Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Claw

Hello All,

I began working on this new CTF map about a month ago and have been getting some feedback on discord so far.
    I feel like it was to a good enough point (in the layouts) to get it out and have some more plays on it.

This will be my next project (and first non-remake) so I hope it will be fun ^_^

Will post wip shots from time to time but looking forward to the feedback.

Cheers

DOWNLOAD | Version: a03
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Awesome, join up and pug it with us soon!

As far as feedback, I ran around for a bit offline with bots. Cant really tell much more without playing it.

-The middle is too dark, I dont have a problem seeing players I just dont like that I cant see the details in the terrain very well. It makes it harder to orientate yourself when you cant easily distinguish surroundings.
    -The boxes in the bases make the bases feel cramped.
    -The jump boots are OP in this map. Get the jump boots, get the flag, jump to roof, jump across mid roof to roof, jump into base, cap instantly.
    -Im not a fan of one side of the base having a lift to the other levels but the other side not. Put lifts on both sides.
    PayBack
    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

pics .
      CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
        Awesome, join up and pug it with us soon!

As far as feedback, I ran around for a bit offline with bots. Cant really tell much more without playing to.

-The middle is too dark, I dont have a problem seeing players I just dont like that I cant see the details in the terrain very well. It makes it harder to orientate yourself when you cant easily distinguish surroundings.
        -The boxes in the bases make the bases feel cramped.
        -The jump boots are OP in this map. Get the jump boots, get the flag, jump to roof, jump across mid roof to roof, jump into base, cap instantly.
        -Im not a fan of one side of the base having a lift to the other levels but the other side not. Put lifts on both sides.
        Hey PayBack,
        Thanks man... I've actually changed the map a fair bit since the version you're referring it.
        I have removed the terrain and reworked the mid of the map to be bigger. The thing is a lot of weapons in the game have so much splash damage and I want this to have a pretty open mid (with some cover) so I think this current version may serve that purpose.
        I have also made it so there's only one each of the jump boots, amp and keg (although I am really considering removing the keg for a belt) so I think that should make picking up the boots more of a thing to fight over.
        Also I've removed a lot of the cover in the bases, but I do still want to have some.

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
        pics .
        It's just a shell atm, which is why I haven't posted any pics... It is a small enough file where the download should only take a few seconds if you want to check it out :-)
        MyArtstation
        @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayo_ View Post
          Hey PayBack,
          Thanks man... I've actually changed the map a fair bit since the version you're referring it.
          I have removed the terrain and reworked the mid of the map to be bigger. The thing is a lot of weapons in the game have so much splash damage and I want this to have a pretty open mid (with some cover) so I think this current version may serve that purpose.
          I have also made it so there's only one each of the jump boots, amp and keg (although I am really considering removing the keg for a belt) so I think that should make picking up the boots more of a thing to fight over.
          Also I've removed a lot of the cover in the bases, but I do still want to have some.

It's just a shell atm, which is why I haven't posted any pics... It is a small enough file where the download should only take a few seconds if you want to check it out :-)
          I was actually referring to this version of the map. This middle still feels too dark, I would just ad a a non shadow big point point with a low intensity in the middle of it, juts to bring up the level of detail visible a tiny bit. I feel a disconnect with the ground and certain walls due to low detail visibility. I like the belt over keg idea. Maps definitely got potential.

Also the feedback you get here is going to be very limited, as you can see most wont even bother downloading a map so the only feedback you generally get is by them glancing at the pictures. Get your *** on Discord and pug up a few times, will get loads of quality feedback.
          PayBack
          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Working...
          X