No announcement yet.

CTF-Remy v03 [6/28/17] (new build)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Remy v03 [6/28/17] (new build)

Updated to version 3. I reworked one side of the midfield. The tunnel through the center was opened up a bit and the reverse lifts were removed. Udmg was moved from the center, each team has one and it is perched on both sides of the midfield. Belt was moved from the lower room up to where the Udmg was. With these changes, the flag routes should be different with various risks/rewards to each one. Let me know what you think!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Download: CTF-Remy_v04 [50MB]

Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/CTF-Remy_v04
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Remy_v04-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/users/tidu1d769/CTF-Remy_v04-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="3c2137f5740e20c3605423af47e8a7ed")
    Last edited by tidu; 06-28-2017, 10:26 PM.
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

nice seeing you did another wip ctf map! thanks!

Comment

I think defenders might get frustrated by lack of weapon access. Maybe put lift or jump pad from Link. That would give RL next to flag, Link a drop and hop away, and Flak a medium distance.
      No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
        nice seeing you did another wip ctf map! thanks!
        Thanks!

Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
        I think defenders might get frustrated by lack of weapon access. Maybe put lift or jump pad from Link. That would give RL next to flag, Link a drop and hop away, and Flak a medium distance.
        Good point. I'll explore a couple different ideas. Here's one of the fixes I am looking at:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Raise the link to a separate room, and connect it to the flag platform with a lift (red arrow). This way it feels more connected to the base, and it's not an easy shortcut for the flagrunner. They would still be able to hammer jump to it though. Thanks for trying it out!
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Remember to flesh out the architecture before detailing so you don't run into the same issues you had in your other map.
          CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Nice Tidu. The elevators to the bottom area lead down but not up.... Was that your intention? This way it does the same thing as a simple hole, expect for that it blocks players who run behind someone who uses it! Thus making it harder to assist you flag carier.

I like the curves in the bases, although I worry that the base will become a slaughter house like the one in Pistola (this niche with flag). Its very exposed!
            Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-15-2017, 03:15 AM.
            For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
              Nice Tidu. The elevators to the bottom area lead down but not up.... Was that your intention? This way it does the same thing as a simple hole, expect for that it blocks players who run behind someone who uses it! Thus making it harder to assist you flag carier.

I like the curves in the bases, although I worry that the base will become a slaughter house like the one in Pistola (this niche with flag). Its very exposed!
              Yes that was my intention with the lifts, I wanted to make it risky to grab the belt, flagrunner or not. If it was a hole, a player could translocate out. You're right that it could block a teammate trying to help. I extended the time that the lift stays down to help with this. Once a player is familiar with the lifts, I hope they would know to shoot a translocator disc down there while it's open. It's still just a test, I'm interested in seeing how human players interact with this setup.

I understand your point about the flag. I would like to avoid a layout like Pistola where most of the action is near the flag and it's just cramped flak spam. I'll experiment and try to avoid this. Thanks for the feedback
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Hey all, here's a new version. Most changes in this version are in the bases. Check out the shot below, keep in mind the camera is inside BSP so it may look a bit goofy. But it's the best way to show what changed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...2M0X3dPLXppOFE

I expanded the base and added an extra large room below the flag. This room has a number of entrances and a big hole in the ceiling opens up to the flag platform. The link gun was moved to this room. The room leads to a second room near the entrance to the base. It has a lift to the upper deck, and a platform carved out of the wall. Flagrunners can dodge jump off this angled wall to hop the gap and land near the shock bridge.

The flak room is bigger, and the flak was moved to an alcove below the entrance. This way defenders can take cover under there, and offensive players have to backtrack a bit if they want to grab the weapon.

Current concerns:

• Is the midfield too open? Are there long lines of sight?
                • Some hammer jumps can really shorten a flagrunner's route, should I work to prevent this?
                • Would it help to add a bio to the base? I'm not sure if it suits this layout well.

Thanks for playing!
                DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Updated for the 3/28 build
                  DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Updated to version 3. I reworked one side of the midfield. The tunnel through the center was opened up a bit and the reverse lifts were removed. Udmg was moved from the center, each team has one and it is perched on both sides of the midfield. Belt was moved from the lower room up to where the Udmg was. With these changes, the flag routes should be different with various risks/rewards to each one. Let me know what you think!
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Didn't realize the new build would pop out so quick. Updated link is in the original post.

I've been playing around with some assets to get an idea of what I want the map to look like before meshing. I'd like to finalize the layout before starting that though.

DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Updated for the new build. Work is continuing on the next version of the map
                        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

looks very good tidu, can't wait to reach that level of knowledge in level design. gonna give this a try. as you know we need more ctf maps asap lol

good map, love the multiple flag routes, not so many choke points. only thing i noticed was it was pretty bright in some spots. that could just be my old *** eyes lol. overall i hope to see it in circulation.
                          Last edited by Mondogrunday; 05-27-2017, 05:07 PM. Reason: had a chance to play test it...
                          There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Comment

I've only just started playing this one, but so far it's great. I love the various route options, and I enjoy the 'open-ish' midfield.

Thank you very much for making and sharing. Lord knows we need more ctf maps! Glad you're chipping in.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll address the brightness in the meshed build which is still a ways off. The map has been repacked with the shell version.
                              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
                              X