• Show
Clear All

DM-Crankin

Hi.

http://www.crocopede.com/media/Downl...wsNoEditor.pak

3fe8369ab99b3d6f2137c1f76c3695d0

Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Crankin-03

Updated 24-02-2017
    Last edited by Crocopede; 03-06-2017, 08:00 AM.

Shock Area. Lowered walkway. U-Bend stairway going to top. Catwalk going to top

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Old Double Damage Area. Jump pad added leading to mini. Good for cutting off enemy towards shock or flak

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Flak Room. Cat Walk in center. Armor window made taller to allow easier to spam armor. Walkways lowered.

Shock Area Lift exit. Used to be a hallway going straight into link gun area.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Bio Rifle Area. Added stairs to break line of sight

Comment

Good luck with this !
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Good to see you're working on this Crocopede! BigUp for share'n your works yet again! Loaded onto the LoPing.
        Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 02-12-2017, 11:43 PM. Reason: Loaded

Comment

Thx guys

Cant wait to get home and work on it again. Dreamed of some adjustments to make

Comment

Belt area lowered. Removed Camping blocks near back wall. Added ramp that allows you onto a ledge leaving you exposed for a second before you jump up.
            Thought the belt needs to be a little more exposed. Even ground gave the guy with the belt the upper hand. Now that belt is lower its easier to splash damage the guy going for belt.

Fixed some major brush issues. Gonna play test a little more then start meshing.

Comment

Hi Crocopede,

DM-Dankin is a really nice interpretation of Rankin. Like the various movement options! Bots seem to get stuck hopping on the jump-pad right at the Link gun, maybe give it a bit more direction. Also the light from the outside sunset so really great. Let a bit more of it in the map, and add some more of these industrial style windows like you used in your version of Rankin:

they were great!

Overall cool gameplay & flow, but getting up the slope/wall at the shield belt is pretty though and random ... maybe make that somehow easier.
              Besides this: keep going!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mr Van; 02-13-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

@MrVan
                Fixed slope at belt area

Added sliding gap and broke out wall at stairs to open room and allow for chasing.

Added pillar. Removed a pillar and added a box and also a roof support to break line of sight at link and moved jumpad back to avoid landing on it when dodging through gap

Removed stairs and added back slopes and added boxes at bio. Also moved bio ontop

Changed some item placement throughout the map.
                I am satisfied with this. And will stop here. Otherwise i am going to end up overhauling and overhauling because there will always be something cool to add.

Will release a little more polished BSP version of the map soon to keep players occupied until the meshed version is finished.

Cheers

Comment

Map called DM-Crankin
                  updated original post with new MD5 and download

Please use this version. Unless something game breaking is discovered this version will remain until meshed version is done.

Cheers

Comment

You rock ! Thanks for this version of Rankin ! I love this map ! Keep it up <3

Comment

BigUp for the update! Crankin the good clarity indeed!

Comment

Hi

Sorry one more update
                        Finally got around to play test with people. And there were struggling with ramps. So i changed the belt area to do what i wanted to do. A gap to allow shock combo follow up for belt guy trying to escape.
                        I lowred some floors a little here n there. And i overhauled the NavMesh and no longer sit with tons of nav data never being used.

New Download in OP

Comment

Those are the obvious changes. Most ramps should now be easier.
                          Bots play a lot better. there is still 3 snags for bots. Catwalk near wall by shock, jump pad behind shock at link, and slide wall by shock

Comment

@Crocopede Updates are always welcomed f you ask me but you might check the UTF settings on your DM-Crankin-03 link, it's not working on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                              @Crocopede Updates are always welcomed f you ask me but you might check the UTF settings on your DM-Crankin-03 link, it's not working on my end.
                              Hmm. Im running a linux server. Not sure if that makes a difference.
                              Changed the info to download link hash and folder

Comment

Working...
                              X