Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] UT99 Ported Classic CTF(all) + DM Maps + Mutators

UT99 Ported Classic CTF(all) + DM Maps
    For pure nostalgia: here are the straight & restored CTF and DM map ports from UT99 & U1 for UT(4), which means the maps try to be as close as possible to the original with the same layout, textures, animated water, sounds, meshes, screenshots and traps! Blocking volumes are added as well to prevent players from being stuck on stairs for example. You can try them out on the UnrealCarnage Hub! All original authors are credited as author in the level info. So far a lot of people have enjoyed hopping around the old maps again, so I hope you will too! You can run this in combination with the U1 Pickups, UT99 Pickups & UT99 Flag mutators for even more nostalgia ! Also special thanks to @Ϣίητεѓ for making the UT4 Converter and helping me solve some issues!

Download latest versions here (don't link to these files):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1U2TW04VndpZms

Screenshots:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	UT99CTFMapUT42.jpg Views:	1 Size:	517.7 KB ID:	390067

Click image for larger version

Name:	DMSSSheet7_1024.png
Views:	1
Size:	568.3 KB
ID:	401474

Click image for larger version  Name:	U1Pickups.png Views:	2 Size:	671.5 KB ID:	390073Click image for larger version  Name:	UT99Pickups.png Views:	2 Size:	576.7 KB ID:	390074Click image for larger version  Name:	UT99FlagReplace.png Views:	2 Size:	517.4 KB ID:	390075

How to install:
    Save it in "YourUserName"\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks and it should show up in Unreal Tournament.

Maplist & Redirect references for server admins:

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Metalfist; 07-21-2018, 05:37 AM.
    -Fn>Metalfist
    ---------------------
    CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Its awesome to have the good old maps back in such quality, thank you very much I checked some of them out and it feels like playing UT99. Original layout, textures and music, its really exciting.
    Some materials could be improved a little bit (reflection, normal-maps etc) but anyway its really well done, keep up the good work
    http://uteditor.de/gfx/banner/uteditor_de_88x31.png :: My UT3 maps :: German UT3 mapping tutorials :: UT Art :: current UT4 map WIP ::

Comment

These are fantastic! I think if the textures and meshes were updated it would give the veterans their nostalgia trip and make the maps a tad more impressive for people new to the franchise. Great work everyone!

Comment

Nice job! Thank you!
        PayBack
        Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

I don't see Peak on that list. That was my first experience with UT99.

W.I.P.s
          DM-Containers

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl3D View Post
            I don't see Peak on that list. That was my first experience with UT99.
            These are Capture the Flag maps. Peak is a Deathmatch map
            -Fn>Metalfist
            ---------------------
            CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
              These are Capture the Flag maps. Peak is a Deathmatch map
              Are you planning to do the same with Deathmatch?
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

very Very nice
                "LET'S MAKE SOME GIANT MAP REMAKES"

Comment

Hi, I tried Orbital and Lava Gigant so far and both are pretty choppy. Most noticable on sounds. Not sure, what is going on. My laptop is kind od low-end, but other maps don't run that bad - even fully meshed ones. These two maps also feel extremely huge compared to modern ones.

Comment

[MENTION=677]MΛuL[/MENTION] : I don't think I have the time to port a lot of DM maps anytime soon, but I have already released some DM ports as you can see in the download link.
                    [MENTION=121437]Rainmaker_CZ[/MENTION] : I have no clue what is wrong, maybe you have a corrupted version or maybe there is some dynamic light by accident idk. Maybe you can try re-downloading and if its still occurring post a video (if its in a certain area or not)? I tested the maps on my low end laptop and it ran at a steady 30 FPS with Textures set to high, then I tried the new UT4 CTF-Face with Textures on low and it was unplayable at 11 FPS. This was tested on a laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M/GeForce GT540M/4GB RAM/Win 7.
                    -Fn>Metalfist
                    ---------------------

Comment

I would love to check this out and see how accurate it is to the original maps, but sadly the devs still haven't fixed the problem with the broken custom textures on the Mac version.
                      Last edited by Skerion; 01-18-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Now I wish that someone will remake some of these maps... And I mean a complete overhaul, not just a port (like the new CTF-Face)
                        I'd love to see some UT99 maps remade here!
                        CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Loaded up Agony. Looks very small and tight, but I have to say after playing the bots for a while, I quite enjoyed it. My only crit would be that the lighting is too even overall. Like an early shooter.

W.I.P.s
                          DM-Containers

Comment

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
                            Now I wish that someone will remake some of these maps... And I mean a complete overhaul, not just a port (like the new CTF-Face)
                            I'd love to see some UT99 maps remade here!
                            Are you saying you'd like to see UT99 maps with updated meshes and textures?

Comment

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                              Are you saying you'd like to see UT99 maps with updated meshes and textures?
                              Exactly....
                              CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X