[Map] DM-Zoide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Map] DM-Zoide

I have completed the blocking of the map, maybe more stuff can be added.
    CanĀ“t think of anything atm. This is a 6 vs 6 map.

You can download it and try it out (feedback appreciated)

V1.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9h0vgc95g...oide.umap?dl=0

New Update 28/8-14

Old updates
    http://i.imgur.com/JUgOYXzl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/14yqMDbl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/stFEfb0l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/wP1pxMWl.jpg

Last edited by Seraium; 08-27-2014, 07:10 PM.

It's coming along pretty nicely! I like it You should pay attention to make some more platforms to hide and grab some power ups to make it a tad difficult i think. Overall, good
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Looks like a good start. The strongest area appears to be the sniper room and the connectivity to it, and gameplay opportunities.

I would suggest giving some attention to the surrounding hallways, and developing gameplay opportunities within them. If they are just connecting hallways, then make them about a specific weapon, and have it play to that weapon's strengths (bio in tight spaces, flak where you can bend it around corners). Generally though, fighting in hallways can get repetitive, so maybe find some that can be expanded to feel like there are opportunities for movement within them.
      David Spalinski
      @spazinski
      Epic Games

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded a new video with the latest update.

Comment

From your new video that looks like an interesting flag room for a CTF level. Having two different suns (blue and red) could play nice for the lighting for each side. Just a thought
          | a.k.a: Barballs | pathnode.com | See ya star side!

Comment

the doorways look like a bit of a cluster**** as far as the collision is concerned, and I would recommend those suspension rails or what ever they are that you demo at the end of the video, I would recommend either removing them all together, (the top half, because someone could piston jump up to them and then be a gay camper) or putting a slanted blocking volume on them so players can't stay up there for long.
            Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
            MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
            Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

I have added a new updated to first post.

Comment

New video and download available.

Comment

Tried the latest download today.

I feel pretty small in the map. I wouldn't say that the length of the map is too large, but the size of the visual and architectural elements seem over-scaled. A good example of this would be how some of the window ledges make you feel small. I felt this the most when rounding into the central midfield on the top level. Maybe try making some adjustments to make the player feel bigger in the space, without changing the actual dimensions of the playable space.

Another note about the midfield areas (above and below) is that they are pretty simple flow-wise. Especially with no connectivity between them. I got the feeling this would play better as an IG CTF map due to the simplicity. If that's what you're going for, then cool. Some of this is just personal taste as well. One thing I will say is that with the long open midfields and the large open base areas, long range weapons are likely to dominate this map, considering your room and hallway dimensions fall on the larger size.

Some nice BSP styling otherwise. I like the space feel, and big thumbs up for adding some UT music
                  David Spalinski
                  @spazinski
                  Epic Games

Comment

I like the architecture a lot, and I actually dig feeling small in a map, I think thats part of the magic ^^.
                    If I am completely honest I would rethink the whole middle area again, because there is practically none. That is a valid option too of course, but I think it would be "wasted" considering that even most ig maps are "bigger"/more complex.

Just my two cents, would really love if Raxxy would add this to the list.

Comment

Really digging the architecture and theme, very nice style.

One critique; It seems like a long jog between flags - almost would fit better for VCTF & or a hover board.

As a vet CTF player let me ad that while the bigger CTF maps (ex: CTF-Strident) are a blast and entertaining though it has always seemed in public servers with voting systems that the medium size to smaller maps are the most popular. I think players lose some momentum & perhaps interest if they have to spend to much time running back & forth from the flags, sometimes it tends to make for more DMing along the way and less flag capturing action if that makes sense.
                      UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will try some different designs in some areas.

Comment

Great map! just saw the update on 6/28 I like the entire flow.

Comment

Yes a great Map see i in the Video please an Pak version from UE 4.7

Comment

Hello!

Awesome map for snipers and for instagib mode i will test it soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X