Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF/DM - Grendelkeep

Hello all,
    So I started this map a little over a year ago (you may have seen the shell version played in PUGs). I only started meshing it out this past May and have spent the last several months on it.

Being that I hope the map to be competitive, I tried to focus a lot of attention on optimizing the frames as much as possible. I would have loved to push the visuals further, but I decided to leave it at this current stage in the hopes of having something that looks decent but plays very well (without folks having to go back to the shell version...**fingers crossed**)

DM and CTF versions have been uploaded. And there's nothing more to say since this is a pretty popular map from UT2K4.

FYI (I'm not original author, this is a remake of an Unreal Tournament 2004 Stock map)
    After Pistola, and now this, I'm pretty much going to focus my attention on working on my maps (keep an eye out). Hopefully before a year from now!!!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

DL: DM-GrendelKeep
    DL: CTF-GrendelKeep

Cheers.
    Last edited by jayoplus; 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM. Reason: Update
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

So freaking awesome to see this Jayo. Looks gorgeous. Will be putting it up on the Hub shortly!
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Uploading to Unreal Pugs France MAIN as we speak
      Map looks amazing!

Comment

Hello Jayo, we love this map so much - are you able to release a shell version of it too?

be much appreciated.

Comment

Nice work. Every pug starts with this map. Pugs just got better. Not that we pug anymore.
          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Looks really good, will definitely try it out this weekend.
            PayBack
            Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
            Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
            UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
            UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

BiGUp for the recook jayo_! Really commendable update! Locked back onto the LoPing.
              Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-23-2016, 11:26 PM. Reason: Reloaded.

Comment

This is amazing. Good work! Any thoughts about putting it on the UT Marketplace so it will be easily accesible by any player?

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

Originally posted by Demolution View Post
                  Hello Jayo, we love this map so much - are you able to release a shell version of it too?
                  be much appreciated.
                  Hey Demolution, there is already a shell version out there currently. I'm sure anyone in the UT4Pugs channel on discord can get it to you :-)

Originally posted by naaaateeee View Post
                  This is amazing. Good work! Any thoughts about putting it on the UT Marketplace so it will be easily accesible by any player?
                  Hello naaaateeee, I don't have any control over that unfortunately. There's still a bit of work and cleanup to be done on the map before I would consider it marketplace ready anyway.

Thanks to a few people who have gotten back to me on discord, there are some obvious holes and kinks that have been discovered and I will be fixing those issues for another release sometime in the coming week.

Thanks again for the comments and hope you're all having a good time ^_^

Cheers.
                  MyArtstation
                  @jayoplus

Comment

Hi
                    Good job and i realy like your map. When you look your first picture you see the archway on the right side. There you can fall out through map on the wall on the left side. Also min 90% of players say that they cant see players well, maybe you can make it a bit brighter (DM Version).

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                      Hi
                      Good job and i realy like your map. When you look your first picture you see the archway on the right side. There you can fall out through map on the wall on the left side. Also min 90% of players say that they cant see players well, maybe you can make it a bit brighter (DM Version).

Thx
                      Hey thanks [PHX]Big_Deal.
                      Yea, I was alerted to the missing blocking volume on that wall last week. I have already fixed it. I'm just fixing a few other things (as well as brightening up the map some more) for the next update.

I'm just trying to avoid having to release updates every week or so :-)

Thanks again :-)
                      MyArtstation
                      @jayoplus

Comment

hi jayo, is your map alrdy updated? or u still have to post ur update?
                        Visit our website unreal-battles.net
                        Join the
                        European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

You Louge can Updatet your Map Command to a normal CTF Map

Comment

Hello and Happy New Year all!
                            I have just updated both map files above.
                            Changelist pretty much includes a lot of lighting tweaks and fixes for all the blocking volume errors (I am pretty sure I've got them all this time).

Thanks for all the patience...

Cheers

**** Download files in first post ****
                            MyArtstation
                            @jayoplus

Comment

All the best to you and yours as well! BiGUp for the update!

Comment

Working...
                              X