Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Helicoil

CTF-Helicoil

Small aerial CTF map (re-imagined from itspredecessor "Helicoil 3" from UT3) for an ideal player count of 2 - 6.

Overview:

Picture above shows current WIP state.

The Setting / Description:

As each Helicoil release has had its very own setting, this time for UT4 I chose the medieval scenery.

Deep below the ancient ruins of the old Fort Barricade the Liandri Corp. began to frack for oil as they punctured a natural gas field. The explosion scattered huge fragments of the ruins all up in the sky. Due to the low gravitation on the planet, the fragments remained levitating in the air.

The Layout:

As in the old ones, you have a small, three-level team-base for both teams and a bigger center platform in the middle. The connection between the bases - as the map is aerial - is realized using jumppad-pathes. In the final version there will be three possible pathes (main) with the outer ones of them having a junction each later (so we have 5 ways to the middle per team).

As most of you may panic that this map should be a sniper/shock heaven: Don't worry. The important aerial parts are covered to maintain a good gameplay and prevent being sniped/shocked into the abyss. The additional fog raising from the ground adds a big plus as a sniper protection.

The green lines show the two currently working pathes as the pink one is not yet accessible.

The meshes:

As I re-started creating the static meshes for the map, this one here is a piece of wall I finished, so you get a hint of what the overall look will be like:

Additional screenshot (just for the athmo):

The lightning is all experimental as I am trying alot with the new engines possibilities.
    Attached Files
    3D Artist, Mapper, Modder
    XLR8 Mod for UT4

Reminds me of CTF-CannonFodder2, a super-cool custom map for UT2004. You may want to check it out for inspiration:
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal...-CannonFodder2
    DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
    My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
    My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Indeed has a touch of the same setting, although my is not a "caribbean" setting - but you are right, it has some sort of same touch.

Maybe I should/will try a more daylight setting for helicoil as a tryout
      XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

It looks like one of those woot maps from UT99.
        Same game-play.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

actually the map already existed in ut99, as I created the original one there good ol memories!
          XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

Originally posted by dr_vannacut View Post
            actually the map already existed in ut99, as I created the original one there good ol memories!
            Does it have the same name? Or where can I find it?
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Yes, it does have had the same name.

CTF-Helicoil (UT99)
              CTF-Helicoil (UT2003)
              CTF-Helicoil2 (UT2004)
              CTF-Helicoil3 (UT3)

though I cannot find UT99-2004 versions online anymore I would have to search on my local storages at home. The Helicoil3 Map is still available http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads..._CTF-Helicoil3
              XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

It's bummer that I can't find the UT99 version any more, as well.
                Good luck finishing your current project.

Comment

thanks man. currently I am reworking all static meshes to achieve better visuals. but first I focus on my xlr8 mod
                  XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

Working...
                  X