DM-1on1-Pure-Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-1on1-Pure-Pro

Available for play on Absolute (Atlanta), Unreal Carnage, Stand Combo, UTPUGS, LoPing, Phoenix Hub and Most ESL Certified HUBS.
    Looking for feedback and creative ideas

DOWNLOAD vrc_3 HERE -> unmeshed version

Game.ini
    Code:
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Pure_vrc_3-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="http",PackageURL="absolute.team/redirects/DM-Pure_vrc_3-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="0d3b4bc2606d7aa56745f79ef631755c")
    *.json File
    Code:
    "/Game/Maps/DM-1/DM-Pure_vrc_3",
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )

Credits:
    Code:
    - Scoob {Blueprint Wizard & General awsome duder}
    - Dycerius {Lighting Champion}
    - Sd` - SirDruifus {Original Layout}
    Last edited by irridium77; 07-24-2017, 09:43 PM.
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

04/01/2017 - Update V009

First blockout pass:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by irridium77; 06-30-2017, 06:18 AM.

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

TY irridium77! And what a fast fun map this is so far! I totally enjoy the intertwining flow of the map and think it could get away with being a good 2v2 map as well.
      I played the map with 6bots for testing purposes and it played without issues.

There's just one thing I came across that felt abit off to me;

(Imo)These grates on the floor are slightly too small/tight to be effectively used during a match, if possible, maybe wide'n them up some would fix this.

Thanks again for share'n your works for us to enjoy!
      Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 10-29-2016, 03:55 PM. Reason: tested

Comment

Nice! I'll come with some detailed feedback in the next few days. First impression after just a few minutes - scale is okay, but geometry feels a little heavy.
        Last edited by rAge.; 10-29-2016, 06:20 PM.
        http://forum.unreal.pl/image.php?u=2...ine=1223384883
        Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Update!

New version available! OP updated to v006!

Code:
          Changelog v006:

widened rocket room by 100uu
          lift at rockets goes a bit faster
          lowered floor at sniper by 50uu so it's flatter when going from sniper to belt
          widened the upper ramps at mini, 100armor and bio (the slanted one), by 50uu
          lowered the dodge window do 100armor by 25uu
          added "ze little dodge block" at shock
          widened the overhang from the minigun bridge/walkway/corner over shock by 100uu
          made a change to the ramp from 25armor to minigun
          enlarged the grates above link and belt by 150x100uu
          added healthpack down the ramp at biorifle
          Made the floor at biorifle flush with the structure
          jumppad at sniper now goes higher
          added playeronly blockingvolumes to the stairs
          some stairs were re-done 'experiments'

blog | home | discord

Comment

TY kind sir!

Comment

Thanks for getting this baby in the game. Always a fun one. Played a round in it and it feels really good scale wise.

It's up and ready on the UC hub.
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Good changes mate, some feedback as I promised. Two other lifts could have the same tweak as that one near rl. I feel like the jumps are made to measure, we need to have more momentum. I think that walls are heavy and could be thinner to get more place for hitscans / combo. I never liked the path from helmet to minigun - I think higher level should be available by walldodge (as it was in original pure). It's just more smooth in my opinion.

Attached Files
                Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

[MENTION=6370]rAge.[/MENTION] Thx for your input, it's very valuable to me.
                  However. I will not incorporate all of the suggestions you made.

I will experiment with a larger/faster lift at shock/100 to get more momentum from the liftjumps.
                  The slopedodge to get from the shockstairs up on to level2 where the 100 is. (removing the little doge block in screenshot2)
                  At the other side however, the little ramp between helmet and mini will stay.

The bridges spanning to the tower and in between pillars in your last screenshot i'd like to keep that thick (they block sniper to the other side a bit better imo) and you don't really thump your head there.. you can freely jump.
                  As for the biorifle's spot. If i make it that big that will allow for even more shock/sniper dominance then there already is in this map..

The slant/wallrun you proposed in the 1st screenshot i kinda like.. But i'm not sure as in how much gymnastics i want to allow in such small map.
                  Besides you can already reach the bridge by liftdodge or loftdodge>walljump even..

@UT3 players
                  A question to the people who have played the map in UT3.. was this possible?

Changes mentioned above can be expected + blockingvolumes for the stairs in v007 (Friday/Saturday)
                  Attached Files

blog | home | discord

Comment

Have you got non-linear lifts? They help a lot if you want large lift jumps for short lifts.
                    :|

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
                      The bridges spanning to the tower and in between pillars in your last screenshot i'd like to keep that thick (they block sniper to the other side a bit better imo) [...]
                      As for the biorifle's spot. If i make it that big that will allow for even more shock/sniper dominance then there already is in this map..
                      Well, Pure was always dominated by hitscan/combo (+rl) and it's rather advantage than something to change. It gives this map unique aggressive gameplay and deck-like DNA. Both versions in ut3 were hitscan friendly [ok I'm not sure about pure-pro ] (and in my opinion, ut3 was more hitscan / combo than ut4 already is). There you can see how much room we had for sniper shots (12:22 2x hs on amone). https://youtu.be/kSOYL7UbKRM?t=12m22s

and you don't really thump your head there.. you can freely jump.
                      Try with jump+walldodge (I often use it to move across the map)

@UT3 players
                      A question to the people who have played the map in UT3.. was this possible?
                      Probably not, at least I never saw it (but looks like something worth try).

ps. I am seriously glad that you decided to remake this map. In my opinion it's one of the most underrated maps in ut history. So many players never played this, because it started to be popular in the late state of ut3. In my personal ranking it's one of the top 3 maps. It's a chance for the second, better life
                      Last edited by rAge.; 11-03-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Amazing work my friend ! Uploaded on UTA Hub server

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Okay, instantly one of the most fun maps in the game. Layout definitely stands the test of time.

Always fun for FFA too...

Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Update!

New version available! OP updated with url and admin info.

Code:
                            Changelog v007

tweaked lift at shockrifle, it's 0.35s faster and 50uu wider
                            removed 'dodge block' at shockrifle, added a slanted surface instead 'wip'
                            sniper jumppad goes even higher enabling the route to the slanted area at biorifle
                            biorifle area is opened up by 50uu, using space from the columns
                            blocked off decorative area above biorifle
                            moved the 100 25uu towards the sniper so there is slightly more player exposure
                            blockingvolumes block projectiles now
                            cleaned up more BSP & other minor adjustments

blog | home | discord

Comment

Thank you kind sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X