UT99 Ported Classic CTF + DM Maps + Mutators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Great to see these back in rotation! Thanks for the recooks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated to new build + updated redirect ref/maplist. Added the DM maps and Mutators + screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you very, very much for bringing these maps to UT4 and for all your time to re-bake them for each release.

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Highly appreciated recooks Metalfist!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated to new build + all the infos.
    And special thanks to Cafe for the batch cook script!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Highly appreciated recooks Metalfist!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is as close as possible as the original UT99 one, so it is. All the original textures (masked and animated textures), meshes (incl. ceiling fans), sounds/music, moving light, blocking volumes and water overlay etc. is in there as well.
    It's up to you if you would want to stop/continue working on it, but I don't see much use if it is the exact same thing, unless you are going full (HD) remake on it with fancy meshes and more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not mind me asking is ur CTF-november same layout as the ones im curretnly working on www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/showthread.php?17340-Beta-Release-WIP-CTF-November-Collection-Updated-12-10-15 ? if so has every thing been imported like ceiling fans for example if so shall i stop working on the ones im currently editing or jsut carry on ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=14237]emc.clark.kent[/MENTION] I recooked the maps and they are up! Check the mirror link as the PU link is down atm and replace the redirectreferences with your own redirect link!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=14237]emc.clark.kent[/MENTION] yes I will be recooking these, but haven't had time to do so yet. That's why you only see the mutators and nyandeemer recooked atm. Don't worry, they will come asap!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Metalfist - are you recooking the maps because I didn't see any DL link for the maps? Would love to get Epicboy, Orbital and Coret on my server a.s.a.p. The new release of UT4 plays pretty well, better than that last release did for sure. I hope you will update the DL & Redirects too soon. Please ping me on Discord when that gets updated and I will spread the word.

emc.clark

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by code187 View Post
    This i think is what people want , not a port but a proper from scratch remake, like the devs did with decktest.
    Yes, to me that is what makes most sense, but takes also the longest to make happen. The obvious pitfall would be to end up with all the ported maps filled with outpost 23 meshes... that would be a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This i think is what people want , not a port but a proper from scratch remake, like the devs did with decktest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats great to hear Raste, your work on Hydraulics is awesome and I look forward to playing it, and your chosen UT99 map also. Not being versed in the creative side of gaming I have no idea how much work refreshing the old maps would be. Although I understand it would not be an easy task. I appreciate the hard work undertaken by all the map creators. Thanks to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Refreshing old maps rather than porting them is tricky because the players will be super picky as you are redesigning their memories of these maps. It sure is interesting to take an old map and see how it could be looking with modern graphics though.

Redesigning these will require a ton of new meshes, and people who can make meshes from scratch are usually busy working on new unique content. If I ever finish Hydraulics, I will take care of refreshing one map (already chosen, yes it is a secret)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X