DM-Morpheus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
    Well, if you would understand the relationship between Unreal Engine build level, and content like maps you would not just blame the devs with you stupid comment, but know that whenever a major jump to a new engine version used in UT is made, maps need to get recooked...
    I actually know very well about that, as I have meddled with UE 2 and 3/UDK before. The problem is Epic Games Launcher forces update on games without saying that every content made on older builds wouldn't load up anymore, therefore the "blame" is on them. You should be able to chpose not to update until the content you like is available in the newer version. Also the stupid comment is yours. Farewelll

Comment

Just a sec, launcher has an option to turn off auto update.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ut_update.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	349520

Maybe Epic can provide kind of converter/recooker or map makers can provide source and with good guide (I think it is available) everyone can recook the map for new engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
        Just a sec, launcher has an option to turn off auto update.
        You can turn off auto update (mine is tuned off), but once a new update is released, you can't play unless you update.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsu_brO View Post
          You can turn off auto update (mine is tuned off), but once a new update is released, you can't play unless you update.
          You can if you start game directly, not trough launcher. At least it was possible last time when I tried. I'm on laptop right now to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
            You can if you start game directly, not trough launcher. At least it was possible last time when I tried. I'm on laptop right now to try again.
            You can't launch game if not from launcher (and yes I have tried it even before last year's update, and tried again just now, you can't), it gives you an error: "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UE4/UE4.Project'"

Comment

Originally posted by Tsu_brO View Post
              You can't launch game if not from launcher (and yes I have tried it even before last year's update, and tried again just now, you can't), it gives you an error: "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UE4/UE4.Project'"
              Besides being , Yes, you can launch directly by using a bat file and No, you won't be up to date with the latest release, the new build was reported but the patch wasn't. Stay safe and just use the launcher.
              @Ch0ng, I hope you're up for another recook of this beauty!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Yep , recook needed here

Comment

Ah sorry guys I'm about a month late on this one, have been super busy with other projects.
                  I will get a recook up by the end of the week.

and I still have plenty to work on with this.

Also random question: how do I add a signature to my posts ?
                  Last edited by Ch0ng; 02-21-2017, 10:23 PM.
                  www.scottflinders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ch0ng View Post
                    Also random question: how do I add a signature to my posts ?
                    Click your username at top right of forum. Go to Settings. In box on bottom left (My Settings) click Edit Signature.
                    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Ok latest version is up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsthoh7m96...ditor.pak?dl=0

let me know if there are any problems
                      Also check my portfolio below to see what else ive been working on
                      www.scottflinders.com

Comment

Highly appreciated recook here Ch0ng!
                        LoPing
                        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Couple of design questions:

1. The jump pad on the bottom deck used to launch the player high enough to land on the redeemer tower. (In the UT2004 version.) Is the current launch height still WIP?

2. Did you intentionally leave out the two skinny girders sticking out from where the RL is located? They were useful as hail mary saves when falling and as a sneaky sniper spot.
                          No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Looks very impressive Ch0ng! havent played it yet, but ill do very soon
                            BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                            DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Hi,Chong ,

Could you repack the map please for the last version ? We MUST play the map at my next lan party thx :-)

Comment

Hi guys
                                Here is a link to the latest build

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kur26btn6a...ditor.pak?dl=0
                                www.scottflinders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X