Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx guys.

Busy Texturing and lighting.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

shrooms and stalactites test

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Tunnel leading to previous room. Brightened things up a bit.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

https://youtu.be/V9P33u3e3eo

Comment

when have you meshed update?

Comment

Almost done. Need to model a tree. And do a few minor blocking volumes then its done.

Though it will be some time as i need to do something about the textures. I will have to use Epics textures or something because package size is currently 550mb. Which is unacceptable.
              And this is only with 4 x 4096 textures that i reuse across the entire map.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Im done. Finally.
                Just polishing up some blocking volumes.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Just : Wow.

Comment

Heres a shot from the outside area.
                    I got the hardest areas done. Still have to cover some roofs with blocking volumes.
                    So might just actaully release this beast by sunday

Comment

Looks great, looking forward to testing this out

Comment

Yo Yo Yo

Stoked to present DM-Malo
                        Check original Post.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

9098fa01529087fe2be24fa6eccb63a2
                        https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak

Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

Comment

Nice

This is a really enjoyable DM map. The gameplay around the central area is awesome. Some great touches, such as the jump pad inside the tree trunk. Shield placement is awesome and will lead to a lot of LOLs.

I noticed there's no shallow water sound when you're on the lower level.

Visually it's great. I feel like it might benefit from a slightly lower overall atmospheric lighting, and some more localised lighting gathered the shrooms and glow worms. Then this localised lighting could be extended once again, more softly, to the overall room. If this kind of atmospheric lighting could cover each area well enough i think it would make more sense and make the map 'look better'. At the moment the bright things are just kind of sitting there being bright with no real effect on the map lighting. There are places where it looks better than others, such as the mushrooms under the ledge in the third last screenshot above. Hope this makes sense, hit me up if you want to hear more.

EDIT oh and also using the type of lighting in different cavern rooms could help with working out where you are in the map. Like one room more glow wormy and another more shroomy with lighting to fit. and i think less of these thing with more lighting from each would enhance the overall effect.

Some places felt cramped, such as the flak and link rooms. I'm someone who doesn't mind smaller maps so perhaps a wall could be shifted outwards. I don't think map scaling would be the answer though. Just some small adjustments. If it gets bigger it should be laterally not vertically for sure.

Shock and sniper might be too close? switch sniper and link? It's fun to use sniper in the cavern area actually, and link is nice outside.

You could also experiment with reverb effects inside the caverns to give that cave feel.

Well done though, I'm sure it's going to be a classic.
                          Last edited by the_hack; 04-08-2017, 08:57 PM.
                          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Thx the_hack
                            I agree with your opinions.
                            The 2 things i really wanted to fix was the waterflowmap for the main pool and also those 2 waterfalls in the back.
                            But i will restrain myself. Keep reading the crits and take notes for the next release.

For now i have not found any game breaking bugs. Theres a few minor snags here n there but other than that its playable.
                            I want to start building an industrial asset pack so stuff like rankin can be meshed.

This was a fun project. Start to finish. I learned a ton of things that cripples a workflow. Where not to invest time in, what not to overthink.and when its really neccisary to bulding geometry. :P

Think for now im fairly content, If however i see the maps popularity pick up then i will do the final touches on it. But the mission was accomplished. Design a map. Release a map.

Comment

Please stick around to rename it for future builds. Plays well. Could be more spacious to for with new movement, otherwise good.

Comment

Yeah, I think too the sniper rifle and link would be better swapped.

Comment

Working...
                                X