• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Morpheus

Hi guys

Here is the latest build of the map...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy7an52ap3...ditor.pak?dl=0

• Colliders have been fixed up so it should play smoother
    • Gravity has been increased as much as I feel i can get away with it.
    • I've reworked the lighting and skybox

I still need to rework the interiors, if anyone wants to concept something be my guest.
    I took alot of shortcuts for the surrounding enviroment and am aware it doesnt look super but it's good enough for now.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free but I may take a break from this to work on something else for a while.

Thanks
    Chong
    Last edited by Ch0ng; 09-23-2017, 04:49 PM.
    www.scottflinders.com

Holy cr@p dude! I thought I was looking at a paintover first but then I saw the editor buttons. Looks incredible! Downloading now...

FYI, don't go anywhere because you will probably need to recook it after the new build that will come out next week.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Did a quick walkthrough. Love the visuals that you are going for so far - it's a huge improvement. Gameplay is a bit tough for me however since I feel like there are quite a few snaggly bits and other items. I know you probably haven't done a final BV pass, but here's some recommendations.

I think these platforms need to be done in a way that there is very little effect on gameplay. A combination of turning off collision on certain items, BV ramps, and possibly reducing Z are needed IMO. Right now, I'm getting hung up on spots and its tough since these areas are where a lot of the battles occur.

These areas need to be closed up with BVs.

Other items: You have lens flare turned on. That has to be turned off since that's a no-go in UT for visibility reasons.

I'm not sure about the crane hanging in the center. It is right in the middle of gameplay and I think its too distracting. You can swing the whole crane off to one side and keep much of the visual without affecting gameplay.

The mesh on the lower area makes gameplay pretty rough down there. I'm sure there is a way you could get an interesting meshed look down there that is not as snaggly.

Overall, it seems a little too bloomy for me. While it looks cool, its a bit tough on the eyes and visibility.

Last thing is that Spectre is still listed as the author and I think you can safely change that at this point.

Keep up the great work on this!
      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent work here, well done looks amazing.

Gameplay wise please stop being stubborn and fix the ramps lower them into the ground or remove them, yes they look fantastic but not for gameplay.

You do not want to be forced into a jump just to get the weapon or for what ever reason in low gravity.

.Just fix that one issue and its perfect. I still have not tested this version to comment on the gravity, it was too high last time and floated down from a jump too slowly. Not sure if that has been addressed.
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
          I still have not tested this version to comment on the gravity, it was too high last time and floated down from a jump too slowly. Not sure if that has been addressed.
          I forgot to mention gravity. I think the gravity is still too floaty. See how much you can knock it down by and still make the needed moves. You may need to adjust the jump pad also on the bottom between the buildings to get more height off of it.

Comment

Cool work who is the Link Gun?

Comment

That lens flare if thats how its called or whatever lighting it is is annoying atm.
              Also i agree on that lower platform as MΛuL said, change it so that you can walk over it down there.
              I'm still not a fan of those railings as you can get stuck on them by walking from outside towards them(not from stairs to them because you can go over them this way since its higher ground).

Comment

There is no apparent divider between low-grav and normal grav which makes it tricky at first. Maybe add divider similar to CTF-Big Rock without the blocking volume?

Dathzone at the bottom of the map should be higher so that you dont have to wait for ages falling slow-mo until you die.

I agree that surfaces should be as smooth as possible to that you don't get stuck all the time.

Nice otherwise!

Comment

Wow , cant wait to play this map in the game !!
                  THANKS !!

Comment

hey guys

So there was a big update today and when I load up my map it looks completely different, colours are way off and the bloom and light intensity all seemed to have changed.

Is there a way I can roll back to the previous version ?
                    Obviously I'll have to fix it up for this version eventually but I really wanted to take a video of what I had so I can start sending it to companies.

Any help is appreciated.
                    Thanks
                    www.scottflinders.com

Comment

It'd probably be more fitting for the sky to be dark blue rather than orange since that way it'd look closer to the previous Morpheus's.

Aside from that, it looks like you did a pretty good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch0ng View Post
                        hey guys

So there was a big update today and when I load up my map it looks completely different, colours are way off and the bloom and light intensity all seemed to have changed.

Is there a way I can roll back to the previous version ?
                        Obviously I'll have to fix it up for this version eventually but I really wanted to take a video of what I had so I can start sending it to companies.

Any help is appreciated.
                        Thanks
                        Sorry Chong, you can't go backwards. This is a sizable engine change on this build so you will have to readjust things and rebuild unfortunately.

Comment

the skybox and the cranes are cool as hell but i think they're more fitting for... dm-crane

it doesn't really capture the feel of "12-mile tall galaxyscraper", but it still looks pretty nice and would be good for a portfolio

Comment

Cant find the path. Cant open it with notepad++ because the file is to big......

Comment

Originally posted by Ensuna View Post
                              Cant find the path. Cant open it with notepad++ because the file is to big......
                              How to retrieve the map name/URL from pak files (short: list all maps)

Code:
                              DM-Morpheus_v25-WindowsNoEditor.pak
                              -----------------------------------
                              /Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Morpheus/DM-Morpheus_v25
                              ===================================
                              Or
                              Code:
                              $ ./listmaps.sh DM-Morpheus_v25-WindowsNoEditor.pak
                              DM-Morpheus_v25-WindowsNoEditor.pak Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Morpheus/DM-Morpheus_v25 4f17656634ebff57b0c9a90b77c4e27d
                              PS: Hex editors should just work fine opening bigger files than Notepad++ currently supports.
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                              X