Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Used to Love This Map in UT-99

I hope you're still working on this level Chong. Peak may have been my very first UT experience back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Wow Chong!!!

So many movements opportunities
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Just played a few rounds, it feel great!!!

Really like all the changes
    haha thanks!

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
    One of the few maps nowadays that I can play on solid, stable 60 FPS on my low-end lapto. Also 8 mB map size is really impressive!

In terms of gameplay, it is really challenging and fun. First match, I was falling off the map all the time, but felt much better second match. Really good!
    I haven't started to do the meshing (just the very minimum for the layout) so the size will only grow. I hope the framerate can stay that good on your laptop through many iterations, but one day it won't be then plz forgive me.

Originally posted by Danko955 View Post
    always loved this map, it just looked unreal. good job here for sure
    Really glad you like it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    always loved this map, it just looked unreal. good job here for sure

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One of the few maps nowadays that I can play on solid, stable 60 FPS on my low-end lapto. Also 8 mB map size is really impressive!

In terms of gameplay, it is really challenging and fun. First match, I was falling off the map all the time, but felt much better second match. Really good!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Just played a few rounds, it feel great!!!

Really like all the changes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow Chong!!!

So many movements opportunities

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mr Van
    Thanks very much, Chonglee!

Hope i will have the chance to play this new iteration of the map soon, once my PC uprgade will be done ... my took another 2 weeks.
    Anyway, I'm sure all the changes you did make well sense and overall gameplay will benefit! Think this will become a classic again!

Thanks!
    Yes it's good time to upgrade. I am also thinking about this.

DutchSmoke
    Thank you for this update chonglee!
    Thanks for the support!

I added a video for this version. Some fun moves and the jump boots are really useful in this map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks very much, Chonglee!

Hope i will have the chance to play this new iteration of the map soon, once my PC uprgade will be done ... my took another 2 weeks.
    Anyway, I'm sure all the changes you did make well sense and overall gameplay will benefit! Think this will become a classic again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for this update chonglee! Loaded onto the LoPing.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-22-2016, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 20161120 is now available!

Download it from Dropbox:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...wsNoEditor.pak

Or from MPF:
    https://redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/us...wsNoEditor.pak

Screenshots and more info are coming...

Update:
    The following pictures list the main changes from 20150309 to 20161120.
    Sorry for the big pictures:P

The map had been stopped for about half a year since March 2015 and the last September I started to work on it but so far not too much focus haven't been put on it.
    And suddenly it is now 20 months later!!!

Anyway, sorry for this long delay! I hope at least from now on I could keep it recooked even if there's no enough iteration.

The changes are made mostly to tackle 2 major problems in 20150309:
    - The tower still felt disconnected with the main building, and not so much fun to be there.
    - The SR room and the stairs to the above room, that area felt very annoying and like a bottleneck it attracted too much traffic.

For the first one, I did:
    - Relocate the teleporter exit to the tower side. This is probably the biggest change to allow you quickly switch to the tower side.
    - Replace the jumpad next to the tower with a lift. This opens up many navigation opportunities from the tower side back to main building.
    - Lower the levels of the tower, especially the 2nd floor and the 3rd. This decreases the distances and makes the line of fire much less vertical so overall the tower feels more friendly to use.
    - Move the 50A to the 2nd floor of the tower and add a lift connected to that floor. And the Enforcer pickup. All these make the tower 2nd floor much more useful and memorable and easier to access.
    - Remove the redeemer. It is too much a distraction and I simply can't find a good location for it. The mega health is still strong enough to have your attention.
    - I found the platform next to the tower lifts is really a nice place for sniping, much better than the top of the tower. So the Sniper is replacing the Flak there and the Flak is now on the top, which is also very fun.
    - Added a window in the tower boots room, that gives some interesting air navigation.
    - Added a window for the 100A room, this allows the sniping line of fire from the tower side, and a bit of navigation chances.

For the 2nd one:
    - Just remove the stairs. But there still needs to be a connection so I added a pit, therefore it is one way path and the traffic is a lot less.
    - The SR is moved to the pit so you take much more risks taking it. And it is a little bit further from the double healths.
    - Reshape the nearby area, to make the flow faster from one side to another. The two sides are the side facing the tower and the teleporter side. The idea is by having quick flows you don't miss the removed stairs, you can always find your way up easily.
    - Remove the lift in the room above the SR. There are already 2 must-have lifts in the main building, the 3rd is not so welcome as it created more lift noises, it was based on a dead-end like corner.
    - Reshape that room to have fun wall dodging/sliding.
    - The Bio is moved to where the 50A was.
    - With all these, and the Flak being moved away long ago, that stairs room is now much less important for picking up resources (the Flak, the Belt, the HPs) but still enough important because of the vials and the SR and more fun.

Other changes:
    - Because of the teleporter exit relocation and the flow change, the boots on the teleporter side is now moved to the far end outside the belt room.
    - The grate where the AMP sits, now allows you to shoot through and see the AMP with much less effort.
    - The GL added.
    - The width of the walkways are tweaked, some of them are narrower. I am trying to find the best balance which gives you the smooth navigation with enough practices but still feels dangerous to keep the Peak vibe.

Later I will record a video and maybe more pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chonglee; 11-20-2016, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More chonglee goodness! Can't wait to get it back in the game. I can't think of anything to change since it has been so long since I played it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

I am working on bring back the map to the latest build. ETA this weekend. Time for this one to catch up.

Anything want me to add/remove/modify?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mnich View Post
    I can't believe I overlooked this thread xd The original Peak from 99 was my favorite map. This feeling that you're on the top of the world and you can fall from it at any moment. The monastery was so small and claustrophobic, your rivals could kill you right on the corner. Ahh, good old times .. I'm glad that you're making a remake of it. Even if the monastery is bigger I still love it.
    Agreed. Hope this is still being worked on!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The link doesn't work. Can you please add another one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a newer version ?

The actual one is 6 months old...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X