DM-1on1-reContact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-1on1-reContact

Hi gamers, this is my first attempt on creating maps for UT4. Since the beginning of UT i always loved DM-Contact. You can consider this a loose adaption inspired from the original and the remakes that have followed. Since i am a beginner in leveldesign i would appreciate some feedback.

You can download the pack here. If you like to use this map on your server please post where we can play it

Attached Files

Yeah, well... you know what would be grreeeaat ? Yeah, well, it would be great if ahh, you could go on and put some lights in there ? Yeaaaahh
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
      Yeah, well... you know what would be grreeeaat ? Yeah, well, it would be great if ahh, you could go on and put some lights in there ? Yeaaaahh
      thought about that too. maybe my display is very bright or the universe is much too dark btw there are many lights in the level but i have to set them brighter. on the other side it is more atmospheric to keep it dark. lets try...

Comment

Oh my.. BiGUp nosling for reviving/revamping this love-to-hate map for us to try out! I do agree with Raste about the lighting but I'll give it a go nonetheless!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

please tell me if it is to dark while playing... maybe its only the screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
            Oh my.. BiGUp nosling for reviving/revamping this love-to-hate map for us to try out! I do agree with Raste about the lighting but I'll give it a go nonetheless!
            love-to-hate hehe.... yeah thats the point of this beautiful layout

Comment

Yup, it needs work on the lighting.

Very dark indeed.

Check the blocking volumes on the left/right sides of the lifts, you can walk through them.
              1. The bunny track pads leading to the shield shown in Red could do with abit more width.
              2. Most of the walkways feel very restrictive. Defaulting the path width like the one shown in Yellow would do nicely.
              3. The map felt somewhat elongated, shrinking it down some as shown in Green could fix this.

Lastly, the shock rifle placement is a shock rifle fans dream come true-offbalancing the map, consider swapping it with an enforcer pistol and don't forget the ammo pickups.
              Overall I find you did a pretty neat job of reworking the original! I hope this helps you out some & Keep it Up!
              LoPing

Comment

thanks for your feedback. i will think about the issues.

Comment

Love it but as it said, need to work on the light

Comment

i have updated the pack file. the overall light is a bit brighter now. since i want to preserve the atmosphere it needs small steps to fit the lighting to the different displays. i dont want it to be too much please check it out while i am doing some small changes to the passage lights for the next version.

Comment

just uploaded v1.3 with better lighting and some detail changes on tube grate. hope you like it... enjoy! if you host this map on a public server please let me know so we can play around a bit.

Attached Files

Comment

hate to burst your bubble but your going to have to recook for todays Update/Build! ... seems non of the previous maps show on servers unless you recook atm!
                        http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                        http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

ok, will do... thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

v1.4 updated for the new build 2016-11-10

Comment

BigUp for the update nosling! Locked & Loaded onto the LoPing.
                              Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-29-2016, 01:29 PM. Reason: Loaded
                              LoPing

Comment

Working...
                              X