Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-TDM-CTF-Temple For All (v5 Update 09.04.17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TDM-CTF-Temple For All (v5 Update 09.04.17)

Please comment.
    v2 Update 05.02.17
    v3 Update 19.02.17
    v3.1 Update 22.02.17
    v4 Update 27.02.17
    v5 Update 09.04.17

Temple For All

Map Size : Medium-Large
    Optimal Player Count : 6-16

map variations :
    • DM-TDM (With energy shields) v5TDM
    • CTF(With energy shields) v5CTF

Download Link :
    v5 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...1AtRmg4SjlBZWs

Video Links :
    ver0.95CTF : https://youtu.be/SggSonudMh0
    v2TDM : https://youtu.be/Ww8gKl6CUgU
    v3 : https://youtu.be/meonbHyBgdU
    https://youtu.be/gTboAiTY1Fs

v4: https://youtu.be/A96sC459u7I

v5 screenshots

Spoiler

v4 screenshots

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Akio Kami; 04-11-2017, 01:13 PM.

Some impressive looking visuals/models from your screenshots. You've obviously put a lot of time into your map!

Comment

Looks like some training area. IDK if that was the Idea, but it's great!
      it's really a nice map, gougeous visuals! But seems really small. How about making a expanded version? (not to critisize, just a though). I was thinking, this map looks like for 4 players top, any way to turn into a 8 players map? Maybe throw back those flags, put some walls where the flags were (not to create a maze, just so that you can't pass the area in one straight line in the middle), and another section where the flags will be, put the flags not hanging from the ground, but in a pedestal or something like that.

Comment

Pretty impressive looking works you've shared with us here Akio Kami! Looking forward to trying out the DM version!
        Loaded this Gaijin DM onto the LoPing Arena for your enjoyment.
        Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 02-02-2017, 11:38 PM. Reason: Loaded

Comment

Hey ! thanks for comments! Some assets are from free Infinity Blade Set and another from another UT maps. So i was working with what i've got.... =) This map is about Speed , movement and team play. and there not so much of small maps in UT. So we need some.=D But i was thinking about expanding this level too .
          Last edited by Akio Kami; 02-04-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

hi there, just ran around a bit in the DM version and noticed that the door frames miss colission boxes. also with translocator you can easily get on top of the building or out of the map which leads to some underground lake with a fishing hut . from there i dropped out of the map. kill-z height is far below skybox (you can change this in world settings in editor).

didn't get to actually play the map yet but it looks neat so far.
            my ut4 projects:
            mp_killhouse (cod4 port)

Comment

Originally posted by qq0815 View Post
              hi there, just ran around a bit in the DM version and noticed that the door frames miss colission boxes. also with translocator you can easily get on top of the building or out of the map which leads to some underground lake with a fishing hut . from there i dropped out of the map. kill-z height is far below skybox (you can change this in world settings in editor).
              didn't get to actually play the map yet but it looks neat so far.

Hi! Thanks for commenting.I had to remove for time being door collision. but i've redone it in v3 maybe if i have time i'll redo all level collision in this version. but now i'm more concentrated on completing adding second new area.
              oh i've forgot to restore killz coz that hut was playable area.

Comment

Thank you for the update Akio Kami!

Comment

v3 teaser
                  Attached Files

Comment

So after few bash's on it with others, some thoughts;
                    • The side jump addition is a nice concept! As you mentioned, be sure to check the blocking volumes.
                    • The lighting inside needs to be turned up and the light intensity of the ramp tube lights needs turning down.
                    • In general those who played it found it a bit too cramped in relation to the speed of the jumps.
                    • The main ramps slope could do with abit more easy access, by way of maybe a set of stairs or longer ramp added to a side could provide this option.
                    • The space under the ramps looks like a good spot for the sniper rifle.

Thanks again for the update and looking forward to checking v3! I hope this helps you out some & Keep it Up!

Comment

This look awesome

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                        So after few bash's on it with others, some thoughts;
                        • The side jump addition is a nice concept! As you mentioned, be sure to check the blocking volumes.
                        • The lighting inside needs to be turned up and the light intensity of the ramp tube lights needs turning down.
                        • In general those who played it found it a bit too cramped in relation to the speed of the jumps.
                        • The main ramps slope could do with abit more easy access, by way of maybe a set of stairs or longer ramp added to a side could provide this option.
                        • The space under the ramps looks like a good spot for the sniper rifle.

Thanks again for the update and looking forward to checking v3! I hope this helps you out some & Keep it Up!
                        Much thanks for commenting!

i've changed some of the collision and now it must be much better.
                        in v4 i'm planning on focusing on visuals(light too) and optimisation.
                        about speed of the jumps... if it would be slower it would be easier to hit jumping target.=(
                        I was thinking about making easier access to ramp but i like when people think twice before jumping there from the ground and not from above =D but i like idea with stairs... i'll try it.

yeah space under the ramps realy good in CTF/FR/TDM where energy shield protects you from enemy fire...
                        there is rifle on the map for sniping =D

i'm completing v3 right now and starting upload it soon.

Comment

Hey DutchSmoke new v3.1 out and it works with February UT update.

• new ramp and corridor collision
                          • navigation fix for bots
                          • DM now has new player spawn points in new area
                          • added in DM BioRifle spawn point

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Akio Kami; 02-22-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Highly appreciated update here Akio Kami!

Comment

Hey DutchSmoke new update... again v4 with new light and post-processing , 2 extended areas and big collision fix!
                              if there no UT update or big problems with level... v5 will not be out so soon as other updates.
                              i'm going to try port my game to android(and it seems like i have to start from scratch) so i don't know when i'll resume work on Temple for all.
                              And really, really thank you for commenting and helping with testing

Comment

Working...
                              X