DOMINATION 4 Team Play[dl link fixed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As of Feb/9/2017 The current Domination release 3.4 works with current UT version: "4.15.0-3270765+++UT+Release-Next"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This doesn't seem to work with the latest build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New map - DOM-Erebus - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...538-DOM-Erebus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DOM Layout of Antiquus up - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...read.php?25470

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I saw the mistake. it was pointing by default to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournament\ not C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The exe and msi files don't work properly. Domination isn't showing up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to see this project is still being supported.

I'm working on a few maps for this at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
    Any news on this? It looked very promising
    Just released version 3.0 for the current Halloween release of UT.
    Get it here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news on this? It looked very promising

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Snake.Pliskin View Post
    I am going to answer both questions here

As it currently is, the way Epic has designed the UnrealEngine, native code (.DLL) will not be sent or received over the network (in game) and they are not packaged into a maps .PAK file, the way BluePrints are. They say this is for security reasons and it is something they are working on fixing (I hope they fix this, but lately I am loosing faith in them).

It maybe do able with BP. I choose to use native C++ for it performs much faster then BP runs at, and it seems to me, trying to do anything in BP is more of a pain. And making a game mode in C++ vs BP, I also think the C++ game mode will be consistent across all maps, where as with BP, it is feasible that a map author, adds or changes BP code, that could possible open the door for cheating. We don't know what the maps BP are, because as I understand it, BP cant be "uncooked" back out of the map. (It might be possible, I don't know)

Now the ironic part of all of this, is that with UnrealEngine 4.12 it has a option for when cooking a map, to convert a maps BP into native code, that does get packaged with the map. So, who knows, Epic may actually be onto something here.
    Thanks for the explanation. You're definitely doing it the "proper" way going with C++.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now the ironic part of all of this, is that with UnrealEngine 4.12 it has a option for when cooking a map, to convert a maps BP into native code, that does get packaged with the map. So, who knows, Epic may actually be onto something here.
    Not really onto anything—you still have to write the 'code' in BP's. The only thing you gain here is the performance.
    Last edited by Crafty; 08-22-2016, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am going to answer both questions here
    Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
    Hey Snake, is there any chance you could restructure things at some point so that this could be a downloadable package from a redirect ala Elimination? Would love to put this on the UC hub but its tough if clients have to download the plugin first.
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    ... was this not do-able with BP!?
    As it currently is, the way Epic has designed the UnrealEngine, native code (.DLL) will not be sent or received over the network (in game) and they are not packaged into a maps .PAK file, the way BluePrints are. They say this is for security reasons and it is something they are working on fixing (I hope they fix this, but lately I am loosing faith in them).

It maybe do able with BP. I choose to use native C++ for it performs much faster then BP runs at, and it seems to me, trying to do anything in BP is more of a pain. And making a game mode in C++ vs BP, I also think the C++ game mode will be consistent across all maps, where as with BP, it is feasible that a map author, adds or changes BP code, that could possible open the door for cheating. We don't know what the maps BP are, because as I understand it, BP cant be "uncooked" back out of the map. (It might be possible, I don't know)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ... was this not do-able with BP!?

just asking/wondering!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Snake, is there any chance you could restructure things at some point so that this could be a downloadable package from a redirect ala Elimination? Would love to put this on the UC hub but its tough if clients have to download the plugin first.

Thanks for your hard work on this! So awesome to see this moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Remdale View Post
    Unfortunately, and please take no offense, the maps are rather ill suited to UT4, at least in my opinion. I love classics, but they just don't port well to UT4 - getting stuck, odd cases of projectiles not firing in certain spots, even just too tight spaces all around.
    No offense taken. I just don't have the time to create a completely new map. And in the mean time I do need a map to show that this mod does in fact work.
    If you can let me know what I need to do to make a DOM compatible map, that is if it is something simply done at this point, I might try to whip up something quick. Thanks for your work!
    All you need is the UTDomGameMode Editor plugin files and content to be in your editor plugin folder.
    During the install, when you have the option of what features to install, make sure the Editor support is checked and currently selected. For you can install each feature to different locations. For the Editor support make sure it points to the right folder location for your editor is installed at.

From the read me:
    Code:
    QUICK START ON DOMINATION MAP MAKING:
    ==========================
    1) You must save your map with the prefix DOM- in the file name (example: DOM-myMapName)
    2) From within the Editor, Go to Settings->World Settings
    3) Set GameMode Override to "Domination"
    4) Place at least 1 (3 is recommended) ControlPoint actors in to your map.
    5) On each ControlPoint actors' details. Set the "Point Name" to the name/title for this point.
    Oh, and I wished for files outside the installer.... my UT is not in the default directory, so I had to move the files and delete the folders it created. Possible I just missed the option to specify the directory, but I'd prefer loose files anyway. Just a preference.
    Similar to what I just said above. During the install, when you have the option of what features to install, make sure the game plugin feature points to the right folder location for your game is installed at. Note: you can install each feature to different locations. (e.g.; depending on what feature is currently selected, notice the install to location on the lower part of the window)

Select the game plugin feature and note the path
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMinstall1.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	348030

Now select the editor feature and note the path is different
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMinstall2.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	348031