Clear All

DM-Delta (Release 2)

Download: GoogleDrive
    Players: 6 – 10
    Version: Release 2
    Compatibility: UE 4.15
    Released: 23-02-2017
    Story / Histoire:

The first groundwater extraction station in the Delta sector operated by Liandri. For reasons that are still unknown, Liandri canceled the commissioning of this station. However, it remains available for the organization of tournaments.

La première station d’extraction des eaux souterraines du secteur Delta exploité par Liandri. Pour des raisons qui demeure encore inconnues, Liandri s’est vu annuler la mise en service de cette station. Toutefois, elle demeure disponible pour l’organisation de tournois.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Details:

Delta is my first map for UT4 I was interested to play with the UE4 features and see what I could come up with. In the contrary to my previous UT3 maps, I didn’t had a layout in mind so my goal was to build something that look nice and fun to play. A simple FFA map if you like

Dev:

Final 1.0

- Rebuild for the march build in the final section, right here, yééé!

Release 2

- Modified the BV around the jumpad near the helmet pickup.
    - Add BV to the 2 turbines in front of the helmet pickup.
    - Boost sun brightness.
    - Remade preview pic.
    - File size is 30MB smaller! THX to UE 4.15 pack compression

Release 1 is a complete one. Meshing, lighting, music, sounds, blocking volume, collisions, story, preview pic are done. I’m interested about issues or exploits and maybe pickup placement suggestions. The first HUB that have the map is Unreal Carnage and I hope you will have fun playing it
    Last edited by Stevelois; 03-29-2017, 01:50 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

This looks awesome

Comment

Very nice, i've gone and added it to our Hubs and Servers in NL, DE and US, just now. This map looks awesome man, i will play it later tonight for sure, 9-10 hours from now or so (maybe a bit earlier).
      Also thanks for choosing the PlayUnreal redirect
      Pro 2 Play Community Website @ https://www.pro2play.com/
      UT4 Server/Hub Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php
      UT3 Server Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut3/serverguide.php
      Need help? Join Discord Chat @ https://discord.gg/ETv384q

Comment

finaly some good looking map, I mean really good, ambient, light, not overdetailed.... this is how new ut should look.... Epic please take a look of this...

Comment

Very nice looking map indeed! Merci for the post Stevelois! Loaded & Locked onto the LoPing.
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 12-16-2016, 02:33 PM. Reason: Loaded
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Phenomenal meshing Stevelois! Your hard work shows through because the map looks absolutely beautiful! Great detail work, especially the piping, and the hero piece designs are also outstanding. The stone area really stood out since it isn't seen much combined with Outpost 23 assets. As for layout, the minimap was a bit confusing at first looking like a big rectangle, but I figured that was probably because of the top and bottom areas stacked together. After a few runs it got easier to navigate and remember weapon placements, due to the remorable detail and hero pieces. It took me awhile to learn the paths, like I knew where I wanted to go but it was hard figuring out how to get there. But I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem after I play the map more. Fantastic work!
            Email: hanwaylin@gmail.com
            Maps: DM-Hollow (WIP)

Comment

The lighting on this map is incredible, you did a great job with it!

I would recommend revisiting the blocking volumes because there are a lot of pieces or columns sticking out of the walls that players can get stuck on. Otherwise excellent work!
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Looks awesome on screenshots but does it works with the latest build? I've put it in c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks\ and is not showing up in DM or custom.

Comment

[MENTION=9510]LAcy[/MENTION] put downloaded custom maps here: c:/Users/Admin/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks/DownloadedPaks
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                    [MENTION=9510]LAcy[/MENTION] put downloaded custom maps here: c:/Users/Admin/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks/DownloadedPaks
                    Thx. Silly me, it was visible when is Program files, just missed because doesn't have DM in the name. Just Delta R1

Awesome map!

Comment

Hi, very nice map, thanks for all the effort put into this.

Looks very good also on Lowest settings. FPS performance is not bad either.

I also vote for the blocking volume revisiting. Please keep in mind that wallrun is currently one of fastest ways of transport, therefore making walls as smooth as possible is a good practice from my point of view.

Also if you dodge into this jumppad in certain way, you can bump your head from the bottom of the upper platform and be thrown back down onto the jump-pad and so on cyclically.

Comment

Originally posted by master94ga View Post
                        This looks awesome
                        THX

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                        Very nice, i've gone and added it to our Hubs and Servers in NL, DE and US, just now. This map looks awesome man, i will play it later tonight for sure, 9-10 hours from now or so (maybe a bit earlier).
                        Also thanks for choosing the PlayUnreal redirect
                        THX bud

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                        finaly some good looking map, I mean really good, ambient, light, not overdetailed.... this is how new ut should look.... Epic please take a look of this...
                        THX

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                        Very nice looking map indeed! Merci for the post Stevelois! Loaded & Locked onto the LoPing.
                        THX m8

Originally posted by Hanway Lin View Post
                        Phenomenal meshing Stevelois! Your hard work shows through because the map looks absolutely beautiful! Great detail work, especially the piping, and the hero piece designs are also outstanding. The stone area really stood out since it isn't seen much combined with Outpost 23 assets. As for layout, the minimap was a bit confusing at first looking like a big rectangle, but I figured that was probably because of the top and bottom areas stacked together. After a few runs it got easier to navigate and remember weapon placements, due to the remorable detail and hero pieces. It took me awhile to learn the paths, like I knew where I wanted to go but it was hard figuring out how to get there. But I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem after I play the map more. Fantastic work!
                        THX The layout is pretty simple so after few rounds, it's very easy to move around

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                        The lighting on this map is incredible, you did a great job with it!

I would recommend revisiting the blocking volumes because there are a lot of pieces or columns sticking out of the walls that players can get stuck on. Otherwise excellent work!
                        THX

Can you plz provide pics where BV is an issue. I spend a lot of time on BV and there is only 1 spot I forget to add some and it's on the turbine sticking out in front of the helmet pickup. You can see the turbine I'm referring to in the pic quoted in this post.

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
                        Looks awesome on screenshots but does it works with the latest build?
                        THX and yep, it work with 4.14.0.

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                        Hi, very nice map, thanks for all the effort put into this.

Looks very good also on Lowest settings. FPS performance is not bad either.

I also vote for the blocking volume revisiting. Please keep in mind that wallrun is currently one of fastest ways of transport, therefore making walls as smooth as possible is a good practice from my point of view.

Also if you dodge into this jumppad in certain way, you can bump your head from the bottom of the upper platform and be thrown back down onto the jump-pad and so on cyclically.
                        THX

I spend a considerable time cutting details and culling meshes individually so that it perform well on low end pc's.

Again, for BV, I would appreciate you provide pic where collision is problematic so I could adjust the BV's.

I'll adjust the jumpad landing spot for the next release.
                        Stevie's corner
                        Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                        Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Just played this map, exited from the game and a new post here

Comment

Played it a few times, I think it's a fantastic DM map both in terms of visuals and in terms of gameplay, lots of verticality which is fun, might record a video of some gameplay on it and post it back here
                            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

We played this map in a 4v4 elimination, the map itself is good and is very enjoyable, the main problem is the size that is enormous (400mb more or less) and also we found a bug that you can see in the video.

Last edited by master94ga; 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X