• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Citadel-Shell

Last Date Updated: 2/18/2017
    Updated Download Link (DM-Citadel V3):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/afku2ov400...ditor.pak?dl=0

I agree that this content constitutes a submission under the Unreal Engine EULA [https://www.unrealengine.com/eula]

Hey everyone, excited to start on my second map. DM-Citadel is going to be a medieval themed map.

DM-Citadel will consist of close to medium quarter combat with only few areas that are suited for long distance combat. Most weapons are placed around the outskirts of DM-Citadel with most power ups and health packs being placed in the center area of the map.

Below I posted some pictures of the map so everyone can get a look at the shell of the map. I am looking for players to play test the shell version of this map and it would be awesome to get some feedback!

(DM-Citadel-V4) Update Changes as of 2/26/2017
    -Changed the center ramp of the +100 Armor room. Timing issues fixed, if player uses the center ramp, they can get the armor faster than using the side ramps.
    -Increased ramp in Z-Axis by 50 meters in the center room. Makes it easier for players to trick jump on the the bridges to grab shield belt.
    -Removed the x2 25 health packs near the Link Gun. Heath packs in the center room were too close.
    -Added walls around the Redeemer, this makes it harder for players to get the weapon and adds a risk/reward mechanic. Players can now shoot rockets toward the back wall and use splash damaged to kill players trying to grab redeemer.

(DM-Citadel V3) Update changes as 2/18/2017:
    -Added 3 health vials into the Berserker room in order to entice players to move through there.
    -Broke the wall near the Stinger Room, so picking up ammo for the Stinger becomes more risky because players can be easily knocked out.
    -Added barriers near the middle ramp, this is designed so player who do not understand the more advanced movement mechanics will have a longer route to get the shield belt. This is designed to favor players who understand how to use wall jumps.
    -Reduced amount of health packs throughout the map and put most health packs in the CQC and Center rooms. (Areas that are extremely risky and have high damage weapons.)
    -Replaced the reduced health packs with different ammo drops making it more viable for players who prefer weapons found on one side of the map, have the option of using it throughout the map.
    -Removed railings on the +25 Armor, allows player who grab the power up to escape more easily since the area is highly contested.
    -Changed the railing size of where the Redeemer is located in order to make the lift jump easier for players to access the weapon. [Previously way too hard to perform the jump while a player is in combat.]
    -Removed railings on the health pack near Bio Rifle. [Previously impeded players getting the health pack and escaping]
    -Removed jump pad near the Link Gun. [Previously way to easy for players to obtain +100 armor, this forces players to use trick jumps rather than just using the jump pad and forces newer players to actually run around]

Meshing Begins: 3/1/2017

I hope everyone enjoys the updated version of the map!

Attached Files
    Last edited by vst22; 02-26-2017, 11:38 PM. Reason: Updated Map

Thank you for sharing your hard works with us vst22! It looks like a pretty tight map! Loaded onto the LoPing Arena for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-08-2017, 12:17 PM. Reason: Loaded
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Awesome, thanks for uploading it! I am constantly play testing the map and will continue to make changes. I hope everyone enjoys the map!

Comment

Glad to say, so far so good with the exception of the lava pit being really merciless. This was the basically the only gripe I noticed players having on the map.
        You also might want to check the timing on the bezerker trap doors, they stay closed for a rather long time. Keep up the GoodWorks!
        LoPing

Comment

Hey DutchSmoke,
          Glad to hear its going well so far. I have to agree with you about the lava pit being very brutal on players. It will be changed to damage over time rather than a killzvolume. I am just debating how much damage over time the player will face. I thought about using the same damage over time as DM-Deck, but I want it to be a little more punishing, but regardless I will change it to a damage over time. I also have lowered the time of the doors down from 25 > 10 seconds. I also plan on increasing the cooldown timer on berserker. I made some minor changes on the ramps and railings due to how they would impede players in fire fights. I hope to have a new build of the map by this coming saturday (1/20/2017). Once again, I really appreciate the feedback, it really does help. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hey everyone, made some pretty big updates around the shell version of the map. I hope to hear back from people about it and I hope to hear back from the community about it!

Comment

Thank you kind sir!
              LoPing

Comment

So the map is coming along design wise. I am looking to begin meshing next week. If you guys have any feedback about how I can improve the map before I start fully meshing, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Thanks for the v3 vst22! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                  LoPing

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=213318]DutchSmoke[/MENTION], I appreciate it.

Comment

Hey Guys, V4 is up and I hope the changes make gameplay even better

Comment

Thank you for V4 vst22!
                        LoPing

Comment

Working...
                        X