Blitz-Lost to Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Blitz-Lost to Memory

Below is a screenie of a low grav map, for the new UT, that I've started working on!
    It's based on one of my favourite pictures on Deviant Art by a very talented artist named ellixus. I got permission from him quite a while back to make the map in UT3 but that never eventuated. Now that UE4 and the new UT is coming I decided that it could be something fun to work on to learn the new engine.

Original image:

Original URL for the image: http://ellixus.deviantart.com/art/Lo...mory-409016614

Details:
    Re-designed for the Blitz and Siege gametypes!
    Re-visualized from original to being buried within the think atmosphere of a gas giant!

Alpha001 build (for original DM version): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j...wsNoEditor.pak

Blitz alpha version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwivsirqky...Alpha.rar?dl=0

Quick DM 'of Blitz alpha' cook: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pszingatkq...Alpha.rar?dl=0

Blitz WIP:

Older DM screens:
    Last edited by Lord_Porksword; 08-24-2017, 06:44 AM.
    Unreal Old Friends
    My previous Unreal work

This looks very interesting! Floating castles, cities and ruins are my favorite!

There are probably members of the community who could help with meshes if there is enough interest In your map. I'm afraid I lack skills in that department, too.

Comment

Wow, nice start LPS! Those are tough BSP cuts there! I guess you will start to see pretty quickly if UE4 has weird BSP glitches like UE3 had.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

All good so far. Had one or two glitches appear but they were fixed as soon as they appeared.
        Unreal Old Friends
        My previous Unreal work

Comment

Curious to see how this turns out Pork!
          | a.k.a: Barballs | pathnode.com | See ya star side!

Comment

I would say that it could be good piece for portfolio but not for UT level. Unless you will create some nice floorplan.
            Unofficial Enforcer Model
            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

That looks amazing!

Are you planning to replace the architecture with Nali architecture or stay true to the artist?

Comment

I'll be creating it in BSP so it'll stay somewhat true to the original image. (e.g. I have no moddling skills)
                As for floor plan there will be some adjustment to the positioning of the floating walkways to accommodate game play.
                Unreal Old Friends
                My previous Unreal work

Comment

Hey m8, really like what you've done so far This theme fit's perfectly with your style
                  Stevie's corner
                  My UT4 maps
                  Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I love to see this in the game. Floating maps are my favorites.

Comment

Nice. Reminds me of one of the new Unreal 227 maps, which also has floating landmasses connected by jump pads. But then I'd expect you to have seen it, too
                      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I was quite (pleasantly) surprised the first time I played one of those 227 maps. I definitely see some similarities in this concept, and very much look forward to seeing the progress on it.

Comment

My free time is limited but here's a pic of the platforms worked on so far. The platforms will be moved into position once all are mostly done.

Unreal Old Friends
                          My previous Unreal work

Comment

Very interesting theme! I feel if it were to be laid out like the foreground it may not work well since there would not be enough cover around for people?

However, if the main bulk of the map was to be in larger buildings like in the background, with these fractured walkways between them... that could be something awesome

I'm not expert on UT at all, but those were just my initial reactions. It does look cool so far. Keep it up!

Comment

Incredible old buddy. Its going to be interesting to see what you can do with this engine, I remember you working with the UDK and some of slick / sick stuff you came up with.

I know what you mean about the free time thing, I'm going to be over here eventually with you guys, I have to finish about 4 OR 5 UT3 maps, CTF-Nextgen, CTF-UnrealAction, CTF-Maul, etc. I spent too much time on those to throw them by the wayside. lolz. (besides all almost complete, I'd be an ultra-flake not to finalize .. a flake I am not)
                              UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

Working...
                              X