Echo - Duel/DM map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EmreUnreal View Post
    Hi Fjaru, Echo is an awesome map. One of my favorite. Thanks for the map and respect to your work. But i think this map should be better in night time or with more darkness. Maybe you can do another night time version of the map. Also i cant find the way to pick up a secret sniper riffle in other island in this map. İs it possible to pick up that?
    I dont have any plans to make the map night time or make a night time version of the map right now, its a lot of work for something thats only a visual thing. Having the map be daylight allows me to only have the sky as a light source which makes working on the map faster.

Comment

New version is available which is compatible with the 17-03-28 game patch.

Comment

Thank you kind sir!

Comment

I really like this map for 1v1 games. The center area feels alot more open and flexible (than Mimic) and it's scaled well for the current gameplay. Fantastic work around bio/rox/flak/25! One thing I thought might be an improvement is to take the 3 sets of 4 vials and split them into 4 sets of 3 vials, adding a set in the camp spot above flak spawn and moving the vials between 100 and shock to the piping above shock. That way you'd have a set of vials nearby each of the armors.

Also maybe it's just me but the lift underneath sniper feels faster than the others...maybe just because it's shorter?
          Last edited by burawura; 04-15-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

New compatible version is up! (b4)

Comment

Thank you Fjaru!

Comment

I uploaded an experimental "XL" version that might work for 2v2 tdm or elimination.

Comment

It works alright! BiGUp for the XL Fjaru!

Comment

Heres an update on some progress on the map

- I fixed the lifts so that they move at a non-linear curve, this makes lift jumping more consistant
                    - Adjusted dps of radioactive areas, you take less damage when you are closer to the play area, more damage when you get further out
                    - New slope jump from belt pit to belt platform
                    - New jump pad in armor pit
                    - Less vials
                    - Less armor for shock and sniper
                    - Adjusted collision through the map including slope jumps
                    - New materials and lightning
                    - Replaced bio rifle with grenade launcher
                    - New box in grenade launcher room allows for some partial cover
                    - Marmuck has gone into hiding (he will return)

Next version (b5) will be released when next UT game update is released.
                    Last edited by Fjaru; 05-12-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I really like the art style you are goind with this map

Comment

Nice progress Fjaru! Good idea on reserving the update for the next build, as both versions are well recieved as is! Keep it up!

Comment

New version is out.

Comment

Working...
                          X