last edited by Crafty; 07-31-2016, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this also work online and can you provide information on how to run it on a server?
    Good job on the mod, glad to see it back again !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also think time-proven modes should find their way into new game. But it seems Epic's stategy regarding game modes is somewhat like 'novelty is the key' (every game = new modes). So, I'm almost sure although they will welcome that one and other modes (like Invasion, Assault, BR, SP) - but most likely only in form of unofficial mods.
    Last edited by exo7341; 07-31-2016, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
    I applaud your hard work. I hope Epic reaches out to you about incorporating this into the standard game. Domination should be a part of it.
    Thank you. I also do hope Epic would do so. But the sad thing is, I am beginning to believe they just don't care for the majority of the UT modders. I truly wish it was different. Yet it has now been well over a year since I have first submitted my mod to Epic via a pull request on GitHub. To this day, not one word from them. And to be honest, there is alot of other stuff also just sitting there. They are more then welcome to use my code any way they see fit. Use it as is, make changes, I don't care! As long as, all the time I put in, does not go to waist.
    Yet as more time goes on, the more I believe, they just don't care. In the last few months, I have seen some of the hardcore UT modders give up and leave UT. They basically said, this is a dead end project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I applaud your hard work. I hope Epic reaches out to you about incorporating this into the standard game. Domination should be a part of it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [PROTOTYPE] DOMINATION 4 Team Play[dl link fixed]

DOMINATION 4 Team Play[dl link fixed]

ABOUT:

Original Unreal Tournament (UT99) style Domination game mode for UT4, written entirely in C++. This is to add the game mode to your UT4 "launcher" game so that you can play and create Domination game maps.

NEW-
    4 Team Play. Now you can play on any of the original 4 teams. (Red, Blue, Green, Gold)

NEW-
    Domination DM maps game mode- Play Domination game using any existing DM map. Control Points will automatically be added to the map at run time.

SCREENSHOTS

Gold Team - Map: DM-Underland
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	364303

Green and Gold teams - Map: DM-Underland

Name:	HighresScreenshot00075.jpg
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	364304

Condemned

Name:	HighresScreenshot00018.jpg
Size:	884.0 KB
ID:	363222

Condemned

Name:	HighresScreenshot00020.jpg
Size:	963.5 KB
ID:	363219

Olden

Name:	HighresScreenshot00015.jpg
Size:	908.9 KB
ID:	363217

Olden

Name:	HighresScreenshot00010.jpg
Size:	905.0 KB
ID:	363216

Olden

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Size:	981.0 KB
ID:	363215

Cinder

Name:	HighresScreenshot00028.jpg
Size:	848.0 KB
ID:	363212

Gearbolt

Name:	HighresScreenshot00030.jpg
Size:	874.1 KB
ID:	363220

Lament

Name:	HighresScreenshot00035.jpg
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	363221

REQUIREMENTS:

Launcher Game/Editor:
    Unreal Tournament 4 Version: 4.15.0-3270765+++UT+Release-Next

Server version requirement:
    Unreal Tournament 4 Server

WHAT IS INCLUDED:

The game mode plugin files (for both the Game and the Editor).
    All required Editor asset files needed to cook/"share" Domination maps.
    5 Maps (Final maps have new custom meshes and high res textures. Others are just a direct port of the UT99 map)
    • Cinder Foundry (WIP)
    • Condemned (Final)
    • Olden (Final)
    • Gearbolt (WIP)
    • Lament (WIP)

Final = map is final
    WIP = Work in Progress

DOWNLOAD (289 MB)

Windows manual install version (PC Windows only, no linux)
    Download from ModDB.com

Win64 Server & Linux Server Install Version:

EULA agreement from author, for Epic Games

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Snake.Pliskin; 02-10-2017, 09:11 PM. Reason: updated download link
Working...
X