DM-1on1-Pure-Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good changes again!
    I have the question: In original Pure we had a lot of open area (sniper rifle -shock side). Did you thought about making some windows (with blocade for players but not for weapons)? There are some transparent walls on the map - that's why I'm asking. Normal walls = more chances to hit with rl or flak.

ps. Any idea about visual side of the map? Concepts?
    Last edited by rAge.; 11-06-2016, 05:06 PM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
      Amazing work my friend ! Uploaded on UTA Hub server
      Thx!
      Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
      Thanks for getting this baby in the game. Always a fun one. Played a round in it and it feels really good scale wise.
      It's up and ready on the UC hub.
      YW & Thx!

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
      Good changes again!
      Thx!

I have the question: In original Pure we had a lot of open area (sniper rifle -shock side). Did you thought about making some windows (with blocade for players but not for weapons)? There are some transparent walls on the map - that's why I'm asking. Normal walls = more chances to hit with rl or flak.
      I don't follow you here.. can you define with screeshots? Either way i'm trying to keep it as close to the orignal design as possible..

ps. Any idea about visual side of the map? Concepts?
      Midgets with snipers, in space.

Anything goes tbh.. I really like the look capt migraine gave it.. Space station in orbit.. Might do sumn like that,
      Depending on wich assets come out.. Liandri is an option, but there is some nice industrial stuff flowing in for dm-asdf too..
      Even the assets from tuba could work 'in a way' imo.

i'll keep the blockout out in the wild for a couple weeks before i start meshing tho. still not happy with some area's..

@ everybody,For the next version:

- I think the holes/grates above belt&link are a tad too large now.. maybe i'll scale 'm down 50uu'ish in width.. => Objections?
      - Lowering the floor between mini and 100 with 50uu? => so the dodge on the slant @shock is somewhat easier
      - To be expected.. some roof "deco"/"supports" blockout stuff (i wanna get the bigger picture in my mind here)
      BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
      DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Hey irridium77,

Good job! I really like the layout. It reminds me of some of the rocket arena maps. Simple but fun. (I can totally see this layout being a good starting point of a RA map, just tweak the height for RJ and there it is.)

Some quick thoughts:
        - I'd suggest to make the map bigger by enlarging some of the areas. The feeling is overall the layout feels good, but the distances between important pickups are really close. For example, you grab the vest and in 3 seconds you are at the belt.
        - I am thinking there are plenty of mid range structures in this map, so maybe when enlarging some of the areas, there could be opportunities for some longer tunneling or things like that for hitscan weapons, especially for some of the important pickups or weapons.
        - Maybe there could be another higher level somewhere on the vest side to place the vest, or a lower level on the belt side. I feel one of the reason why everywhere feels so close is there are basically two levels and very well connected.
        - I feel there are plenty of health packs and vials so this can support much more than just 1 on 1, not saying this is necessarily a bad thing but it does feel kinda strange when you have health everywhere.

@ everybody,For the next version:

- I think the holes/grates above belt&link are a tad too large now.. maybe i'll scale 'm down 50uu'ish in width.. => Objections?
        - Lowering the floor between mini and 100 with 50uu? => so the dodge on the slant @shock is somewhat easier
        - To be expected.. some roof "deco"/"supports" blockout stuff (i wanna get the bigger picture in my mind here)
        I don't think the grate holes are really needed. That platform (and the one above it) above the link is already a very convenient place for covering the link, the belt, the 2 health packs, the jumppad direction, the lift nearby, the vest direction, and the flak, and the 2 groups of vials. And you have a wall corner by the grate. That whole place, from the link grate to the flak area, feel might be too convenient for camping around, coz all the incoming paths like the lifts or the jumppad are below you. To me, this is a bigger problem than to have smaller holes or not.

Yes the slant at the shock could be easier.

[WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
          I don't follow you here.. can you define with screeshots? Either way i'm trying to keep it as close to the orignal design as possible..
          I meant the first version of Pure (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxsLIjgvHg), there was no wall behind the sniper rifle (only energetic barrier or something like that, you cant jump out from the map but your rockets can) There are some transparent walls on your map, huge windows probably. I asked if they will be open (in reference to the 1st version of Pure) or not :P

I think the holes/grates above belt&link are a tad too large now.. maybe i'll scale 'm down 50uu'ish in width.. ==> Could be smaller, but there is one problem - I can't see anything throught them They could be more transparent (even something like energy fields from lea - it should fit if you choose space design).
          Lowering the floor between mini and 100 with 50uu? => so the dodge on the slant @shock is somewhat easier ==> It's not that hard to be honest Try to make it as smooth as you can, but it's not hard jump.
          Last edited by rAge.; 11-07-2016, 04:40 PM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Sorry for the annoying "please repak" post but could you "please repak"?
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

This is a remake of DM-Pure-Pro from UT3, which was made by me. Pure-Pro from UT3 was a remake of DM-1on1-Pure from UT3. I can't remember the original author because it appears as though the old UT3 forums got wiped out. That's a tragedy, since now it's impossible to track down old posts. As far as permission, you have my permission to make a remake of Pure-Pro, but as for the actual original author... you may need to seek him out if you intend to mark this as a contribution. Sorry for being such a stickler but this was a major headache when I developed Lea for UT4! and by me posting this here, I'm saving you a bit of trouble later on down the road!
              Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                First and foremost, this is a remake of a map called DM-1on1-Pure released by Sdruifos in 2008.
                Dude, srsly...it took two seconds to find your original submission to Mapraider:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search...-1on1-Pure-Pro

It's even in the README.TXT you submitted with the map!

/facepalm
                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

New version available

New version available! OP updated with url and admin info.

Code:
                  Changelog v008

recooked for new build
                  Last edited by irridium77; 11-22-2016, 02:05 PM.

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Thanks for the update!
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
                      Dude, srsly...it took two seconds to find your original submission to Mapraider:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search...-1on1-Pure-Pro

It's even in the README.TXT you submitted with the map!

/facepalm
                      Sorry, man. I had forgotten about mapraider. Thanks for finding it.
                      Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

BigUp for the update irridium77! Loaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                        LoPing
                        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

From what i read, ppl are not to discontent with the overall shape/feel/scale of the map.
                          Let's get down to nitpicking then before I texture this map?

On my list:
                          - A bit of roof struts/support/deco (nothing fancy)
                          - Give the grates above Link/Belt a better view trough them. (via forecefield or whatever)
                          - Lighting pass 1.
                          - Make DayTime => NightTime
                          - Create some accentlights/spotlights/wall sunken lights to accentuate some area's
                          - Fiddle with the walldodge from schock towards 100platform (needs to be smoother)
                          - Texture the map

I also would invite the more competitive players to have a stab at this map..
                          And record some Duel / 2v2 on this map? I'd like to analyse.

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                          Hey irridium77,
                          Good job! I really like the layout. It reminds me of some of the rocket arena maps. Simple but fun. (I can totally see this layout being a good starting point of a RA map, just tweak the height for RJ and there it is.)

Some quick thoughts:
                          - I'd suggest to make the map bigger by enlarging some of the areas. The feeling is overall the layout feels good, but the distances between important pickups are really close. For example, you grab the vest and in 3 seconds you are at the belt.
                          - I am thinking there are plenty of mid range structures in this map, so maybe when enlarging some of the areas, there could be opportunities for some longer tunneling or things like that for hitscan weapons, especially for some of the important pickups or weapons.
                          - Maybe there could be another higher level somewhere on the vest side to place the vest, or a lower level on the belt side. I feel one of the reason why everywhere feels so close is there are basically two levels and very well connected.
                          - I feel there are plenty of health packs and vials so this can support much more than just 1 on 1, not saying this is necessarily a bad thing but it does feel kinda strange when you have health everywhere.

I don't think the grate holes are really needed. That platform (and the one above it) above the link is already a very convenient place for covering the link, the belt, the 2 health packs, the jumppad direction, the lift nearby, the vest direction, and the flak, and the 2 groups of vials. And you have a wall corner by the grate. That whole place, from the link grate to the flak area, feel might be too convenient for camping around, coz all the incoming paths like the lifts or the jumppad are below you. To me, this is a bigger problem than to have smaller holes or not.

Yes the slant at the shock could be easier.

Hi Chonglee, thx for your input!
                          I agree with the most points you mentioned. But The scale feels good to me and unless there is massive protest it's staying true to the original design.
                          That line can also be pulled trough for adding extra levels and whatnot. It's not going to happen.
                          I'm staying true to the original design.

I would advise you to grab some duel games on this map.. You will see it's not easy to time everything correcty and hop around the map in such
                          a way to pick up everything in perfect sync. Same goes for the HealthPacks. 9 Vials and 5 HealtPacks. Bear in mind the Healthpacks are scattered over the map..
                          The player can almost never heal up completely by going to one spot..

Sorry Chonglee, i really enjoy your mapping works and appreciate your creative input. (you make sick stuff and give it your twist, but here i'm trying to stay true)
                          Don't get me wrong and don't let my "harsh" response to it (basically "njet") discourage you or hate on me

I will fix the slant at shock tho!!

@Migraine => Any idea where to get to Sdruifos? => All his e-mails are dead. @Mitch Mitchell => Thx for finding that!

blog | home | discord

Comment

I do feel this UT3 version seems bigger than your version:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt4MMbodUdA

But DON'T be sorry. I will probably do something similar if I were you.

You are the one who has been working on it many many hours. I can imagine all the time and energy and focus you put into it, so if you feel certain about something, just go for it.
                            [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
                              @Migraine => Any idea where to get to Sdruifos? => All his e-mails are dead.
                              In case like this, Fair Use might apply (with some conditions) or linking original work might be sufficient [this is not an advice by a lawyer].

I really hope you get this solved and eventually this map will be an official community map. It was a superb map. The map size has to be evaluated what works best with the current (and ongoing-changing) movement.
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                                I do feel this UT3 version seems bigger than your version:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt4MMbodUdA

But DON'T be sorry. I will probably do something similar if I were you.

You are the one who has been working on it many many hours. I can imagine all the time and energy and focus you put into it, so if you feel certain about something, just go for it.

Hehe, it could be it's slightly bigger.. Time will tell..
                                took away shameless bragging

I just think this design lends itsself really well for UT4 and proved to play very well in fierce combat.. (Ut3)
                                So my point is rather: why fix something that is not broken..

Re-inforcing my point above:
                                Try some of the harder trickjumps: from lift at rox wallrun towards the minigun bridge.. The walljump from 100a to the biorifle platform, the wallrun from mini to flak,
                                (the longer ones)
                                I feel like the "airtime" while doing those jumps is MORE then enough and already very calculated.. If i were to make the adjustments you proposed (scaling up the map) be aware that airtime while doing these jumps/manoeuvers will be DREADED long and will make the entire map feel slow.
                                (yes the pickups are close) but this map needs to be played fast paced.
                                @RattleSN4K3
                                yar yar yar, i'll see what i can do more to reach him
                                Last edited by irridium77; 12-11-2016, 11:33 AM.

blog | home | discord

Comment

Working...
                                X