X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Mica B

DM-Mica_B [103MB]

Version B:
    I kept the overall size of the map the same but added some shortcuts and extra features. Most of the changes can be seen in the video. I added a cave by the rocket, and an inside area where I put the link gun. I lowered the ground near the original waterfall so now the helmet is on a short ledge. A lift was desperately needed near the flak cannon. I added a raised platform there too.

I'm gonna let this one simmer for a little while. My next objective is to replace the walls/structures in the level with custom assets. At the same time I'll make any needed gameplay improvements. Let me know what you think and if you encounter anything game-breaking! Thanks!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Hey all, here's a quick DM map I put together. We're getting a better variety of professional assets in each build so I figured I would create a small map with the newest ones. This started out as one room where I experimented putting assets together and eventually I just expanded it to a whole map. So I'll be the first to admit the gameplay is still a little rough. There aren't many exciting features, though I'd like to take some input and evolve the map into something more interesting. During my playtests the lower area with the rocket was rarely used so I may add another path leading to that room. Another note, the brown stone "buildings" are just placeholders and may end up being custom assets.

I also want to thank everyone who participated in the mapper's event last weekend, they got to playtest this map a couple times.

Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Mica_B
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Mica_B-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/tidu11b84/DM-Mica_B-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="8b955bf6564e6f12830a0e5787f8fdc9 ")
    Last edited by tidu; 08-17-2016, 11:58 PM. Reason: version B
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

I've added this version (replaced with Mica_) on our HUBs and Servers in the US and EU
    Go check it out just filter "MPF" or "MPForums" and join them.

PS: I'm on teamspeak 3 right now, if you want to jump on and have a talk about it ts.mpforums.com ^^
    Pro 2 Play Community Website @ https://www.pro2play.com/
    UT4 Server/Hub Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php
    UT3 Server Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut3/serverguide.php
    Need help? Join Discord Chat @ https://discord.gg/ETv384q

Comment

Looks beautiful tidu!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

I carved into some of the walls to add more paths to the rocket area. After a few bot matches it's clear the room gets a lot more traffic than before.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Wow, not tried it, but it does look extremely nice

Comment

If the change is already included in the Pak Tidu?

Comment

Chris, no the change is not in the pak yet. I will have version B uploaded soon!
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                I experimented putting assets together and eventually I just expanded it to a whole map!
                That's how level designing is done, Tidu! Keep it up!
                For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Very good and nice map ! I've only tried it on elemination. I think it can be a good 2v2 map for elimination game as there is lots of tricks to do with the walls.

keep it up !

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
                    That's how level designing is done, Tidu! Keep it up!
                    Haha yeah I guess that was a stupid thing to say. Thanks

Originally posted by globule View Post
                    Very good and nice map ! I've only tried it on elemination. I think it can be a good 2v2 map for elimination game as there is lots of tricks to do with the walls.

keep it up !
                    I've been working on the layout and changing some things so the next version should play better. Thanks for trying it out!
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

When you spot a bot while he is in the armor vest area and he flies out of the map, it doesn't give you credit for the kill.

Plays really nice. Some wallruns and areas would need polishing to allow more fluid movement. I would play it even now though! I might give you more feedback soon with screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                        When you spot a bot while he is in the armor vest area and he flies out of the map, it doesn't give you credit for the kill.

Plays really nice. Some wallruns and areas would need polishing to allow more fluid movement. I would play it even now though! I might give you more feedback soon with screenshots.
                        I just edited the first post with a link to version B. Among many changes, the outer kill areas now give proper credit for kills. Thanks for playing it Rainmaker! Feedback in any form is always appreciated
                        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Some collision issues here and there.

You can reach this area (by double health) but after next step you die (see flak).

Collision gets you block when approaching over the red step.

I am not happy that many areas which would be accessable are blocked. I would expect to reach most of what I see. Even tops of pillars etc.

I fell through the ground here. No idea how really. I slide a lot in my movement.

Also I don't know how to easily reach health vials on pillar near shock.

Shock and Flak are really close near each other.

Thanks, I am in hurry .... sorry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mica B is up on the UC Hub. Will be trying it out soon.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Few more things.

This feels to me that flak and shock are really close to each other on an almost direct trajectory. This way I can have both strong weapons pretty quickly. Only the RL is a bit more difficult to reach.

It is difficult to see where shock is at first. Certainly at Low details and resolution. You might add some rock or stone base.

Would you allow some nice lift jumps lift dodges or as orange shows, maybe a dodge to vials? I guess you will change this area though.

This wallrun is currently impossible. Would be useful.

It is difficult to see, where is the edge and which area you can reach and which not.

This area is too complicated navigation-vise.

This seems like the most "booring" area. I never expect anyone o be here since there is hardly anything except of health packs and armor both really close to each other. This long path from health to shield belt is really empty.

This is it for now. You might not agree though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X