Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Ariza

Quick video update:
    (please excuse the audio, my girlfriend was watching Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis. - mute it if you'd like.)

Update: Just to let everyone know since I last posted here on the forum I was stuck in version 4.2.0 of Unreal engine and Unreal Tournament. I have been modeling quite a bit of additions to Ariza since then and have recently updated to 4.6.1 of the the engine as well as the latest Unreal tournament Alpha. I will post some new shots of my current progresss this weekend. Thank You.

Hello,

Thought I should show a number of screenshots from the map I chose to make.
    This map has been sitting on my hard drive for years and I thought now that we have a new UT it would be the best time to finish it.

As you can see it is not an exact replica of the old map, there will be new and alternate routes and of course improved graphics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	352508Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00011.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	352509Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00013.jpg
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	352510Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00014.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	352511Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00015.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	352512Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00016.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	352513Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00017.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	352514
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IllpIll; 12-29-2014, 10:42 PM.

Sweet! (I'm clearly overusing that word recently)

I like what you did there. Ariza is a great map (I would say it's among the best Unreal 1 DM maps) and it looks like what you started has a lot of potential!
    S l y .

Comment

GORGEOUS
      What can I say, I have faith in you man, can't wait to see more

Nice idea the "ropes/wires" on the bridge, can't remember if they were there in the original
      http://i.imgur.com/6dJ1rdc.jpg

Comment

Looks good for the current stage it's in! It will be sweet to see a finished version of this for the new UT if you decide to continue making it!

Comment

If this game can do what I'm hoping it will do i.e. bring ALL of the community together, there is going to be a smorgasbord of maps! A new DM-Ariza?? Hellz yeah!
          Last edited by MΛuL; 05-21-2014, 02:31 AM.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

If you are going to do Ariza, you will be committed to Deathfan and Tundra...
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              If you are going to do Ariza, you will be committed to Deathfan and Tundra...
              I might have to sign up for DeathFan myself since I did one for UT3.
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Who is going to make Fith then?
                S l y .

Comment

This makes me think of CTF-Kosov in a way. Have you ever considered making this a CTF map?
                  David Spalinski
                  @spazinski
                  Epic Games

Comment

I just did a quick play through of all of the old Unreal DM maps the other night. Ariza was always a favorite of mine, and I'm very excited to see this. I discovered something though; I'm really terrible at Unreal 1 deathmatch! I'm pretty sure I do much better against "skilled" bots in UT3 than I ever did against "novice" bots in U1!

Comment

It would be cool to see a CTF version, I agree on that. I believe (at least from what I recall of its layout), one could (theoretically) expand and mirror this map with one side being the outdoor area and another an interior/cave-tech hybrid starting in the indoor areas.

VampireJesus, the Unreal bots are merciless.
                      Don't forget that the weapon handling is different too, although the weapons might share the same name as their UT counterparts and even have same sounds and functionalities (I always thought that ASMD core was harder to hit than the ASMD Shock Rifle's core for example).
                      Then there is the aircontrol difference, Unreal has very few aircontrol and requires you to be precise. Trial/BT in Unreal would probably kill most people who would play ports of UT99 Bünnytrack maps where you have to survive a falling part (using ü instead of u due to censoring of bünny - wonder why), haha!
                      And last but not least, you had less difficulty settings than in Unreal, which could mean that when you play Novice in Unreal, you actually play on Skilled in UT (as an example) and Normal would be Adept while Hard would be Inhuman and Unreal = Godlike (in case I'm mixing up the difficulty priorities, not my fault! I always change it once on the same setting in UTs and leave it at that, so I only know that Novice, Average, Skilled, Adept = somewhere low and Inhuman and Godlike the last with Godlike being the hardest default setting! ).
                      Last edited by Sly.; 05-22-2014, 12:29 AM.
                      S l y .

Comment

Now there's a blast from the past!

Would love to see Healpod.
                        also known as Humphro

Comment

*Throws money at the screen*

A classic Unreal Map pack is the way to go!
                          a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

awesome! thank you
                            Used to play UT99 as {aka}Dominator

The ideal UT 4 would be very similar to UT99

Comment

Originally posted by Wutsittou View Post
                              *Throws money at the screen*

A classic Unreal Map pack is the way to go!
                              Not sure why this hasen't been done before....after all its where the DM fun first began.

Comment

Working...
                              X