Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Map][WIP] DM- Reverie

Hey all,

I made a few maps for UT2k4 in the distant past, but since then I've learnt a lot about map making and the game creation pipeline and was prepared to make maps for UT3.... yeah that didn't turn out so well.

BUT, after playing around with the movement prototypes on github it inspired me to get mapping again, I've knocked up a rough blockout for a map, I wanted to get some cool areas in there or shortcuts that were only accessible to those who knew the movement, while still allowing people who didn't know the movement too well to play the map and still have multiple options from anywhere on the map.

The blockout isn't quite finished yet, around 80% I would say (gotta add a few entrances, like on the ledge near the bridge in the first SS), but since I'm going away for a week I thought I would show it here so you guys can bash it to smithereens and I can change stuff when I get back. (:

Oh, and the ramp dodge thing is something I wanna put in but I am unsure whether it actually works the same as UT2k4 ramp dodging so I am experimenting with that.

Link for the map is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK...it?usp=sharing

Video of the map, as well as some of the shortcuts shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rnl4bjgm7Q

Screenshots!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Amp_zpsdad5dd20.png
Views:	1
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	352563

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Link_zpsbda61a0d.png
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	352564

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_LG_zps1238f40e.png
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	352565

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Shield_zps88b51faf.png
Size:	512.6 KB
ID:	352558

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Shock_zpsf2616dec.png
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	352559

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Connector2_zpse870bbbe.png
Size:	494.9 KB
ID:	352560

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Connector3_zps971966e1.png
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	352561

Name:	Reverie_Alpha_Connector1_zps6e7c4a1a.png
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	352562
    Attached Files

Sick layout dude! Nice work!
    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Looks awesome even for now, good work!

Comment

That looks fantastic already. Can't wait to find out what you're gonna do with it!

Comment

Wow that is an extremely impressive blockout. Going to be some great mapping done for the new UT I can feel it!
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Looks pretty nice so far. dl'ing now.
            David Spalinski
            @spazinski
            Epic Games

Comment

I'm a fan of more open maps, but it looks good. Kind of claustrophobic with the blue lighting, reminds me of Curse.
              Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

very good I look forward to seeing more on how this level develops... I personally love all kinds of DM match, indoors or outdoors I don't care

Comment

Nice layout
                  Stevie's corner
                  My UT4 levels
                  Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                  X