Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT4 1on1 Chamber (WIP)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT4 1on1 Chamber (WIP)

    Ok so here is both my initial experiences with the tech and the blockmesh phase of my level called Chamber.









    Here is Episode 6 of Castle Does where I build the level and talk about its design.
    http://youtu.be/TkEnWLIZhac

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Castle; 05-22-2014, 03:00 PM.
    - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
    Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
    Twitter: @zZCastleZz

    #2
    Originally posted by Castle View Post
    Ok so here is both my initial experiences with the tech and the blockmesh phase of my level called Chamber.

    http://youtu.be/TkEnWLIZhac

    Enjoy!
    It's awesome that your working on a map. Kudos to you, but seperate dev work from showing off the map into two different videos imo. Not trying to come off mean, but when I preview a map, like in YouTube, I really don't care how it was made and just want to see it. However, others may like the learning portion of it and enjoy it as well.

    Other than that. Keep it up dude.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NameTaken33 View Post
      It's awesome that your working on a map. Kudos to you, but seperate dev work from showing off the map into two different videos imo. Not trying to come off mean, but when I preview a map, like in YouTube, I really don't care how it was made and just want to see it. However, others may like the learning portion of it and enjoy it as well.

      Other than that. Keep it up dude.
      Oh yeah I didn't think about that. What I will do from now on is put screen shots up on imgur and post those here then offer the link to show the castle does show. That way you can just see the map.
      - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
      Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
      Twitter: @zZCastleZz

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Castle View Post
        Oh yeah I didn't think about that. What I will do from now on is put screen shots up on imgur and post those here then offer the link to show the castle does show. That way you can just see the map.
        Awesomes. from the few bits I did see it looks good. I like that it's lit up pretty well and not too dark and gloomy like UT3 was.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NameTaken33 View Post
          Awesomes. from the few bits I did see it looks good. I like that it's lit up pretty well and not too dark and gloomy like UT3 was.
          My current plan is to make it look like a Portal test chamber with very clean visual aesthetics. Like the geometry was created for the specific purpose of death match. Even lighting will be a big part of that.
          - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
          Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
          Twitter: @zZCastleZz

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Castle View Post
            My current plan is to make it look like a Portal test chamber with very clean visual aesthetics. Like the geometry was created for the specific purpose of death match. Even lighting will be a big part of that.
            Nice. Keep it up dude. I'm still waiting on computer parts so I can fire UE4 up and start remaking Coret. Thinking about making it similar to the way mirrors edge did their textures, lighting, and geometry instead of grungy like the UT3 version.

            Comment


              #7
              No mate what the hell, keep doing these videos, I wish it actually lasted longer
              For the moment, I don't have the engine yet, but seeing someone creating something from scratch is awesome; and the pencil tool is literally WOW

              I like the idea of the "arena stadium" with tribunes and people watching And the layout is pretty simple and direct, like
              Thanks for the vid mate, also... FINALLY I SEE SOMEONE USING THE ORTOGRAPHIC VIEWS IN THE ENGINE

              Comment


                #8
                Your initial layout looks great, nice work in the editor too!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Initial layout looks great indeed. I can picture myself playing the final version!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Does anyone know when Epic plans to release a build of UT4 that will have basic things such as player movement and such?
                    - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
                    Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
                    Twitter: @zZCastleZz

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Player movement is already available, check GitHub.
                      There should also be a Flak Cannon prototype by Nick Donaldson.

                      Good job btw, it reminds of a nice classic arena-style map - and thanks for the nice insight on UE4's UnrealEd (didn't buy it yet, have no resources to right now, but hopefully soon). You should post more videos like that, it's always interesting to see a map evolve!
                      S l y .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        At last someone who gets how to design layout for arena shooter .
                        Unofficial Enforcer Model
                        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                          Player movement is already available, check GitHub.
                          There should also be a Flak Cannon prototype by Nick Donaldson.

                          Good job btw, it reminds of a nice classic arena-style map - and thanks for the nice insight on UE4's UnrealEd (didn't buy it yet, have no resources to right now, but hopefully soon). You should post more videos like that, it's always interesting to see a map evolve!
                          I keep seeing GitHub mentioned but i am not sure how to access UT4. Ill have to take a better look at GitHub maybe.
                          - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
                          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
                          Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
                          Twitter: @zZCastleZz

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Castle View Post
                            I keep seeing GitHub mentioned but i am not sure how to access UT4. Ill have to take a better look at GitHub maybe.
                            Thanks alot for that video. Good to see.

                            map looks like it will be fun.

                            for git:

                            https://www.unrealengine.com/settings <-- put your github username there

                            https://github.com/EpicGames <-- then go there, and you can either clone it or just download the .zip, then open the project file.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                              Thanks alot for that video. Good to see.

                              map looks like it will be fun.

                              for git:

                              https://www.unrealengine.com/settings <-- put your github username there

                              https://github.com/EpicGames <-- then go there, and you can either clone it or just download the .zip, then open the project file.
                              Thanks so much for this info Raxxy!
                              - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
                              YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
                              Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
                              Twitter: @zZCastleZz

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X